01/15/10 [DMFA #1077] - Like a Brick

Started by Turnsky, January 15, 2010, 05:16:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turnsky

Actually, Matilda's kinda sweet to our plucky Incubus, isn't she?

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Pretzel

Yep, though that grin is mildly off-putting somehow...

Anker Steadfast

Considering her own brother relations, it might have helped Dan more than both realizes.

But, if that's how she handles "subtle" I wonder how she is then, when she's "brash" and "loud" !
It should be quite a sight!

:D

Also - Puppy dog eyes time three!!  :eek

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Mao

I agree with the sentiment that panel 3 is mildly creepy or off-putting, but contend that the absolute cute of the two panels before that more than make up for it.  I Daaaaw'ed at the second panel.  I think Amber really has a knack for softer expressions that can melt just about anyone.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Anker Steadfast

Oh god .. why did you have to mention pegging ?  :eek

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Mao

I think that, what makes the eyes creepy in the third panel has to be what looks like a distinct lack of eye whites, which when coupled with the clear fangs in the smile, make for an eerie mixture of odd and aggressive.  It's almost like having a creature that just tried to gnaw your ankle off give you puppy dog eyes.

I kinda think of the pet that goes by the name 'Steak' in "Tegami Bachi: Letter Bee" when I look at panel 3.

Dard

The true reason why the last panel looks so creepy is because it reminds of Alexsi!

I don't care, the really really cute second panel is pure gold!

Thirty Second Artbomb

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 15, 2010, 06:07:32 AM
I reckon she's got Dan pegged.

Not if it's... y'know what? No. Not going to decimate my fragile lurker image by sharing. I'll just send you my therapy bills instead. It's easier for everyone that way.

In other news, I do like where this particular thread of storyline is going. It's about time Alexsi and Dan had personal lives that didn't explode in their faces, dangit.

e_voyager

personally i think she looks kind of sweet when she's dropping those hints to dan who's far more socially aware then i am. it's not the first time she's doe it you know
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

!KCA

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on January 15, 2010, 05:21:09 AM
But, if that's how she handles "subtle" I wonder how she is then, when she's "brash" and "loud" !
It should be quite a sight!

Just ask her brother.

Netrogo

Dan and Matilda, sittin in a tree...

Atleast at this rate they damn well should be by next comic :boogie
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Thirty Second Artbomb on January 15, 2010, 07:08:59 AM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 15, 2010, 06:07:32 AM
I reckon she's got Dan pegged.

Not if it's... y'know what? No. Not going to decimate my fragile lurker image by sharing. I'll just send you my therapy bills instead. It's easier for everyone that way.

Oh. Hrm.

Do I get them framed and hang them on the wall, or merely drop them into the cross-cut shredder? Tough call...

jeffh4

First, Matilda's skin has quite the shiny going on.  Didn't realize that until this comic. Nice effect, Amber.

Second, do you guys think this is Dan's first real date EVER?!?!? I'n not considering stuff like he and Wildy going out to DDR. 

If so, he's doing pretty well, all things considered.

Tapewolf

Quote from: jeffh4 on January 15, 2010, 09:04:47 AM
Second, do you guys think this is Dan's first real date EVER?!?!? I'n not considering stuff like he and Wildy going out to DDR.  

Actually, I seem to remember Amber saying that he did have an adventurer girlfriend in the past, but things didn't quite work out and they split up.

**EDIT**

http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php/topic,4995.msg223265.html#msg223265

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Lucheek

Well, I like Matilda more now. That's a big thing to be understanding of.

Bjalf

Quote from: Pretzel on January 15, 2010, 05:17:50 AM
Yep, though that grin is mildly off-putting somehow...

Looks familiar.

Quote from: Netrogo on January 15, 2010, 07:49:10 AM
Dan and Matilda, sittin in a tree...

Atleast at this rate they damn well should be by next comic :boogie

It's a match made in Arkham Asylum Heaven.

Mao

Quote from: Lucheek on January 15, 2010, 09:31:04 AM
Well, I like Matilda more now. That's a big thing to be understanding of.

I have to say, I agree.  It really speaks volumes to her personality and how awesome she really is.  Though I know a few who would, most girls I've encountered would not react so well and be that understanding.

Corgatha Taldorthar

Bah. Matilda is too normal, too sweet.

We want crazies! :D
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Scrap Fish

She tore fer brother's arm off. Does that make it any better?

But this, combined with past actions, does make for a very strong personality.

Just spreading the confusion around. There's enough for everybody!

Mao

Though Dan deserves some credit here too.  It takes balls to admit that you're doing something like that to a girl, especially if you do kinda like her (regardless of the degree).  No one wants to really hurt the feelings of someone they're fond of. 

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Mao Laoren on January 15, 2010, 10:31:06 AM
Though Dan deserves some credit here too.  It takes balls to admit that you're doing something like that to a girl, especially if you do kinda like her (regardless of the degree).  No one wants to really hurt the feelings of someone they're fond of. 

Except for sadists. And possibly masochists.

Psy-Kosh

On the subject of Dan and Matilda, just figured I'd call attention to the last panel of http://www.missmab.com/Demo/HG02.php :)

Captain

ah, the blue, it is astonishing!  :mowdizzy But then there's Destania.

I also have a strange desire to quote someone but for some reason it's probably not worth drawing attention to.
If you want to visit me:
Download this: http://shoddybattle.com/downloads
then go to Captain's Modded Server and look for captaiN

Madmann135

I like this comic, it shows that Matty does understand Dan by giving him a direct line of what she wants him to do but making it seem almost subtle.
I really like Matilda now.  Especially after she explained everything to Dan.

The last two panels are full of cute.  
I don't care if she has fangs or no whites in her eye, just the puppy dog eyes and adorable smile does it for me.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

ooklah

<wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka>
"Why no, officer, I am not made of pancakes."

Mao

Silly ooklah, if she wanted to hypnotize him, she'd just hold his head about a foot lower.

Jasonrevall

i don't think those eyes are creepy i think they are cute.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

Corgatha Taldorthar

Quote from: Mao Laoren on January 15, 2010, 12:35:01 PM
Silly ooklah, if she wanted to hypnotize him, she'd just hold his head about a foot lower.

I nominate Mao for winning the thread.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.