Left 4 Dead 2 is no joke

Started by silentassassin, November 22, 2009, 09:54:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

silentassassin

Ok when I say this I mean it. The difficulty has been ramped up considerably with enemy AI (although the humans pretty much still screw up with a little ADD occasionally) of the special infected working much better to murder the human cast. With all the added guns, power ups, zombie types, other modes, body damage, and that gore the australians were so whiny about just makes me love it. I've only played parts but god the endings to swamp fever and dark carnival are ridiculous. In DC I had three back2back tanks and 4 *3 at once maybe all 4 it was hard to keep track* in swamp fever. But I only wish MW 2 madness hadn't  struck now because barely ever finding a match is possible. Though it seems there is a bit of a glitchy problem going down right now.

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: silentassassin on November 22, 2009, 09:54:47 PM
and that gore the australians were so whiny about just makes me love it.

Gross generalising? In this forum? WELL I NEVER.

I'm sorry, I wasn't aware that one asshole of an Attorney General named Michael Atkinson who sees it as his duty to single-handedly veto/cockblock an R18+ rating discussion for video games and believes any country with an 18+ game rating are depraved swine constitutes the whole of Australia being whiny about it. Learn some facts before you start making snide remarks like that. I had to have the damn thing gifted to me by a British friend so Steam would register the gift as non-Australian and get all the violence.

Though it seems there is a bit of a glitchy problem going down right now.

Achievements? What achievements?

Whee.
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Valynth

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on November 22, 2009, 11:27:27 PM

I'm sorry, I wasn't aware that one asshole of an Attorney General named Michael Atkinson who sees it as his duty to single-handedly veto/cockblock an R18+ rating discussion for video games and believes any country with an 18+ game rating are depraved swine constitutes the whole of Australia being whiny about it. Learn some facts before you start making snide remarks like that. I had to have the damn thing gifted to me by a British friend so Steam would register the gift as non-Australian and get all the violence.

I don't exactly know much about Australian political law, but how exactly would you go about removing this one man legal task force?  I would assume that at some point, voters would have a say....

Anyway, this is another one of the many games I wish I could play since I've always been a fan of zombie survival horror (I've played most of the Res. Evil sagas)
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: Valynth on November 23, 2009, 12:26:43 AM
I don't exactly know much about Australian political law, but how exactly would you go about removing this one man legal task force?  I would assume that at some point, voters would have a say....

I don't live in South Australia (his state), ergo he's not my attorney-general and I can have no effect on the situation. I can only imagine the option would be use of the legal system to vote him out or find him unsatisfactory for office or something like that - a lot of political stuff is *woosh* over my head, so I couldn't really hand out specifics. If he could be voted out, I hope the gamers of SA all hit voting age and get him out.

This video about the classification system includes an interview with him. To get a handle on how this guy thinks, you really have to see the video. Calling foreign countries with R18+ ratings depraved and swine, hamming up that people "want him removed, whatever that means", etc etc.
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

silentassassin

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on November 22, 2009, 11:27:27 PM

Though it seems there is a bit of a glitchy problem going down right now.

Achievements? What achievements?

Whee.
1. Sorry
2. The servers are being overloaded by people so you can't use the dedicated you have to switch to local or it lags.