01/09/10 [PF #96] The Things One Does For Money

Started by ChaosMageX, January 09, 2010, 10:44:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChaosMageX

Wow, Jakob was certainly willing to do quite a lot to get Azrael back.  It makes me wonder if he didn't at least have a very deep-seated and self-unnoticeable homo-erotic crush on him.

I just find it very hard for two people to be very intimate in their relationship without some sort of romantic chemistry involved in at least one of the parties.

Then again, I may not understand simple friendships that much, considering that I've always been socially distant, if not slightly sociopathic or social anxiety disorder positive.

Also, why is the dialog and story flow in this page one different from the page with the stick figures in it?  Did you re-arrange the order like for Ch. 11, or did you change the dialog because you felt that the "offer my body to him" was too inappropriate for the comic's rating?

Icon by Sunblink

Tapewolf

Quote from: ChaosMageX on January 09, 2010, 10:44:50 AM
Wow, Jakob was certainly willing to do quite a lot to get Azrael back.  It makes me wonder if he didn't at least have a very deep-seated and self-unnoticeable homo-erotic crush on him.
http://www.furaffinity.net/journal/711973/

QuoteAlso, why is the dialog and story flow in this page one different from the page with the stick figures in it?  Did you re-arrange the order like for Ch. 11, or did you change the dialog because you felt that the "offer my body to him" was too inappropriate for the comic's rating?

The story flow is different because I only got the final design about 12 hours ago.  The dialogue is different because I felt I could do a better job of it and wanted to make some tweaks (which, interestingly, I felt was pushing the rating more than the original, though it's a bit more subtle about it).  I felt that I needed a bit more insight into just what Jakob was feeling about what he was contemplating and why.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

ChaosMageX

Okay, but now I have another question: Why does Daryil have ginger hair in panel three, when it is normally slate blue?

Icon by Sunblink

Tapewolf

Quote from: ChaosMageX on January 09, 2010, 12:42:15 PM
Okay, but now I have another question: Why does Daryil have ginger hair in panel three, when it is normally slate blue?

http://www.project-future.org/bedfellows.php?strip=2

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 09, 2010, 12:43:45 PM
Quote from: ChaosMageX on January 09, 2010, 12:42:15 PM

http://www.project-future.org/bedfellows.php?strip=2

So, he changes his hair color at random then?  I guess as a cubi you aren't limited to simple dyes.

Icon by Sunblink

Tapewolf

Quote from: ChaosMageX on January 09, 2010, 01:14:38 PM
So, he changes his hair color at random then?  I guess as a cubi you aren't limited to simple dyes.

He goes through phases - keeps it one way for a few months or years and then changes it when he gets bored of it.  It was navy blue during the Tree party and pale grey when he first appeared in Joshua's dream.
Partly this is a response to Amber bugging me about the colours being too drab - otherwise it would probably have remained grey.

Amber Williams

You and your pesky colours that only appear in nature. :U

Gabi

Only in nature? I'm sure I've seen a lot of artificial grey things.

Then again, I may be reading that post in a wrong way. It's late at night, my language skills may be failing.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Tapewolf

Quote from: Gabi on January 09, 2010, 09:32:46 PM

Then again, I may be reading that post in a wrong way. It's late at night, my language skills may be failing.

Reading this thread will probably help.  It continues on the following page as well, by the way.

http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php/topic,5630.msg261752.html#msg261752

The 'visual gag' mentioned appeared here:
http://www.project-future.org/strip.php?strip=55

Gabi

Oh! I think that explains it.

*Provides some magenta for Amber.*

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Gabi on January 10, 2010, 08:51:03 AM

*insert a puddle of magenta here*
GAH! My eyes!! 'A'

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on January 10, 2010, 09:24:32 AM
Quote from: Gabi on January 10, 2010, 08:51:03 AM

*insert a puddle of magenta here*
GAH! My eyes!! 'A'

What are you worrying about, Ren?  You only draw the comic.  It's Tapewolf that colors it.

Or would you react like that if Tapewolf really did color one of the characters you drew a nice bright, hot pink?

Icon by Sunblink

Sprocketsdance

Gabi.. you're awsome :tighthug  They need you to bring in some more of your feminine awesomeness to this over-dominated male thread! \o/

Oh! and what a fun game!  >:3 it'd be neat to see all of the characters have a round or two with it :3

and poor Jakob.. what he'd do for science.. such strong devotion!

Tapewolf

Quote from: wuffnpuff on January 10, 2010, 06:26:29 PM
Oh! and what a fun game!  >:3 it'd be neat to see all of the characters have a round or two with it :3

Strictly, it's Jakob's slightly pointed way of saying that he's just told Dorcan something very private, so it's only polite to return the favour  :P

Turnsky

i think the trick is that while one is able to use brightish colors, one needn't make them retina-burningly bright..

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Chakat Blackspots

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 10, 2010, 05:08:20 AM
Quote from: Gabi on January 09, 2010, 09:32:46 PM

Reading this thread will probably help.  It continues on the following page as well, by the way.

http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php/topic,5630.msg261752.html#msg261752

The 'visual gag' mentioned appeared here:
http://www.project-future.org/strip.php?strip=55

Its like that horse in Wizard of Oz

So, Jakob is the one who invented the cyclotron in this universe?

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 09, 2010, 01:37:17 PM
Quote from: ChaosMageX on January 09, 2010, 01:14:38 PM

He goes through phases - keeps it one way for a few months or years and then changes it when he gets bored of it.  It was navy blue during the Tree party and pale grey when he first appeared in Joshua's dream.
Partly this is a response to Amber bugging me about the colours being too drab - otherwise it would probably have remained grey.

Hey, you could do that strip in several Daryl hair colors then do like Llearch's forum avatar so that each time we look at the page it shows a different color. :ipod
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Tapewolf

Quote from: AmigaDragon on January 11, 2010, 03:30:53 AM
Hey, you could do that strip in several Daryl hair colors then do like Llearch's forum avatar so that each time we look at the page it shows a different color. :ipod

That would require customising the IBAE engine, which ideally I'm trying to keep fairly stock.
However, if I have a strip with Daryil which fits into an 8-bit colour space, I might be able to do it as an animated GIF or something.

**EDIT**

Quote from: kusanagi-sama on January 10, 2010, 11:53:05 PM
So, Jakob is the one who invented the cyclotron in this universe?

Probably not.  He had it built by existing high-tech companies on Furrae for use as a synchrotron light source (maybe they have magical atom-smashers as well, but that's not Jakob's style).  He didn't elaborate on what he was going to use the source for, though.

Gabi

Tapewolf

Just as a heads-up, we might be late on this one.  Most of the comic is done ahead of schedule, but there are two panels still to be finished.  I am quietly confident that it will be worth the wait :P

I am now colouring the final panel.  Hopefully we should be up by midnight GMT, we'll see.

Tapewolf

It is done, approximately 6 days of work.
I'll probably make a few minor tweaks to panel 8, but there you go.

EDIT:
Someone remind me to upload the detail versions of the flashback panels.  Too tired to do it tonight...