01/11/2009 - [FFC#56] End of Chapter one.

Started by Turnsky, November 01, 2009, 06:46:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turnsky

i made this one extra long to properly end the chapter, 6 panels just didn't do it justice.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Tapewolf

It was worth the extra effort.  A good ending to the chapter.
In other news, I notice that his hair has changed colour  >:3

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Turnsky

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 01, 2009, 07:13:06 AM
It was worth the extra effort.  A good ending to the chapter.
In other news, I notice that his hair has changed colour  >:3

actually, it's always been that color, i just didn't highlight that fact before. (#0a0d14, for the record)

Tapewolf

ShadesFox

Epic comic is epic~

What is next in store for Luke's future?  Probably a food fight.
The All Purpose Fox

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: ShadesFox on November 01, 2009, 04:20:09 PM
Epic comic is epic~

What is next in store for Luke's future?  Probably a food fight.

Hairstylist.
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Kabbalist

Okay, Turnsky, this was definitely worth the extra work that you put into it. Great work on the art, and great work on getting Luke somewhere that he can get a little rest. I'd imagine he needs it. Great work on the shading and backgrounds in this one; it looks like you put in some extra effort on the coloring...but maybe that's just because we've gotten back to somewhere with good lighting, instead of being rather shadowy.

By the way, the hair makes a BIG difference in Luke's appearance. Maybe it's just the fact that it's long, black, and currently a bit wild, but I think it adds a little broodiness to his expression. Granted, he's got plenty of reasons to be broody right now.

I'm looking forward to seeing where you take things, so keep up the great work.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Kabbalist on November 01, 2009, 06:12:46 PM
By the way, the hair makes a BIG difference in Luke's appearance. Maybe it's just the fact that it's long, black, and currently a bit wild,

It's blue, actually.

Kabbalist

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 01, 2009, 06:15:16 PM
It's blue, actually.

My mistake. I thought that it was the mix of the lighting on hair that was "raven's wing" black. You know, that black with a natural bluish iridescence. If, however, Luke's hair is actually blue, that's both good and nifty all on its own.

Turnsky

Quote from: Kabbalist on November 01, 2009, 11:38:36 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on November 01, 2009, 06:15:16 PM
It's blue, actually.

My mistake. I thought that it was the mix of the lighting on hair that was "raven's wing" black. You know, that black with a natural bluish iridescence. If, however, Luke's hair is actually blue, that's both good and nifty all on its own.

that works too.

Really it's a severely dark blue, with a bluish iridescence, it looks black, but is really blue.... at least in my mind that works.  :U

Garsemor

Great page, the work was really worth it.
Now I'm wondering what kind of hairstyle he'll get.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

ChaosMageX

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 02, 2009, 05:24:14 AM
Spikes?

No, most girls agree that hard, crusty, over-gelled hair like that is a turn off.  He should use __(Insert Brand Name)__ Styling Shampoo instead!

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :P

Icon by Sunblink

TheJimTimMan

I find it somewhat ironic that Milnea knows exactly where to find the one Luke misses the most, and I get the feeling the line "You never asked" is going to crop up at some point in the future.
I don't mind extra waiting, although to be honest this arrived much faster than most of the previous strips. Excellent work, I believe there be training montages on the horizon   :)

Sprocketsdance

Of course.. big fan of the hair :3 and the wings.. oh man the wings... especially the last four panels! =D Poor Luke too.. just wanna huggle him happy  :cry

ShadesFox

I now have a vision of Chase huggling Luke, "Be happy~"

"Who are you!  Why are you hugging me!  My spleen!"
The All Purpose Fox

Sprocketsdance

ShadesFox

Yes, I think spell checker got me there.  Happens a lot :<
The All Purpose Fox

Sprocketsdance

Aww, it's ok ^_^ All that matters is that poor Luke gets some sort of hug.. sometime!  :boogie

:poke  Right??  :<

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: wuffnpuff on November 02, 2009, 08:51:44 PM
Aww, it's ok ^_^ All that matters is that poor Luke gets some sort of hug.. sometime!  :boogie

:poke  Right??  :<

~ dream a little dream... of me? ~
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Chakat Blackspots

Quite a good comic you got going here, read the entire comic in about 3 or 4 hours time.

I do have to say, as a first time reader (Tapewolf in the DMFA forums posted a link to your latest submission when the servers were down last night), that this comic is quite interesting.  Goes from the military turning people into Anthropomorphic animals for military use to suddenly being thrown into the world that is basically what DMFA and Furcadia exists in.  Thats a huge twist there.

I've been reading the DMFA comic for a good 4 years or so now.

Turnsky

Quote from: kusanagi-sama on November 02, 2009, 10:02:18 PM
Quite a good comic you got going here, read the entire comic in about 3 or 4 hours time.

I do have to say, as a first time reader (Tapewolf in the DMFA forums posted a link to your latest submission when the servers were down last night), that this comic is quite interesting.  Goes from the military turning people into Anthropomorphic animals for military use to suddenly being thrown into the world that is basically what DMFA and Furcadia exists in.  Thats a huge twist there.

I've been reading the DMFA comic for a good 4 years or so now.

there's quite a few twists left in the ol' plot yet.  >:3

ChaosMageX

So, now that this chapter is done, will we finally get to find out what the heck happened to Mary, Leigh, and the rest of the wendigoes (took me forever to look up that word in the archives)?  More importantly, will Leigh and that other wendigo also get hair eventually?

Icon by Sunblink

TheJimTimMan

Unless I'm much mistaken, Mary has already been seen, although not reffered to by name. Checking back in the archives for comparison, note the ears, eyes and hair style. It was something of a shock when I first noticed it.
But yes, I am eager to find out more about the others. I wonder how Davis is adapting to life without electricity?  >:]

ShadesFox

Haven't you ever watched Back to the Future part III?  He is probably shoeing horses and fixing wagons.
The All Purpose Fox

Sprocketsdance

Quote from: ShadesFox on November 04, 2009, 12:52:57 AM
Haven't you ever watched Back to the Future part III?  He is probably shoeing horses and fixing wagons.

XD  a time machine is what we need! Only lets use a Ford Probe this time :3

llearch n'n'daCorna

Oh, come on. A Ford Anglia, surely?

Or perhaps a deux cheveaux? ;-]

LionHeart

Better still, how about a Mini?

Look at all the things they managed to achieve in The Italian Job. Compared to those antics, time travel should be a snap.
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

llearch n'n'daCorna

ShadesFox

My only reservation about using a European car is that that yelling "142 kilometers per hour!"  Just doesn't seem to have to same ring as, "88 miles per hour!"  Far too many syllables.
The All Purpose Fox