01/18/10 [AS2 #87] - Circles

Started by Tapewolf, January 18, 2010, 05:09:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

I guess, at the end of the day it has to be Abel's decision.  But yeah, I do wonder what the benefit to Abel would be if he chooses to return.  Not least because the rest of his clan was wiped out by dragons.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

... or is twisted enough to fit his mind through a pretzel without touching the sides.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Hmm... is Abel listening at the door there?  Actually, would he even need to do that, or has Kria shielded her mind?

Bjalf

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 18, 2010, 05:21:07 AM
Hmm... is Abel listening at the door there?  Actually, would he even need to do that, or has Kria shielded her mind?

When "negotiating" with Fa'Lina, who wouldn't shield their mind?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Bjalf on January 18, 2010, 05:28:51 AM

Good point.

Shachza

I love Kria, but I just want to tell her "Shut the hell up before you say something that will piss off the one you're trying to protect!"  (Abel)  She's practically digging a hole for herself to jump in while Fa'lina calmly dodges Kria's issues and just talks about what's best for Abel.

I don't want Kria to be the totally heartless evil bish...   :C
            <-- #1 that is!

Anker Steadfast

She's a demon ... she probably ate her own heart, just for kicks !  :lol

And I'm guessing Fa'Lina will keep her line of "Let Abel decide" .. which is probably a good thing.

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Lucheek

Politics are already complicated before you toss magical species in there. Then you get a whole new fun of complicated Politics.

KyleEverett

I'm a dirty boy, but dang are those pants on Abel tight. *shame*

Tapewolf

Actually, this raises a good point.  Is she going to pick up on Abel being there?

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: KyleEverett on January 18, 2010, 11:42:59 AM

Dang .. how big is the closet you live in ?  :D

SpottedKitty

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 18, 2010, 11:44:25 AM

Actually, this raises a good point.  Is she going to pick up on Abel being there?

Remember Fa'lina's ability to foresee for anyone at SAIA. She has to know Abel's listening. She's not just talking to Kria, she's talking directly to Abel. What does Abel have any more in Zinvth? A mysterious inheritance Kria wants to protect from Aniz, that he doesn't seem to know anything about?
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

Tapewolf

Quote from: SpottedKitty on January 18, 2010, 01:18:43 PM
Remember Fa'lina's ability to foresee for anyone at SAIA. She has to know Abel's listening. She's not just talking to Kria, she's talking directly to Abel.

Good point.  That they weren't in SAIA kind of threw me, but yes, it remains working for a couple of months after they leave the Academy.

Bjalf

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 18, 2010, 11:44:25 AM

Actually, this raises a good point.  Is she going to pick up on Abel being there?

Around those two girls, I'd shield my mind and my pants.

... and maybe around you   :P

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 18, 2010, 01:28:50 PM
Quote from: SpottedKitty on January 18, 2010, 01:18:43 PM
Remember Fa'lina's ability to foresee for anyone at SAIA. She has to know Abel's listening. She's not just talking to Kria, she's talking directly to Abel.

Good point.  That they weren't in SAIA kind of threw me, but yes, it remains working for a couple of months after they leave the Academy.

Which would leave the question though why Kria started the "negiotations" in the first place then. With that abillity, the starting condition would be rather uneven, wouldn't they? Or didn't Kria know about Fa'Lina's abillity at that point? That sounds rather unlikely to me though, for such a powerful demon.

Then again, Kria seems to have means of keeping even Fa'Lina at bay, at least in Zinvth. Or was Fa'Lina just playing along here?

Tapewolf

Quote from: 127.0.0.2 on January 18, 2010, 05:37:49 PM
Which would leave the question though why Kria started the "negiotations" in the first place then. With that abillity, the starting condition would be rather uneven, wouldn't they? Or didn't Kria know about Fa'Lina's abillity at that point? That sounds rather unlikely to me though, for such a powerful demon.

I don't think she knows.  It's not clear that Abel really knows that she can do this, not at this stage in his life anyway.

QuoteThen again, Kria seems to have means of keeping even Fa'Lina at bay, at least in Zinvth. Or was Fa'Lina just playing along here?

I strongly suspect that Fa'Lina could have gone right through it if she chose.  However doing that would have been disastrous in terms of diplomacy.

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 18, 2010, 05:46:06 PM
Quote from: 127.0.0.2 on January 18, 2010, 05:37:49 PMThen again, Kria seems to have means of keeping even Fa'Lina at bay, at least in Zinvth. Or was Fa'Lina just playing along here?

I strongly suspect that Fa'Lina could have gone right through it if she chose.  However doing that would have been disastrous in terms of diplomacy.

I agree, she could probably smash trough the runes if she really wanted to.
Which brings about an interesting point - We have yet to see Fa'Lina use any of her power on .. well .. anything.

Apart from teleporting, I guess.
And hitting Aniz in the face ... though that's probably not a Cubi power as such. :D

It would be interesting to see just how powerful she really is, rather than just using thinly veiled words and muffin bribery !

I'd be interested in that, too. I mean, come on, that woman got to have some weakness at least :D

... besides muffins, I mean ...

Anker Steadfast

Children might be her only real weakness ... well, and talking about her deceased clan is a sort of weakness too I guess.
Though I'm not sure it would be one to count against Fa'Lina, or for her.

But Aniz sure looks scared when he mentioned it, so we can deduct that she must wield a fairly substantial amount of power.

Shachza

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on January 18, 2010, 08:51:51 AM

Yeah yeah yeah.  But Kria's my favorite character, so I don't like seeing her setting herself up to eat her own hoof, and then probably the wickedly clawed feet of two very upset 'cubi.

Where are those muffins?  I need to make a timely cameo to avoid this!
            <-- #1 that is!

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Shachza on January 18, 2010, 06:14:15 PM

Yeah yeah yeah.  But Kria's my favorite character, so I don't like seeing her setting herself up to eat her own hoof, and then probably the wickedly clawed feet of two very upset 'cubi.

Oh, I wouldn't worry about it, Fa'Lina seems to enjoy ending things in ways that may be a bit embarrassing, but rarely damaging.
And it does seem like she enjoys adding muffins to the mix.

:)

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on January 18, 2010, 06:20:20 PM
Quote from: Shachza on January 18, 2010, 06:14:15 PM

Oh, I wouldn't worry about it, Fa'Lina seems to enjoy ending things in ways that may be a bit embarrassing, but rarely damaging.
And it does seem like she enjoys adding muffins to the mix.

:)

And that's because there are so many flavors that there's a muffin that can make anyone happy, and with Fa'lina's abilities, she can probably immediately anticipate anyone's favorite flavor upon meeting them.

And cupcakes technically muffins with frosting on them?  Because some might prefer cupcakes over muffins.

Icon by Sunblink

Anker Steadfast

oOoooo ... Fa'Lina with cupcakes !!

The intrigues that could spark in the academy!

jeffh4

Now for the real question. How long has Abel been listening?

Did he hear Fa'Lina talk about the Regal Post attack being linked to the purchase by Zinvth?  If he did, that would put a big dent in his trust in Kria.  She'd be partially responsible for the death of Devin.  Until now, he's just believed that she "happened" to show up right then.

candide

Quote from: jeffh4 on January 19, 2010, 01:01:34 AM
Now for the real question. How long has Abel been listening?

Did he hear Fa'Lina talk about the Regal Post attack being linked to the purchase by Zinvth?  If he did, that would put a big dent in his trust in Kria.  She'd be partially responsible for the death of Devin.  Until now, he's just believed that she "happened" to show up right then.

Exactly.

As soon as I saw that last panel, I immediately thought, "Oh Snap!"  Poor Abel.  Just lost his mother after seeing her for the first time in 50-some years.  And then this.

No matter how long he's been listening, he'll probably feel a violation of trust, to some degree, of both Kria and Fa'Lina.

(And don't forget, everyone, that there's other background that might make Abel want to continue his studies.)

Chakat Blackspots

What an off the wall comment there.

Anyway, since Abel seems to be listening in on the conversation, he'll probably confront Fa'Lina when she gets back to him.

Keleth

I think I know what's gonna happen.

He's gonna go back to Saia.

Why?

The group -found- him still there :b
Help! I'm gay!

Bjalf

Quote from: Drathorin on January 20, 2010, 10:58:51 AM
I think I know what's gonna happen.

He's gonna go back to Saia.

Why?

The group -found- him still there :b

Yes, but how long after this? I can well imagine Abel being willing to give Kria a chance, and then later return to SAIA. She used to be his teacher, after all. And she helped save his butt at that raid.

AmigaDragon

But what he may have overheard implied that she was involved in the raid, not just happened by.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Bjalf

Quote from: AmigaDragon on January 20, 2010, 02:04:46 PM
But what he may have overheard implied that she was involved in the raid, not just happened by.

Absolutely, but there are too many unknowns at this point. How much did he actually hear? How much did he sense from emotions? How well have the various minds been shielded? Where are Abel's 3 remaining cheeky spots located? Can Fa'Lina be muffin-bribed to tell?

God only knows, and is ebil.

:mwaha