13th Nov 2009 [SB #3] Free love

Started by Tapewolf, November 14, 2009, 06:07:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Okay, I was an idiot and forgot that it was time to update Strange Bedfellows.  Hope that keeps you amused until the strip is completed...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

SpottedKitty

"Amused"...? Do you know how hard it is to type when you're laughing this hard?   :mwaha

BTW, that frame of Daryil with a rose in his teeth really deserves to be done as a full page.
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

Pagan

I just wonder where he got that rose so fast...
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Pagan on November 14, 2009, 07:51:46 AM

Same sort of place Abel keeps his swords.

Quote from: SpottedKitty on November 14, 2009, 07:46:04 AM
BTW, that frame of Daryil with a rose in his teeth really deserves to be done as a full page.

Yeah, it's my favourite panel in this one:
http://www.project-future.org/stuff/things/roses.png

Pagan

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 14, 2009, 07:59:52 AM

... I'm going to need a new keyboard and monitor. I don't think that much milk is gonna come out. (kidding, kidding, they're fine)

Still, that image is hilarious. The facial expressions are all ya need. I think, however, that Dar shoulda used dedressu on Yak next, instead of yelling at wossname.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Sprocketsdance

This needs to be on my wall...  :giggle    :boogie  (And yes, Gary would not mind...  :3 )

SpottedKitty

Quote from: Pagan on November 14, 2009, 07:51:46 AM

Same sort of place Abel keeps his swords.

Why do I now have a mental vision of Daryil with a grin and a Medallion-ManFox-style gleam shining off one fang...?
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

Gabi

So... Daryil is out of his gourd. It's an interesting way of putting it. ;)

I guess it must be scary to meet him for the first time.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Tapewolf

Quote from: Gabi on November 14, 2009, 12:36:27 PM
So... Daryil is out of his gourd. It's an interesting way of putting it. ;)

"There is no way this winter is ever going to end... as long as that groundhog keeps seeing his shadow.  He's got to be stopped."

QuoteI guess it must be scary to meet him for the first time.
Particularly if you're a guy...

EDIT:
Anyway, I was going to mention the guest art.  As I'm sure many of you know, Keaton is going through a difficult time at the moment and wasn't able to complete it.  Kipiru very graciously agreed to stand in for her so that we could keep the comic ticking over and look at replacing them in future when Keaton is back on her feet.

Unfortunately, Kipiru has fallen down a well or something, so I'm still waiting to hear back from him.  I do have test sketches, but since they're basically cell-phone photos of the pencils they're not really of a high enough quality to colour from, even as a backup backup plan.

Anyway, that's where we are.  Fingers crossed that Kipiru is doing okay and we'll be able to update sometime when he returns.

Madmann135

This page is CHILLING!!!
Every guy in the room that is not Ikaarion Daryil wants to either fight or flee and Ikaarion Daryil wants them all.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Madmann135 on November 14, 2009, 01:36:17 PM
This page is CHILLING!!!
Every guy in the room that is not Ikaarion Daryil wants to either fight or flee and Ikaarion Daryil wants them all.

Not quite - Daryil wanted to kill Ashley out of jealousy so he can have Jakob all to himself.  Of course, this wouldn't exactly endear Jakob to him if he carried it through.

Gabi

OK, here's some last-minute guest art.

For those who don't recognize it, it's the sunflower from strip 55 before it was harvested for consumption.

Sprocketsdance

Pagan

That's pretty good, Gabi. Not a bad sunflower either.

Tapewolf

Thanks very much!  I've heard from Kipiru, he's been sick the last couple of days but will try and finish for Monday or so.  So I'm going to put up a holding page.

Gabi

Thanks. :3 You can use the sunflower in the holding page if you want.

The original is 4×2.5 cm. Not only are my hands small, but so is everything they produce unless I make an effort to prevent it.

Tapewolf

Gabi

Tapewolf

The old holding page promised something by Monday/Tuesday.  That ain't happening, so I've updated it.

Gabi's old one is here:
http://www.project-future.org/strips/comic/strip087a.png

**EDIT**

Don't forget, the backstory poll ends on the 28th.  Azrael's backstory is currently in the lead.

Tapewolf

We are still beset by problems, but here is something to look at in the meantime.
As mentioned in the rant, unless a miracle happens, we'll be reordering the script so that the guest strips don't happen for a few more weeks.

Tapewolf

This gets worse and worse.  Kipiru and Ren are both AWOL.  Last I heard, Ren had the next page ready for inking on Sunday night, however he seems to have dropped off the 'net completely since then.  Hopefully it's just his internet connection again...

Anyway, unless he suddenly reappears over the next few days I'm not quite sure where we stand with regard to the coming update.
All I can say is that November has really sucked so far and my hopes of starting chapter 12 this year are practically dead in the water.

Anyway, the poll for the next comic after 'Strange Bedfellows' closes on the 28th.  Here's hoping Kipiru (and Ren for that matter) are doing okay.

Chakat Blackspots

One would think that assistants would keep the head guy updated as to whats going on so that he can be prepared.

Tapewolf

Quote from: kusanagi-sama on November 26, 2009, 06:22:24 PM
One would think that assistants would keep the head guy updated as to whats going on so that he can be prepared.

That would be nice.  However, that isn't always possible.  Ren's only internet link is from home and his phone line has been known to go down hard for many days at a stretch (IIRC the record was about 14 days).  Previously he's been able to talk from his work as well, but since he's no longer employed there that avenue is lost to him.
Likewise, if he was severely injured or something, we'd have a similar lack of updates.

I don't really know Kipiru very well so I can only speculate there.  Last I heard he was pretty sick, but that was on the 19th.  I guess he got worse again.

It is worth mentioning that trying to start chapter 11 seems to have laid out THREE artists so I do have to wonder if some higher power is at work here.

What I can say is that if Ren should ever get hit by a bus, I would be deeply saddened, but as long as someone out there is willing and skilled enough to draw it, the comic will continue - with my own crappy line-art if need be.  If I get hit by a bus, I would like to think that someone out there would carry the torch for me, the original storyline being already published and all...

Tapewolf

Well, there is something to look at and something to read.  Not what I wanted and I suspect I'll look at this in the morning and want to remove it because I was depressed while writing it.
As far as I am concerned the year has 11 months.  It always has done - there never was anything between October and December, it was just a lie.

Anyway, fingers crossed we'll be able to get this thing back on track soon.