Game: Invisible Friend (Sign up for Round 53)

Started by Gabi, December 14, 2008, 06:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VSMIT

Quote from: e_voyager on May 05, 2009, 03:03:52 AM
Dear invisible friend

the game is nearing it's end so i have a few last question

what was the last movie that you wanted to see in theaters?
did you go see it?
why did i get a picture of and IOU?
would you like to visit earth 26?
what is the Big O?
do you know the muffin man?
have you completely fooled me about your nature this round?
is your persona / fursona , canine / vulpine?
why is a voyager always doomed to find themselves alone?

Quote from: e_voyager's Invisible FriendThe last one I wanted to see, and not the last one I saw? That's a good question. I'm not sure.
N/A
Because it was the only think I could draw on such a short notice. Sorry.
26 according to whom? Different universes -and even different worlds within the same universe- use different numberings.
It's an anime.
I think everyone knows him by now, if only by name.
I don't know. I wasn't trying to, but how should I know what you think about my nature?
Why are you so quick to assume that I have a persona/fursona? We all have avatars, but it's not the same.
"Always" and "doomed" are strong words. They're not to be used so lightly.

Quote from: Jer-oh-me on May 02, 2009, 05:13:13 AM
Dear Invisible Friend,

Ooh, what do you like on your pizza?

Do prefer analog or digital watches?

How many pieces of pizza do you usually have when you have it?

How about Bas's last question: Sky Diving, Bungee Jumping, and Surfing?
Quote from: Jer-oh-me's Invisible FriendDear Visible Friend,

Pepperoni.
Digital. On my left wrist.
As many as I want.
Neither. They're all dangerous.
And finally, I have a question for you: what do you see?
Quote from: Jer-oh-me's Invisible Friend

Round ends tomorrow!  I'm still missing two images (namely Basilisk and Gabi's Invisible Friends), so send those off to me!  And yes, I did check my junk folder.

Jairus

Dear Invisible Friend,

Orca is a Jaws ripoff, involving a killer whale.

Who are you?
How old are you?
Have you ever read Watchmen? If so, who's your favorite character?
What do you think of Jer-oh-me's avatar?
And now how is the weather?
Do I know who you are?
Do you like your avatar?
Hrrrrm?
I am me and you are you, so tell me now what can you do, tell me now what can you see, can you perceive reality?
Is Gabi equal-opportunity friendly?
Who put the "laughter" in "manslaughter?"
Do I know who you are?
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

VSMIT

Quote from: Jairus on May 07, 2009, 04:50:33 PM
Dear Invisible Friend,

Orca is a Jaws ripoff, involving a killer whale.

Who are you?
How old are you?
Have you ever read Watchmen? If so, who's your favorite character?
What do you think of Jer-oh-me's avatar?
And now how is the weather?
Do I know who you are?
Do you like your avatar?
Hrrrrm?
I am me and you are you, so tell me now what can you do, tell me now what can you see, can you perceive reality?
Is Gabi equal-opportunity friendly?
Who put the "laughter" in "manslaughter?"
Do I know who you are?
Quote from: Jairus's Invisible FriendDear Visible Friend.

Really? I'd never heard of it before.

I'm sorry Dave, i can't tell you that.
Older then i would like to be.
Yes i have all 12 books. Guess then I'll tell you.
He is the Squirrel!
It rained again today.
Do you think you do?
I really should.
Huh?!
But what of things i can't conceive?
Yes i believe she is.
The Joker?
Regardless of how many times you ask me that is something only you know

Quote from: Gabi on May 05, 2009, 10:40:39 AM
Dear blurry friend, are you planning to send me your image?

I guess I might as well ask something else. Hmm... How often do you say 'good morning'?
And what was the last thing you celebrated? Did you enjoy it?
Quote from: Gabi's Invisible FriendHello visible friend,

Sorry for taking a while to respond, life has been a bit crazy... I apologize for not finishing the picture i had originally intended for you. I'll PM it to you once i finish the drawing... It would seem my creative muse has gone into hiding, and doesn't want to come out and play.  Instead i leave you with a picture of my family crest, which was recently recovered from my grandfather's house while doing a little spring cleaning.  Also very cool, but not nearly as personal as i would have like :/.

On to the questions:

I say good morning as a greeting when i myself am in a good mood, and feel like greeting people in a friendly manner (and before noon)

I celebrated a friend's birthday yesterday, and i enjoyed seeing her immensely.  Especially since I haven't seen her in close to a year.
Quote from: Gabi's Invisible Friend

And with this, the round ends.  Time to post your guesses!

Gabi

~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Jairus

It's either Jero or Basil, but I'm gonna go with Basilisk.

Lisky

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

e_voyager

wait how many people are playing this round again? it's true i have entire unanswered question set (questions form may 4)  but i think i know who it was i had it narrowed down to either jer-oh- me or Basilisk then i was made to reconsider by another player.  Jer's invisible friend i believe but i could be wrong. as i told the other play i'll take a shoot in the dark and guess my friend is Jer. i would if i should reanalyze the data instead of just guessing in the dark with out actually thinking about the last answer i received.

say can i host next round?
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Jer-oh-me

Great, no one has picked either of my options, but I'm guessing Jay, cause I'm cynical enough to think VSMIT would try to double think me into guessing wrong, but then if he did that successfully my IF was Gabi, and I'm still having problems picking! But I'm pretty sure it was Jay.

VSMIT

And I've just now received an image from Basilisk's Invisible Friend.
Quote from: Basilisk's Invisible FriendApologies that this is late, got distracted.

It's late, but I'll let it slide.  As such, I will allow Basilisk to rethink his decision, if he so chooses.

Lisky

well, with the picture, i'm thinking Jer-oh-me.... and re-reading the answers... i think the reason i fixated on E was because of the remark where my IF used 'colour' rather than 'color'

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

VSMIT

Basilisk chose Jer-oh-me.  He was right!

Jer-oh-me chose Jairus.  He was right!

e_voyager also chose Jer-oh-me.  He chose incorrectly.  His Invisible Friend was Gabi.

Jairus chose Basilisk.  He was incorrect.  His Invisible Friend was e_voyager.

Gabi also chose Basilisk.  She was correct!

So we've got three winners, Basilisk, Jer-oh-me, and Gabi.  If you want to host the next round, e, that's fine with me.

I'll play, though.

Jer-oh-me

Hmm, I'm getting better at this, even though I still have uncertainty, I'm up for another round.

VSMIT

Just make sure you get your pic in on time ;).

e_voyager

well Gabi you did fool me and you did so well. congratulations as i would have been wrong even had i fully analyzed then rest of the questions. even so it ws fun. what was the biggest mislead ? i'll let you guess that.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Gabi

And here I was thinking my tendency to make puns out of typos and spelling/grammar mistakes would make my identity obvious. Sure, VSMIT does that too, but our personalities are nearly opposite in every other respect. Who did you think it would be if you analyzed the data, and why?

By the way, it's hard to come up with a different answer for the 'muffin man' question each time. You might want to consider dropping that question.

e_voyager

aww well maybe. besides the muffin man question has a been a barometer. it means either i think i know you you are or you've completely lost me. you know when you asked me what i used to eliminate people form my potential invisible friend list i thought right then that it could be you but i refused to take such a hint. as for how i would analyze who's who... i have list of answers dating back several games including in many cases the drawings to looks for style and clues. did you notice that every 3 or 4 images i switch form Computer drawn to hand drawn and back again. on top of that only on image so fer has been pained while two were charcoal drawn. oddly enough the only reason i didn't think you were Jer's invisible friend is that the rorschach mask would have been a movie hint.

Gabi

Oh, I switch too. Many of us do.

I try not to answer the same question in the same way twice, as that would be an obvious giveaway.

VSMIT

*Note to self: Act like Gabi in the next round.

Gabi

*Laughs.* I wonder how that would turn out.

e_voyager

VSMIT

Well, if you're playing, you'll easily know who your invisible friend is.

Darkdragon

shadowterm

/)//w//(\

Gabi

Quote from: VSMIT on May 12, 2009, 08:15:50 PM
Well, if you're playing, you'll easily know who your invisible friend is.
Assuming it's you again.

Jairus

VSMIT

Darkdragon

Quote from: VSMIT on May 14, 2009, 02:01:24 AM
Quote from: Gabi on May 13, 2009, 03:34:49 PMAssuming it's you again.
Well, going off of previous trends...
Well, previous trends also state that I'll probably be your IF. Of the four games the both of us played, three times I was your IF; you probably don't notice because I show up infrequent enough. Statistics would say that because each event is independent of each other the chances of me getting you is the same as the chance of me getting someone else.

VSMIT

We have a list of winners, but is there a list somewhere of the various pairings?

Darkdragon

Not that I'm aware of. The pairings are posted at the end of each round and everyone has a PM of who their visible friend is, so if someone was so inclined they could compile such a list. I would be interested in the data.