Gosh darn you Xze!!
you broke yer promise but don't draw any pr0n ;;
nah, i think i get it
GIMMIE MAI PR0N!!

Nikki

ok kids, here we are!
please inform me of any typos and/or grammaticl errors XD

Prologue: Innocence Lost
   The young child leans over the port side rails of the ship. She watches dolpins leap out of the water and she laughs. A man walks next to her, smiling. "Enjoying yerself, Xzeliea?" the man asks. He is a tall brown fox with golden eyes, dragon wings and velociraptor hands and feet. The little girl looks up at him, smiling. "Yes, father! This is wonderful!" she says, giggling. Her muzzle is wolf-like, but her ears are that of a fox. From her back sprout small black and red dragon wings, and she has an extremely long and fluffy cat-like tail.. Her feet are like her father's, but the sickle claw is slightly larger than it is supposed to be. Her black Fur shines and the purple markings, two stripes on each side her face, a stripe down the middle of her tail, and a crescent-moon marking over her left eyes, glow slightly. Her right eye is golden with a slitted pupil, but the left is light blue with no pupil at all. Like her Father, her hair is black, but instead of blue at the tips, red trickles down from the top. Both father and daughter wear brown ragged trousers and white shirts.

As the two continue to roam about the ship, the rest of the crew go below deck to sleep for bit. The only one left is Xzeliea's Father's friend, Crux, a grey dragon with blue eyes wearing black pants, a blue shirt, and a grey longcoat. Xzeliea runs up to Crux, smiling as usual. "Can i steer for a bit, Uncle Crux?" she asks. Crux looks over to his friend. "Should i let 'er, Tobias?" he asks. Tobias, Xzeliea's father, laughs and nods. "Let 'er. She should learn" He says. Xzeliea giggles as Crux lifts her her up. She places her hands on the wheel and turns it a bit left. Crux smiles. "Xzeliea, we want to go a wee bit starboard...which way is that?" he asks. Xzeliea turns the wheel a bit right. "Starboard is right!" she says proudly. Tobias smiles as Crux sets her down. Xzeliea runs to her father. "Father! i steered the ship!" she says happily. Tobias nods and sits down beside Crux. Xzeliea sits in his lap.

"Tell me about mother again, father." she says. Tobia chuckles. "Again?" he asks, "You must be tired of hearing about her by now..." His daughter interrupts him with a hug. "Please father?" she pleads. Tobias sighs. "Well, where do i begin?" he asks. Xzeliea rolls her eyes. "Start when you met her." she says. Tobias smiles. "Well, then...i met your mother during a visit to Obsidian island. We were stranded there until we could get enough supplies. When i was out gathering fish, i met her as she was gathering seashells. She taught me the proper way to catch fish, and i fell in love with her right then and there." Xzeliea interrupts him. "Tell me what she looked like!" she says. This time, Crux chimes in. "You mother, Jenova, was extremely beautiful. A cat, but at the same time, a wolf. She had long red hair and blue yes and purple fur that seemed to shine all the time. She never stopped laughing." he says. Tobias raises an eyebrow. "Crux, I'M telling the story." he growls. Crux laughs. "Sorry, sir."

Tobias clears his throat. "Now...where was i...Ah, yes. Well, after we had met, we were ready to set sail, But your mother insisted on coming with us." He is once again interrupted by his daughter.

"And then you told her you were a pirate!" she says excitedly.

"Yes, Xzeliea, i told her that i was a pirate, and that i could offer her naught but a miserable life on a pirate ship. However, after that, she made up her mind to go with us. After a while, you were born..." he says, hugging his daughter tightly. Xzeliea hugs him back as he continues. "But, after a while, we made land at a port. There, your mother was killed by soldiers under the command of a young commodore named Robert Sanders." He stops, tears in his eyes. Xzeliea notices this, and gently wipes away the tears. Tobias smiles at her.

"CAPTAIN!" the lookout Kyhot, yells. "APPROACHING SHIP! IT'S THE NAVY, SIR!"

Tobias jumps up and runs below deck to wake the crew. Xzeliea looks around frantically as Tobias returns. He grabs Crux by the shoulder. "Crux, take Xzeliea below deck and stay there until you hear everything die down." Crux nods as Tobias knells down to Xzeliea and hugs her. "Xze, promise you'll obey Uncle Crux?" he asks. Xzeliea nods. "I will Father."

Crux picks her up and runs below deck. He enters a large wooden box with holes in it. Xzeliea clings to him and starts to drift off to sleep, humming. Crux looks up and closes his eyes. "Tobias, old friend, Please stay alive..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
   Xzeliea wakes up suddenly. She looks around as she yawns, but then stops dead still; Crux is nowhere to be seen. "Uncle Crux?" she says quietly. when there is no answer, she crawls out of the box, not noticing the blood on the floor. she walks up the steps to the deck.

A Horrific Scene greets her young eyes.

All around the deck are bodies. All of her father's crew, and some that look like they belonged to the Navy. Xzeliea, her eyes wide in horror, weaves through the massacre. "Uncle Crux?! Kyhot!?...Father!?" she cries. A slight groan to her left attracts her attention. Xzeliea turns and sees something that no child ever should.

Tobias is lying on the deck, his left eye completely gone, along the the rest of that side of his face. His right arm is completely torn to shreds, His left hand is missing a claw, His chest and abdomen are cut open, his innards spilling out, one of his wings is missing, and his left leg is cut open to the bone.

Xzeliea runs to him and tries her best to lift him up. "Father! Father, get up!"She cries frantically. Tobias yelps loudly and Xzeliea Jumps away. "Father?" she questions. Tobias turns his remaining eye to look at her. "Xz...Xzel..." he manages to say. xzeliea walks over to him and takes his hand. "i'm here father..." she says, her voice cracking. "Xzel...i lo...i love you..." Tobias says, blood starting to come out of his mouth. "Father, don't talk! i..i have to...go get someone to fix you!" Xzeliea cries, tears streaming down her face. Tobias manages a slight chuckle before wincing in extreme pain. "there's...no...no chance, Xzel..." He says. "Just...promise...promise me...promise me that you will...never give up...and follow...follow your dreams..." Xzeliea clenches his hand. "Of course i will, Father! Because...Because you'll be with me!" she cries loudly. Tobias smiles the best he can. His whole body shudders...then goes stiff for a few seconds, and then falls limp.

"Father...Father...FATHER!!" Xzeliea screams, shaking him. She then stands up slowly, The coldness of death landing upon her shoulders.

looking up at the stars with tears streaming down her face, she hears a rustle behind her. She whips around to see a Soldier, a Brown Gryphon, standing up.

For the first time in her life, Xzeliea's blood boils. Before the Gryphon can make another sound, little Xzeliea is at this throat, her sickle claws tearing at his abdomen, spilling his guts. With a bit of effort, she manages to bite into his jugular vein. The gryphon is dead before he falls.

Xzeliea leaps away from the body, Her once-clean fur and claws dripping with fresh-spilled blood. It is only one incident, but it is enough to take away the rest of her childhood innocence, and decide her fate.

If you think it's positively Awful, go ahead and tell me...this is the VERY FIRST story i have ever written >w<

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Malakin

yes we will >:3

naa, i dont mind how ya post it as long as i can read it :P
Try the scanner thing if that dont work, then you better start typing :smack :3

"The only limit to my freedom is the inevitable closure of the
universe, as inevitable as your own last breath. And yet,
there remains time to create, to create, and escape.

Escape will make me God.
"

Nikki

Yeah, i'm already typing it up, but i'm a REALLY slow typer and the fact that i can't read my own handwriting doesn't help...

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Sid

Quote from: Xze-Xze on July 22, 2006, 01:17:07 PMmy Handwriting isn't..THAT bad...
Quote from: Xze-Xze on July 22, 2006, 01:57:54 PMi can't read my own handwriting
I sense a disturbance in the Force... D:
But hey, whatever works for you. I'd guess that most people would find a typed story more convenient since they wouldn't have to load a bunch of graphics for it. Scans wouldn't kill us, but... yeah... convenience. :)
:boogie

Nikki

i think i'll upload the first page until i can fully type it, which won't take long...

Malakin

Escape will make me God.
"

Nikki

gah..i gotta work on resizing stuff...

Malakin

great stuff! a tad hard reading your writing, but np..

So where does he start then :P

Escape will make me God.
"

Nikki

Quote from: Malakin on July 22, 2006, 04:23:08 PM
great stuff! a tad hard reading your writing, but np..

So where does he start then :P
tee-hee

Nikki

does anybody have a title suggestion?

roninfoxtail

Woudn't we have to know the main plotline of the story first before making a title?
Unless I'm not reading clear enough?

Malakin

Aye, ronin is right.. give us more of the story before we decide a name.. it needs a name that fits the story rather than being tacked on for no real reason..

Escape will make me God.
"

Nikki

Quote from: Ronin Foxtail on July 22, 2006, 08:20:53 PM
Woudn't we have to know the main plotline of the story first before making a title?
Unless I'm not reading clear enough?
i don't usually make titles that coincide with the plotline. i mean, come on, there's a book called Dragon wind, but there is NOTHING about dragons in it...*snarls*

roninfoxtail

Fine then, the misadventures of Pirate Xzelia and the Srien's Cry Crew? [Unless the ship's name has changed.]

Malakin

You could allways just call the story "The Sirens-Cry"

Escape will make me God.
"

Nikki

Nikki

Suwako

It's good quality Xze. Little repeating in general.  :mowsmile

Nikki

i wasn't sure if, since this is set kinda back in time, if Xze could call her Dad 'Dad' or 'Daddy' so i played it safe and chose 'Father' instead  :3

Miaka

Nikki

Suwako

Nikki

Suwako

Nikki

Quote from: Aiyno Wolf on July 23, 2006, 01:55:02 PM
Quote from: Xze-Xze on July 23, 2006, 01:53:12 PM
Quote from: Aiyno Wolf on July 23, 2006, 01:51:57 PM
quite bloody  :mowdizzy
is that a good thing?

depends if your german, germans want the blood to be green.  :mowsmile
uh..i'm german-russian-mexican-japanese-nativeamerican-french and irish

Suwako

Quote from: Xze-Xze on July 23, 2006, 01:56:25 PM
is that a good thing?

Quite a combination. :mowdizzy I think the blood needs to be bloody red. Zombies get the green stuff  :mowwink

Nikki

Quote from: Aiyno Wolf on July 23, 2006, 01:57:46 PM
Quote from: Xze-Xze on July 23, 2006, 01:56:25 PM
is that a good thing?

Quite a combination. :mowdizzy I think the blood needs to be bloody red. Zombies get the green stuff  :mowwink
>w< don't Zombies have purple bloood?

Malakin

they should have dark red/black blood.. considering it all should have clotted..

Anyway.. Your story shows potential, but your writing style could use some work, some things like saying "says" a bit too much, try using other words like shouts, moans, mumbles, screeches, and so on, or even leave that bit out.. But that will come with practice i guess...
And if its your very first story then this is very good work!

Escape will make me God.
"

Nikki

yeah, i notice that myself, but when i'm writing it i can never seem to come up with an alternative word XD