12/19/09 [DMFA #1067] - Change in policy

Started by Tapewolf, December 19, 2009, 06:27:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

This could get ugly.  Just in time for Christmas, too.

As for Amber's hand, I did something to mine last week while I was asleep.  I think I bent it or something - one of the fingers seemed to have been sprained and was very painful.  It slowly recovered during the day.   (That doesn't seem to match Amber's symptoms on re-reading though :P )

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Turnsky

as long as it doesn't puff up like This Amber oughta be fine.  :U

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Janus Whitefurr

Damnit, damnit, damnit... be understanding, be understanding...

*note* Matilda's coy look in panel one is adorable! */note*

...damnit, damnit, damnit...
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Dard

Matilda in first panel:

Sooo cuuute!!!  :3

Yeah, hopefully she will be understanding. So far she has been, in every way.
Maybe, she could even find it flattering. ("And you thought of me? Why, thank you!")

Jasonrevall

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on December 19, 2009, 07:18:48 AM
Damnit, damnit, damnit...
Engineer is spy!

sorry, ive had too much tf2  :P.

now we get to learn about Matilda and her beliefs about forgiveness and whatnot. This arc is fun.  :)
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

Tapewolf

At the end of the day, Dan did this because he was very worried about his sister.  That is a good thing (especially since he did this even though she's always terrorizing him).  The way he did it, not so good.

bradypodidae

Matilda's comment about "stroke my vanity" is a tad worrisome. I'm not sure how being used as a cover to spy will sit with her. At the least I think she will be disappointed, if not a little hurt. In the last panel, she seems a little taken back by Dan's question about honesty.
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

SpottedKitty

Adding to the fun, going by the look on his face Dan's just remembered his date can breathe fire. Next he'll remember what she did to her brother...
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

Nyomi

Well, there is the fact that if he did lie, only Abel knows what his original intentions were, so the likelyhood of it coming back to bite him could be minimized. But there is always blackmail.

I would tell a white lie in this situation or skirt the question and only reveal the truth later if I were Dan, but then, she does have him backed pretty squarely into a corner.

Stig Hemmer

Given that he has already the "honesty" question, she will not accept any white lie.  (Also, I don't think Dan is a good lier)

At this point, nothing but the truth will be acceptable.

Of course, he will then have to ask her nicely not to tell his sister... which she might or might not do. :mwaha
Stig Hemmer, at your disservice.

Dard

Oh come on, she already suspected that there must be an other motive than just looking for some company for Dan to ask Matilda out.
Probably because he hasn't called for such a long time and suddenly he does.

How could the actual reason be much worse than anything Matilda could think of?
And did it bother her so far?
No, it didn't!

Lucheek

Red alert!

Ahehehe. Well at least Dan is considering telling the truth.

Also, Amber, one time I woke up because I punched the wall in my sleep. (It was like sleep walking, but with...punching.) Maybe you've been doing things with your hand in your sleep that didn't wake you up.

bradypodidae

Quote from: Dard on December 19, 2009, 09:25:42 AM
Oh come on, she already suspected that there must be an other motive than just looking for some company for Dan to ask Matilda out.

If you are referring to Alexsi, I think she believes Dan is at the Inn with Abel and unaware he sneaked out on a date with Matilda.

Quote from: Lucheek on December 19, 2009, 10:06:50 AM
Also, Amber, one time I woke up because I punched the wall in my sleep. (It was like sleep walking, but with...punching.) Maybe you've been doing things with your hand in your sleep that didn't wake you up.

I hope this is not something that will follow you throughout your life; especially when you decide its time to share your bed with your mate...  :U
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Lego3400

Quote from: Lucheek on December 19, 2009, 10:06:50 AM
Red alert!

Ahehehe. Well at least Dan is considering telling the truth.

I know someone who was sleepwalking and while sleepwalking hit her father over the head with a book <.<

Dard

Quote from: proeliator bradypodidae on December 19, 2009, 10:47:59 AM
Quote from: Dard on December 19, 2009, 09:25:42 AM

If you are referring to Alexsi, I think she believes Dan is at the Inn with Abel and unaware he sneaked out on a date with Matilda.
No, I was refering to Matilda.

Crawldragon

Man, whatever answer Dan gives, this could be a major turning point in the comic. Fanfiction writers prepare!

Matilda seems like the kind of person who would be hurt by Dan's real motivations. I wonder if she would ever forgive him really.

She and Dan make a great couple, if you ask me.

Chakat Blackspots

Dan will probably tell the exact truth, in which he went out with her because he was worried about his sister and wanted to follow her, but not look obvious doing it.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Heh. I'm just wondering if he could get away with it by mentioning where she is. Thereby giving the "well, I was going to, but you looked so nice" excuse...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: kusanagi-sama on December 19, 2009, 01:57:12 PM
Dan will probably tell the exact truth, in which he went out with her because he was worried about his sister and wanted to follow her, but not look obvious doing it.

There are many ways to spin that.  One of them is that he was originally going to do this but decided to skip that idea because it was evil and just do the date thing anyway.

Crawldragon

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 19, 2009, 02:08:50 PM
Quote from: kusanagi-sama on December 19, 2009, 01:57:12 PM

There are many ways to spin that.  One of them is that he was originally going to do this but decided to skip that idea because it was evil and just do the date thing anyway.
That's not much more tactful. It makes her sound like an afterthought.

Gamma

I sit here wondering why on Earth Amber would do this to her character. Then I think of this possible answer,
"Why to be deliciously evil and malevolent of course! This world exists purely for my tortuous amusement; your interest is merely an unintended side effect."
I then imagine her wringing her hands evilly, possibly with a fit of manic laughter.  :mwaha

OR to sum up, "More tears for the tear thrown* throne!"

**I can't be expected to actually come up with something witty and not make a mistake! I mean seriously, I only get one good shot at anyone a month and my average hasn't improved in years.
011010000111010001110100011100000011101000101111001011110111011101110111011101110010111001111001011011110111010101110100011101010110001001100101001011100110001101101111011011010010111101110111011000010111010001100011011010000011111101110110001111010110111101001000011001110011010101010011010010100101100101010010010010000100000100110000

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Aisha deCabre

This'll be an interesting conversation...

I rather see Matilda viewing Dan as a very caring brother.  Whereas she had just told him basically that her own brother couldn't care less about her.  Might be one more thing to admire.

But that's just me.  :B
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

SquirrelWizard

Update Status: Zombified

<Tezkat> Talking to yourself is a sign of impending mental collapse.
<SquirrelWizard> I talk to myself all the time, and I'm the sanest guy I know.

<TotalBiscuit> Upgrades! Upgrades! Upgrades! Its wacky-waving-inflatable-arm waving... nuclear missile... well, suppose that works...

Madmann135

There are many ways Dan can try to spin it but in all likely hood I am guessing Matilda would get upset at first then calm down quickly and they continue...
...all the way down to the wedding isle.

I mean we might have half-dragon nephews in Dan's future, why not Mythos-Cubi kiddies?

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Psaakyrn

Quote from: Madmann135 on December 19, 2009, 09:37:21 PM
There are many ways Dan can try to spin it but in all likely hood I am guessing Matilda would get upset at first then calm down quickly and they continue...

I mean we might have half-dragon nephews in Dan's future, why not Mythos-Cubi kiddies?

I do not think the Soulstealer family is amused.
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

Techcubi

Quote from: Psaakyrn on December 20, 2009, 01:09:10 AM
Quote from: Madmann135 on December 19, 2009, 09:37:21 PM

I do not think the Soulstealer family is amused.

Don't you mean, with the exception of Lorenda?