Game: Invisible Friend (Sign up for Round 53)

Started by Gabi, December 14, 2008, 06:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jairus

Okay, all the guesses are in, so let's see who's won!

Jer-oh-me guessed VSMIT. He guessed right!
Basilisk2150 guessed Jer-oh-me. He guessed right!
e_voyager guessed techmaster-glitch. He guessed wrong, his IF was Gabi.
e_voyager accidentally typed techmaster-glitch, and meant to guess Gabi. He guessed right!
VSMIT guessed Basilisk2150. He guessed right!
Gabi guessed e_voyager. She guessed right!

So, the winners this round were Jer-oh-me, Basilisk2150, VSMIT, and Gabi! Why'd you guess glitch, e? He wasn't even playing this round? If you meant Gabi and just made a typo (similar things have happened to me before), then everyone one this round. As it is, good job everyone.

So, sign-ups for Round 39 are now open, and I think I'm up to playing this next round. Count me in, Host.

EDIT: It seems that e did make a typo, so properly everyone won! Yay! Good job everyone!
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

llearch n'n'daCorna

I'm happy to host, if you want.

Else, I'll play.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

e_voyager

well i did think that Gabi was my IF but i'm not sure  how i wound up typing someone that wasn't even there
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Jairus

Quote from: e_voyager on March 10, 2009, 01:40:49 PM
well i did think that Gabi was my IF but i'm not sure  how i wound up typing someone that wasn't even there
Eh, I'll count it. e_voyager guessed correctly, meaning that everyone won this round! Yay! *goes to make a few edits*
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Jer-oh-me

I'm in for round 39, it was my picture wasn't it Bas?

Lisky

it was the comments about the zombie apocalypse that actually tipped me off the most... well, that combine with the drawing

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

VSMIT

e_voyager

I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Gabi

I guess I'll be playing 2, since there are already 2 people who want to host. Jer and llearch, you two can arrange some kind of competition to determine who gets to host. :mowwink Or you can come to an agreement, whatever suits you best.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Lisky

i'll try again... and this time i've got a few drawings done, so yea... not gonna be as easy...

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Gabi

Not as easy? What do you mean?

Anyway, the Hall of Fame has been updated.

Lisky

i'm guessing my pictures have been giving me away more than anything else...

Gabi

At least you're not saving them as JPG like someone else... :rolleyes

Jer-oh-me

Quote from: VSMIT on March 10, 2009, 08:44:46 PM
What pointed you toward me, Jer?

Good grammar in combination with Internet lingo, I wasn't sure if it was you or Gabi until I noted you'd said Moar to me, good to know I'd have to load the pizza you'd get at my shop with all our different kinds of meat, and I forgot a couple, we also have bacon.

VSMIT

What, you don't think Gabi would say "Moar" to disguise herself further?  She's been known to do that kind of thing.

Also, Gabi, what?

llearch n'n'daCorna

I make it Jairus, Jer-oh-me, e_voyager, Gabi, and Basilisk2150 playing this round.

Anyone else want to jump in? I'll start it up tomorrow sometime...

Gabi

Quote from: VSMIT on March 12, 2009, 02:38:31 AM
What, you don't think Gabi would say "Moar" to disguise herself further?  She's been known to do that kind of thing.

Also, Gabi, what?
Now I'm known for being tricky? :mowgrin

I was referring to the fact that Jer-oh-me keeps saving his drawings as JPG, thus introducing a characteristic noise that makes them easily recognizable.

e_voyager

and what about me dear apf? what is my uncharismatic weakness?

Noone

I'd like to sign up for this round. I need an unhealthy injection of insanity anyways :)

VSMIT

I'll be in again.

But I save my images as jpg, so why don't they give the noise?

Gabi

Maybe your image editor uses a better compression algorithm, or maybe the images had enough noise of their own for the extra noise not to make a visible difference. That is often the case with scans and photos. But if you draw something directly on your computer and then save it as JPG, you're likely to end up with the kind of noise Jer-oh-me has been getting.

Of course, llearch may have a completely different theory. If that is the case, he's welcome to voice his thoughts (nothing new there).

As for you, e, I think it's just the fact that you and I have been playing together for so long that I've learnt to recognize your writing style. Didn't you recognize mine as well?

llearch n'n'daCorna

I'd be inclined to suggest multiple levels of 75% quality...

Jer-oh-me

On the subject of the images I've been submitting, the most recent one was drawn using GIMP rather than MS Paint as I've gotten my hands on a semi-reliable computer on which I'm running Ubuntu. I don't think I got the same amount of noise in this one as I have in previous ones, I mostly figure it's the composition of my pieces that gives me away, rather than compression glitches.

e_voyager

Quote from: Gabi on March 12, 2009, 03:33:56 PM

As for you, e, I think it's just the fact that you and I have been playing together for so long that I've learnt to recognize your writing style. Didn't you recognize mine as well?

for me it's more like feeling, a presence behind the words as it were. i'm not sure if that makes any since. if not i apologize as it has been about thirty hours since i've slept and i have about five more to go before i can hope to sleep today.

Lisky

um... when is this round supposed to start?

llearch n'n'daCorna

... Yesterday. I got busy.

I'll hope to get it sorted in the next couple of hours.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Hear ye, Hear ye! Round 39 of Invisible Friend is now On!

The unfortunate souls who have laid their lives on the line, in no particular order other than alphabetical, are: Basilisk2150, e_voyager, Gabi, Jairus, Jer-oh-me, The1Kobra, and VSMIT.

You will, in the next few minutes, be receiving a PM that tells you who your visible friend is. Do not fold, bend, spindle or mutilate these messages! They will be important!

The game will commence upon receipt of these PMs, and will go on until boredom sets in, or Sunday the 29th of March, GMT, at probably about 10pm, whichever comes first.

Any messages to your Visible Friend should be sent to me at the address listed in the PMs, or via PM on the forum here.

And, as always, should you or your IF be caught, identified, or killed, the moderators will disavow any knowledge of your existence.

Play on, Macduff!

e_voyager

dear invisible friend

how are you feeling this round?
are you the invisible man?
are you a canine of some sort?
the box has power is this a sign of armageddon?
who is iron man?
no really i don't know the actor that played him in the latest move
do you think you'll have fun this round?
did you enjoy last round?
my i have this dance?

Lisky

Dear invisible friend

I'm going to try some somewhat entertaining questions to start off the round

In the event of the zombie appocalypse, on the scale of member of the undead legion to ruler of the new world order, where would you rank yourself, and why?

If you were to be placed into a movie, which movie world would you wish to live in, and why?

If you could be any animal (not human) what would you want to be, and why?

Lastly, in a few years, would you be terrified to find out that i was the doctor treating you following some minor to mid-level injury that forced you to go to the hospital?

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 14, 2009, 10:09:40 PM
And, as always, should you or your IF be caught, identified, or killed, the moderators will disavow any knowledge of your existence.
:giggle