01/13/10 [FFC #59] It's only Taboo if society says so....

Started by Mao, January 13, 2010, 10:59:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mao

..and it sounds like the vast majority of the society doesn't think so.  I'm not sure if I should be happy or very afraid for Luke.

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Mao

Tapewolf

Quote from: Mao Laoren on January 13, 2010, 11:02:03 AM
Yes, afaik.

Looks like it should be.  I wondered at first if it was Turnsky's take on Pal, though the fur is wrong for that.

Will the tech guide explain where he got the glasses made in a medieval tech area?  :P

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 13, 2010, 11:06:59 AM
Quote from: Mao Laoren on January 13, 2010, 11:02:03 AM
Yes, afaik.

Looks like it should be.  I wondered at first if it was Turnsky's take on Pal, though the fur is wrong for that.

Will the tech guide explain where he got the glasses made in a medieval tech area?  :P

I actually did a little research on that myself, but you can only trust Wikipedia so far.  According to that source, there have been sunglasses dating back as early as ancient China, and their lenses were made out of smoky quartz and other translucent/polarized gems.

Regular glasses for vision correction date back to about the 9th century, so they definitely exist in medieval level technology.  Also, we saw another character from a close area wearing them as well, so we know they exist on Ariannia.

However, I'm not sure if Shade's glasses are corrective or not.

EDIT:
Turnsky, you never fixed Ephrael's right eye in panels 5 and 6 of page 58.

Icon by Sunblink

Tapewolf

Keleth

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 13, 2010, 11:17:45 AM
Quote from: ChaosMageX on January 13, 2010, 11:16:57 AM
However, I'm not sure if Shade's glasses are corrective or not.

I stand corrected.

Oh my god. The tapewolf is mortal, he can make mistakes!

My view of the world is shattered.
Help! I'm gay!

Turnsky

EDIT:

yes i did, you just didn't notice.  >:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Turnsky on January 13, 2010, 11:30:29 AM
EDIT:

yes i did, you just didn't notice.  >:3

Oh, silly me, I was not wearing my corrective lenses when I viewed it this morning. :P

Icon by Sunblink

Zedd

Tapewolf

Quote from: Drathorin on January 13, 2010, 11:28:05 AM

If every line I wrote was entirely correct without fail, I could command a far larger salary than I do...

Anyway, regarding the comic, I feel obliged to say that Shades is looking pretty awesome here.  And I'm so glad that Luke seems to be getting someone sensible as a guide, Eph really had me worried there  :P

Mao

Tapewolf

Quote from: Mao Laoren on January 13, 2010, 01:54:09 PM
Would you rather my character? :P

I don't really know him will enough to make an informed judgment, but I'll take your word for it  >:3 Really I was hoping for Paige or Paladin, but Shades is good too.

If I had won, I had thought to offer Daryil and see what Turnsky did with him.  Though since it would probably have involved driving Luke to insanity and/or suicide, it's probably a good job I lost.

ShadesFox

So I'm just the distant third, is that what you're saying Tape?  You are so mean!  *Beeps Tape's nose*

That is quite the rocken fox there Turnsky!  :boogie
I like the outfit and the look on his face in the last panel.  Yes... Luke and I will be good friends :3
The All Purpose Fox

Tapewolf

Quote from: ShadesFox on January 13, 2010, 02:55:13 PM
So I'm just the distant third, is that what you're saying Tape?  You are so mean!
No, last I saw, Pal won the auction, that's all  :P

ShadesFox

The All Purpose Fox

Keleth

All you weird canine/fox types are mean.

It's in your blood
Help! I'm gay!

Turnsky

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 13, 2010, 01:13:01 PM

If every line I wrote was entirely correct without fail, I could command a far larger salary than I do...

Anyway, regarding the comic, I feel obliged to say that Shades is looking pretty awesome here.  And I'm so glad that Luke seems to be getting someone sensible as a guide, Eph really had me worried there  :P

well somebody needs to pry Eph off of Luke.  :U

Chakat Blackspots

Quote from: Turnsky on January 13, 2010, 08:02:35 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on January 13, 2010, 01:13:01 PM

well somebody needs to pry Eph off of Luke.  :U

I think with ShadesFox there, he might not mind Eph being on him.  Honestly never knew Shades was that kind of guy. O.o

Paladin Sheppard

Turnsky you evil man you added Shades?

Bwhahahahahaha!

ShadesFox

The All Purpose Fox

Sicill

Luke yet still needs pants, shirt, shoes, possibly coat and hat and to not sit around all day.

Kabbalist

Oh, this is such fun...and probably won't result in quite as many second degree burns as having a roommate whose projects explode a third of the time. Let's just say that being absent-minded isn't a desirable trait in someone that's studying potentially volatile spells and potions.

"Uh-oh" is not the kind of interjection one likes to hear in the midst of an otherwise friendly/sympathetic conversation. Other unpopular conversation stoppers include "Duck!" and "Want to see a chemical (alchemical?) reaction?" This goes double if that last one is said with an unhealthy amount of enthusiasm.

Sicill

Quote from: Kabbalist on January 15, 2010, 08:58:43 PM
Oh, this is such fun...and probably won't result in quite as many second degree burns as having a roommate whose projects explode a third of the time. Let's just say that being absent-minded isn't a desirable trait in someone that's studying potentially volatile spells and potions.

"Uh-oh" is not the kind of interjection one likes to hear in the midst of an otherwise friendly/sympathetic conversation. Other unpopular conversation stoppers include "Duck!" and "Want to see a chemical (alchemical?) reaction?" This goes double if that last one is said with an unhealthy amount of enthusiasm.

I wouldn't think that they would allow too volatile projects to be performed in sleeping quarters. Even if they did allow that, I would imagine that active torture or consuming a soul could be as bad as any alchemy and possibly even worse on Luke.

AmigaDragon

Oh, this is such fun...and probably won't result in quite as many second degree burns as having a roommate whose projects explode a third of the time.

Don't Luke's energy wings (or whatever they're properly called) protect him from most damage on a subconscious level?
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Turnsky

Quote from: AmigaDragon on January 16, 2010, 02:32:13 AM
Oh, this is such fun...and probably won't result in quite as many second degree burns as having a roommate whose projects explode a third of the time.

Don't Luke's energy wings (or whatever they're properly called) protect him from most damage on a subconscious level?

only until he learns how to use them, then that effect kinda wears off, more often than not it's more a in-built self defense thing.. keeps young thaelith from hurting eachother via one method or another.

AmigaDragon

I'm assuming you're referring only to the automatic defense wearing off, where later he has to consciously defend.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Turnsky

Quote from: AmigaDragon on January 16, 2010, 04:04:31 AM
I'm assuming you're referring only to the automatic defense wearing off, where later he has to consciously defend.

aye

Turnsky

i know i've been slacking off big time as of late, but it's summer here at the moment, and i don't work well under stuffy conditions.  :<

Chakat Blackspots

Quote from: Turnsky on February 17, 2010, 10:03:36 AM
i know i've been slacking off big time as of late, but it's summer here at the moment, and i don't work well under stuffy conditions.  :<

Need to get yourself a window AC (shouldn't be too expensive).