5/12/09 [PF #89] Tree Party

Started by MT Hazard, December 05, 2009, 01:50:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MT Hazard

Daryil throws the weirdest parties, still wouldn't be too bad,unless you were on the toilet I guess.

I'm also curious about the cut off word
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Amber Williams

I have chosen the best time ever to return to reading the comic. :3

Tapewolf

Quote from: MT Hazard on December 05, 2009, 01:50:09 PM
I'm also curious about the cut off word
Gay.

We have a slight problem in that 'Strange Bedfellows' hasn't finished, so you only have a partial inkling as to what's going on.  Unless you read the cast pages.  Basically, Daryil implemented a birth control mechanism which involved turning clan members homosexual when they had conceived a preset number of children.

Quote from: Amber Williams on December 05, 2009, 01:50:59 PM
I have chosen the best time ever to return to reading the comic. :3

In truth, you haven't missed all that much because the thing stalled for about three weeks owing to Ren, Keaton and Kipiru all going sick or missing at the same time.  Seriously, these collaborative things can really be a pain sometimes...

And now, for those who are interested in what's happening, here's a half-res version of the forest scene:

http://www.project-future.org/stuff/things/Forest.png (750KB)

EDIT:

Also thanks to MT for spotting the typo  :3

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Chakat Blackspots

I guess we'll have to read the rest of Strange Bedfellows to understand why Daryil chose to do something like that to his clan members, instead of choosing other methods of birth control.

And I would imagine we'll find out how many children you could have before being turned gay.

Zedd

Amber Williams

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 05, 2009, 02:02:21 PM
In truth, you haven't missed all that much because the thing stalled for about three weeks owing to Ren, Keaton and Kipiru all going sick or missing at the same time.  Seriously, these collaborative things can really be a pain sometimes...

That reminds me...I think I was supposed to something for you.  *brain goes bloopity bloop*

Tapewolf

Made a couple of slight fixes in case anyone is interested.  In panel 5 you couldn't quite see Jakob's pupils in the final version.  This is fixed.
I have also made that word slightly more obvious, and amended Nigel's scream of terror.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Hehehe.

I've liked that party idea since TW first mentioned it. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

LionHeart

I take it Nigel is much like Abel was - never heard of 'Cubi, much less known that he was one.
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: LionHeart on December 05, 2009, 09:07:35 PM
I take it Nigel is much like Abel was - never heard of 'Cubi, much less known that he was one.
Oh, he heard quite a bit about the Cubi. That's why he is so terrified. And indeed, he does not know he is one himself. :B

LionHeart

That should be interesting.

"AAH! Demons!!"

"No, we're not demons. We're your relatives..."

"AAH! Relatives!!"
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Turnsky

i remember my first tree party....

it was meaty.  >:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Gabi

Aww, they've hung my sunflower on the wall! That's so nice! ^_^

Is that Ren down there?

Interesting hinting, by the way. And nice work portraying the reactions of the surprised clan members.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Gabi on December 06, 2009, 08:21:31 AM
Well, they are in the middle of the Arctic. They wanted something cheerful and sunny to look at. :3

Is that Ren down there?
Yes. Yes, it is. :B

Tapewolf

There was little point in having that shrine-like picture of Azrael on the wall when he's alive again  :P

Quote from: LionHeart on December 05, 2009, 09:17:34 PM
"AAH! Relatives!!"

Nigel D'Aril's father was one of the 'bump-em-and-dump-em' school of incubi.  Having seduced and impregnated a naive young lady, he was soon caught in bed with the mayor's wife and slain on the spot by the mayor, a half-demon.  He is therefore unable to attend the party himself.

Lisky

So, if that's Ren we spot... who's that, that he's ...errrmmm... with?

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Basilisk on December 06, 2009, 08:53:32 AM
So, if that's Ren we spot... who's that, that he's ...errrmmm... with?
That's Mika, Ren's girlfriend. :3

..I would have posted some pictures of her, but most of them are not safe for work. :B

Pagan

After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Pagan on December 06, 2009, 10:57:19 AM
Mika's got blue hair?
Last time I saw a colour version of her, she did. :B

ChaosMageX

Ah, so Ren really is an incubus.  That's good to know.

Also, do all the cubi in that picture have identities, or are some of them just random?

Icon by Sunblink

Chakat Blackspots

Quote from: ChaosMageX on December 06, 2009, 12:48:48 PM

Also, do all the cubi in that picture have identities, or are some of them just random?

I know Ren isn't in the cast page, so a few of them are random (Especially the one with the green hair at the bottom)

Tapewolf

Most of them are random.  Nigel will likely be turning up again around chapter 25.
The only regular cast members shown here are Niall and Jakob.  Ashley, Izak, Petter and Daryil himself are elsewhere in the forest.

Ren Gaulen

Well, as long as it comes for the PF continuity, he is. Normally he is something different, though.

Quote from: kusanagi-sama on December 06, 2009, 01:40:43 PM

I know Ren isn't in the cast page, so a few of them are random (Especially the one with the green hair at the bottom)
Aside from Ren, Mika (the girl he is with), Niall and Jakob, every character in that scene was, in fact, made up on the spot,.

Brunhidden

self plug for the win ren, the comic needs more white tiger
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Madmann135

I can only imagine the horrible outcomes that teleporting your entire clan at once, especially without warning them.  
I mean, what would it look like if you were ...more exposed than Ren was at the moment.

And the birth control method is ...chilling in my opinion.  I can imagine some clan members adopting children and being strict advocates of birth control after hearing The method of keeping the clan's numbers under control.

Side note.
More shirtless males in the comic.  What is it with being an incubus and being shirtless?

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Madmann135 on December 07, 2009, 03:44:26 AM
And the birth control method is ...chilling in my opinion.  I can imagine some clan members adopting children and being strict advocates of birth control after hearing The method of keeping the clan's numbers under control.

That's basically Jakob's position.  However the effect has diluted - so the further away from Daryil you are in the family tree, the less likely it is to work.

QuoteSide note.
More shirtless males in the comic.  What is it with being an incubus and being shirtless?

Making the females shirtless would break rating.  We got away with it for Mika, though.  We probably should have had more females, though.

Ren's ISP crashed out while I was colouring.  Actually, he might have been asleep or something.  Either way, I wasn't able to ask him about candy-floss fox in the background there.  That one was my fault - maybe making him shirtless was overkill.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Madmann135 on December 07, 2009, 03:44:26 AM
Side note.
More shirtless males in the comic.  What is it with being an incubus and being shirtless?
Because an incubus is.. *puts on a pair of shades* ..too sexy for his shirt.

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 07, 2009, 05:14:49 AM
We probably should have had more females, though.
Yeah, I thought of that myself - when it was too late. :/ Well, we'll just have to add some female extras here and there in the future. :>

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 07, 2009, 05:14:49 AM
Ren's ISP crashed out while I was colouring.  Actually, he might have been asleep or something.  Either way, I wasn't able to ask him about candy-floss fox in the background there.  That one was my fault - maybe making him shirtless was overkill.
He was actually supposed to have a shirt, but I liked Tape's idea more. :B

Pagan

I wonder, does Daryil's method work on bisexuals?
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Pagan on December 07, 2009, 08:37:39 AM
I wonder, does Daryil's method work on bisexuals?

Yes.

EDIT:
Or, if the sequence has diluted somewhat, it may make them that way.

James StarRunner

Heh... Lucky Ren. He's got the only girl. Need more females. Seriously.

And is Mika that amazon girl? I can't find her last name since FA's down. But if that is her, was she always a cubi?