12/30/09 [PF #93] Why can't Whitebloods Dream of Electric Sheep?

Started by Chakat Blackspots, December 30, 2009, 08:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chakat Blackspots

So... the reason why Cubi's don't sleep, other than there's really no need to, is because they don't dream?

And that was a short chapter.

ChaosMageX

Seriously, I know that neither synthetics nor cubi need to sleep, but can synthetics still dream?

Also, is this early update part of your swear to the Gods to get Chapter 12 before the beginning of 2010?

Glee, if you're this forceful with Ren, we should, by my calculations, be able to get Chapter 19 (my all-time favorite), started before the beginning of 2011!  :boogie

EDIT: Darn it, ninja'd for the first time!  Please merge either way, but I feel that my title's better.

Icon by Sunblink

Madmann135

My question is why would she want a powerful cutting laser when she is more effective with magic?

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Chakat Blackspots

Quote from: Madmann135 on December 30, 2009, 08:49:31 PM
My question is why would she want a powerful cutting laser when she is more effective with magic?

Because she's trying to keep her magical powers secret (nearly everyone where she works doesn't know she's a Cubi)

Madmann135

Quote from: kusanagi-sama on December 30, 2009, 09:10:35 PM
Because she's trying to keep her magical powers secret (nearly everyone where she works doesn't know she's a Cubi)

Guess that makes sense but if one were to take into consideration that the man portable ones are used as cutters (unless they want to go Dead Space Isac Clark style).

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Tapewolf

Because Jakob was also designing something bigger than the one he used to destroy a building.  See pages 47 and 48.  And one day I swear, I'll fix Jakob's eyes in page 47.

Quote from: ChaosMageX on December 30, 2009, 08:35:18 PM
Seriously, I know that neither synthetics nor cubi need to sleep, but can synthetics still dream?
Yes.  This also goes for android 'Cubi.

QuoteAlso, is this early update part of your swear to the Gods to get Chapter 12 before the beginning of 2010?
Yes.

QuoteGlee, if you're this forceful with Ren, we should, by my calculations, be able to get Chapter 19 (my all-time favorite), started before the beginning of 2011!  :boogie

I was hoping for that but I doubt it'll happen.  I had wanted to start Part 3 tomorrow, and back in August, it looked like we were going to make it.  Now it looks like we'll be getting there only in March.  Though that is technically on schedule as the comic originally started in March.

Quote from: kusanagi-sama on December 30, 2009, 08:30:45 PM
So... the reason why Cubi's don't sleep, other than there's really no need to, is because they don't dream?
Amber once said that without dreams it was something of a hollow endeavour, so unless they're keeping up a disguise they tend not to.

QuoteAnd that was a short chapter.
Six pages.  Unfortunately it took about eight times as long to do, not least because the Keaton flashback was supposed to have been done by Keaton herself and it all went completely to hell.  Not that it's possible to pin the blame on any one person, nor would I want to.  It was just one of those things.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Tapewolf

We now have our special bonus update.  We might have a post new-year one too, with any luck.
Enjoy!

Chakat Blackspots

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 31, 2009, 06:54:54 AM
Quote from: kusanagi-sama on December 30, 2009, 08:30:45 PM
Amber once said that without dreams it was something of a hollow endeavour, so unless they're keeping up a disguise they tend not to.

QuoteAnd that was a short chapter.
Six pages.  Unfortunately it took about eight times as long to do, not least because the Keaton flashback was supposed to have been done by Keaton herself and it all went completely to hell.  Not that it's possible to pin the blame on any one person, nor would I want to.  It was just one of those things.

Oh, sort of like "Whats the point of sleeping if nothing comes from it?"

Gabi

That's also why they like getting into other people's dreams, according to Aary. If they can't have dreams of their own, they can at least enjoy someone else's.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Chakat Blackspots

Quote from: Gabi on January 01, 2010, 08:10:02 PM
That's also why they like getting into other people's dreams, according to Aary. If they can't have dreams of their own, they can at least enjoy someone else's.

I wonder if the person can tell that there is a cubi in their dreams?

Tapewolf

Chakat Blackspots

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 03, 2010, 12:51:58 PM
Quote from: kusanagi-sama on January 03, 2010, 12:32:10 PM
I wonder if the person can tell that there is a cubi in their dreams?

If the 'Cubi wanted it, I'm sure they could.
http://missmab.com/Demo/Cubi03.php

That last panel in the link can garner even more questions about the practice, but only if I can think of any.