Can't you think of anything less geeky than "Hello World?"

Started by Crawldragon, December 11, 2009, 04:06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crawldragon

Hi. I'm new here. I felt like joining a new forum, and figured I'd register here. I found this place thru DMFA like maybe 45% of the people here. I don't know what kept me from registering so long; I guess I was shy about meeting new people. :rolleyes

But I'm generally a nice person, and I look forward to getting to know all you people.  :murtagoy

Brunhidden

Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

bradypodidae

I seem to recall quite a few denizens of this place proudly declaring their geekiness. So perhaps a geeky intro isn't such a bad thing. Welcome aboard.
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Lysander

Loving, ranting, geeky...sounds good to me, dragon. Welcome to this interesting place.   :januscat
TytajLucheek

Tapewolf

I'm kind of curious now.  In what languages do you program?

Also, since no-one else seems to have mentioned it, don't forget to read the rules if you haven't already...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Crawldragon

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 12, 2009, 11:48:19 AM
I'm kind of curious now.  In what languages do you program?

Also, since no-one else seems to have mentioned it, don't forget to read the rules if you haven't already...
Yeah, I read the rules. I might have trouble w/ "don't be an idiot," but... :p

I program in Python mostly, but I'm taking Intermediate C++ next semester, and I *have* done C# and BASIC, the former of which is probably never going to be used again :-)
:evar

Sienna Maiu - M T

What's all this then?  More than one new member in one night? How am I expected to make a unique and individual welcome for each and every one of them?! I was under the impression that there hadn't been new blood in here for quite some time! :O

Oh but then again, I suppose I do always take the party with me, where ever I go :>

Hey there Crawldragon, despite what the former paragraph may have led you to believe, it's nice to meet you :D

As has come to be expected of me when making a welcome, here is a pointystick with which you may protect yourself. *tosses over a pointystick, which was pulled from a plot-hole* "The original pointystick! Don't be taken in by any lesser quality knockoffs!"

Watch out for things like the mods, carnivorous lionesses, and random events (especially those wild slimes... they're up to something, I know it). Read the rules, and be sure to enjoy your stay ^-^

Sienna Maiu ~ Moonshine Tallgrass

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on December 13, 2009, 06:00:31 AM
What's all this then?  More than one new member in one night? How am I expected to make a unique and individual welcome for each and every one of them?! I was under the impression that there hadn't been new blood in here for quite some time! :O

Whatever gave you that idea? We have a fairly steady flow of newcomers.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

MT Hazard

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on December 13, 2009, 06:07:23 AM

But not all of them survive...
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

SquirrelWizard

Nice to meet ya!

For a while I introduced myself with the following.

TREMBLE YE MORTALS AND DESPAIR FOR DOOM HAS COME TO YOUR WORLD!

and then go rambling about squirrels, magic, and the apocalypse in no specific order.

That really endeared me to the forum populations.  :rolleyes

Hello World is alright though less likely to raise questions.
Update Status: Zombified

<Tezkat> Talking to yourself is a sign of impending mental collapse.
<SquirrelWizard> I talk to myself all the time, and I'm the sanest guy I know.

<TotalBiscuit> Upgrades! Upgrades! Upgrades! Its wacky-waving-inflatable-arm waving... nuclear missile... well, suppose that works...

Darkmoon

Quote from: MT Hazard on December 13, 2009, 12:52:57 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on December 13, 2009, 06:07:23 AM

But not all of them survive...

*cough* Sorry. Who knew plutonium-flavored Pixie Stix would be a bad idea...
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...