Secret Santa 2009 : Gift Listing {Done}

Started by Shadrok, November 11, 2009, 11:02:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadrok

This year Zina will be unable to do the Secret Santa, However I have asked and she has given me the ok to host it.

For those who don't know how a Secret Santa works: you basically pick a name out of a hat, and whoever you get you get a present for. That person doesn't know you have them until the day they get their gift, and likewise you don't know who has you.

This Secret Santa though will be only art-related (as in Drawings).

To join just comment or note me saying you want to join. Include a picture or a detailed description of the character you want drawn. If you want anything specific for your character to be doing, include that as well.

The Rules-
Anyone can join, regardless of art skill. All I ask is that you put your effort into the piece.
Remember, this is about GIVING not receiving. Please join because you want to do art for others, not because you want art done for you.
Please, once you know who you're drawing for, make sure they don't find out. That would ruin the surprise.
If you want your gift to be kept under a certain rating, or include/exclude a certain theme,  please let me know.

The deadline to sign up is Nov. 26th.
The deadline to submit your gift is Dec 24th.

I understand with the holiday season some people get busy, so if you feel that you mite be late just send me a note on when you think you will have it done. Also If you finish ahead of time you can note me the pic and I can host it.

On Dec. 25th I'll make a Live Journal entry for the finished Secret Santa pics.

I hope everyone has fun.   :mowcookie

Lisky

I'd like to throw my hat in, if you don't mind :B

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Shadrok

Quote from: Basilisk on November 11, 2009, 10:50:06 PM
I'd like to throw my hat in, if you don't mind :B
No problem, just need your reference pic or detailed description of what you're wanting your Secret Santa to draw for you.

llearch n'n'daCorna

*licks topic, applies to fridge*
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Jairus

Hey, I'll throw my hat in! Just give me a bit to pull my reference pics together.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Shadrok

Quote from: Jairus on November 12, 2009, 08:39:59 PM
Hey, I'll throw my hat in! Just give me a bit to pull my reference pics together.
Ok :mowsmile
Your name has been added.

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 12, 2009, 07:41:37 PM
*licks topic, applies to fridge*
Who knew boxes could be used as glue sticks. :P
Thanks Llearch.

Zina

And because I've always wanted to, I would like to join this year.

I'll note you my refs later tonight. :3

Shadrok

Quote from: Zina on November 13, 2009, 03:52:33 AM
And because I've always wanted to, I would like to join this year.

I'll note you my refs later tonight. :3

Ok  :mowhappy
In a lot ways I was hoping you'd join. :boogie

Gabi

So you're hosting it now? Good luck with that. I'll join, under the same conditions as usual: no Christmas-themed gifts for/from me.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Shadrok

Quote from: Gabi on November 14, 2009, 04:51:57 PM
So you're hosting it now? Good luck with that.
I'll join, under the same conditions as usual: no Christmas-themed gifts for/from me.
Thanks. Your name has been added and I'll pass it on.

WhiteFox

I would join, but I didn't complete/submit my gift last year. Is it too late to make amends?
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Shadrok

Quote from: WhiteFox on November 14, 2009, 10:50:11 PM
I would join, but I didn't complete/submit my gift last year. Is it too late to make amends?

I didn't add the rule "If you haven't submitted your gift for last year, you won't be able to enter this year". The main reason for this is I don't know who did and didn't turn in their gifts last year.

So for those of you who didn't turn their gifts in last year consider this a second chance.

Though if you know who you had and are able to post it, then by all means post it. I'm sure they will still like the gift even if it's late.

So WhiteFox I'll add your name to the list, but try and have the gift this time.

Shadrok

At the time I write this there is still 7 days left to sign up, but since the day is almost over I figured just best to make this for tomorrow.

I've put up a list of who has joined so far on my LJ.

http://shadrok.livejournal.com/4084.html

If you don't see your name on the list then tell me and I'll fix it. I've also included who hasn't given me their reference pic as well.

Lena

I'm planning on joining again this year, just as soon as I get my new reference picture finished and loaded up. It should be done soon. (I hope.   :mowdizzy)
Should I just repost here when the profile is finished, or just PM the link to you, Shadrok?

As for my character, I'm pretty open to what she is doing in the picture. Holiday themed is fine, or something like a 1950s pinup could be fun. Heck, even if she's just chasing a ball of yarn, so long as the person drawing her has fun drawing it. I can't wait to see what I get to draw.  :eager

Gabi

Reference pics below:

Old pic, always useful
Con badge
Being fished
A cute picture by FKK

Color scheme details: the tips of Gabi's ears are black. Her hands, feet, drop-shaped marks around the eyes, as well as the front-side of her neck and trunk are white. The rest of her fur is orange. Her eyes may appear light blue or turquoise (just like many real eyes including my own, they vary with the lighting). Her hair (and eyebrows) is light green (closer to yellow than to blue).

Clothes and accessories: she usually wears casual clothes with bright colors and/or shiny bits. Of course, it depends on the situation. Sports shoes or bare feet, no high heels. And no makeup either. She usually wears a silver chain with a pendant which looks like a dolphin cuddling a blue ball (which I actually have and wear). KK likes to give her a bandana for some reason; she doesn't normally wear one, but I don't mind either way.

Shadrok

Quote from: Lena on November 22, 2009, 07:16:50 PM
I'm planning on joining again this year, just as soon as I get my new reference picture finished and loaded up. It should be done soon. (I hope.   :mowdizzy)
Should I just repost here when the profile is finished, or just PM the link to you, Shadrok?

As for my character, I'm pretty open to what she is doing in the picture. Holiday themed is fine, or something like a 1950s pinup could be fun. Heck, even if she's just chasing a ball of yarn, so long as the person drawing her has fun drawing it. I can't wait to see what I get to draw.  :eager

You can post them here or PM me.

Lena

Cool, just got the profile pic finished too for another swap I'm involved in. Guess I'll post it here.  :)
Profile pic is here: http://ladyphenyx.deviantart.com/art/Lena-Profile-144583378
And these may help too: http://ladyphenyx.deviantart.com/art/Witch-s-Ride-142083539
http://ladyphenyx.deviantart.com/art/Bellydancing-Lena-115608504
http://ladyphenyx.deviantart.com/art/Viva-la-Radio-100467217

I hope these help whoever gets me, not having references can make things hard when you're trying to be nice.

Lisky

I should probably get goin' with a few references for Bas while i'm still awake...

for sheer closeness to how Bas would appear, Ren's sketch is pretty much spot on

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh121/RentheKnight/Bas_Demon.png

for markings i use my own dog's face as a reference
... for a few good shots,

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e268/EWork88/Dukemini.jpg
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e268/EWork88/Bellyrub.jpg
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e268/EWork88/napdisturbed.jpg

Bas is a German Shepherd and Demon, standing at 6'4" (not including the horns, or 7'4" with)  tall, thin, wiry yet muscled.  He's got a black overcoat, that fades to brown for an thin layer, then silver for the belly, and inner limbs. 

The black runs across his entire back, and down his tail, to the tip.  The brown covers the underside of his tail, the sides of his belly, his limbs, the outside of the arms to just below the elbow.  And, on the backs and outsides of his legs to just below the knees. The silver covers the entire inside of his body, and also covers the outer limbs where the brown and black fade.

His cephalic (human-like) hair is a coppery blond, worn in roughly 3 foot long chords which are held together with ring-like ties, made of silver, where the hair is fed through the loop.

If you need anything else, please PM our very gracious host Shadrok to pass things on... hopefully this will be enough though.

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Shadrok

OK sign up is now closed. Those who got their references to me in time should be receiving who they have in a few moments.

Sofox

Dammit! Just when I'd made up my mind, 30mins too late. Guess it serves me right for not being well prepared.

Shadrok

Quote from: Sofox on November 28, 2009, 09:15:21 PM
Dammit! Just when I'd made up my mind, 30mins too late. Guess it serves me right for not being well prepared.
Well to be honest it's a little more then 30mins (I was 2 days late to update... I blame the turkeys) Sorry though.  :mowignore

WhiteFox

I missed the boat, didn't I?

Dammit.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Brunhidden

maybe set up an easter, generic spring, middle of summer art trade thingy so people left out dont feel so left out

in any case i would like to see a list of who all is participating in this years event
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Shadrok

Quote from: WhiteFox on November 29, 2009, 06:03:38 PM
I missed the boat, didn't I?

Dammit.
Unfortunately yes.

Quote from: Brunhidden on November 29, 2009, 10:35:34 PM
maybe set up an easter, generic spring, middle of summer art trade thingy so people left out dont feel so left out
You mean something like Gabi's Covert Courtesy Commutation?

Quote from: Brunhidden on November 29, 2009, 10:35:34 PM
in any case i would like to see a list of who all is participating in this years event

Thanks for reminding me to update the list page.  :mowcookie
Quote from: Shadrok on November 19, 2009, 05:47:35 PM
I've put up a list of who has joined so far on my LJ.

http://shadrok.livejournal.com/4084.html

Shadrok

I've finished the list of who had given their gift and who will be late, and it is here.
http://shadrok.livejournal.com/4427.html

I'd like to thank everyone who joined this year and hope everyone had a happy holiday.  :mowcookie

Gabi

Thanks for hosting this, Shadrok!

Thanks for your gift, Jairus! Hmm... I may have to get a bandana after all. Everyone seems to like it.

And thanks to everyone else who participated. :hug