10/2/09 [PF #81] Druggies aren't Aliens, you idiot!

Started by ChaosMageX, October 02, 2009, 11:28:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChaosMageX

Matsuda Ashford, you idiot!

Seriously, this is the second time he has shown how stupidly paranoid he is.

It's only a matter of time before he ends up doing something that gets the entire Starfire Intelligence Agency disbanded for its actions.

Wouldn't the Mayor of Khiann also be getting bad PR for his son being a druggie?  Maybe the tabloids might print that he himself is a druggie? :P

Icon by Sunblink

Madmann135

All they really can do is look.
Keaton does act like she has a heart and knows how to put her boss in his place (I forget his name).

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Tapewolf

Quote from: ChaosMageX on October 02, 2009, 11:28:40 PM
Wouldn't the Mayor of Khiann also be getting bad PR for his son being a druggie?  Maybe the tabloids might print that he himself is a druggie? :P

That's pretty much what happened.  How Ashford managed to get out of it, even I'm not entirely sure, but I suspect Keaton had a lot to do with it.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Corgatha Taldorthar

I find it bizarre that Ashford apparently believes a confession of someone he spiked with acid. (Or was he stoned before he was interrogated? I read it as Ashford drugging him to get the confession he wanted, but I could be reading this wrong)

One other dumb question. What's the blackboard thing Ashford is facing in the sixth panel?
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on October 03, 2009, 09:10:36 AM
(Or was he stoned before he was interrogated?
Yes.  Chances are that's why Ashford thought he was acting like an alien...

QuoteOne other dumb question. What's the blackboard thing Ashford is facing in the sixth panel?
That's the display screen at the back of the room, see also pages 77 and 78 where it's active.

Corgatha Taldorthar

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 03, 2009, 09:14:15 AM
QuoteOne other dumb question. What's the blackboard thing Ashford is facing in the sixth panel?
That's the display screen at the back of the room, see also pages 77 and 78 where it's active.

Uhm? Where's his desk then?
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Noone

I have the feeling that Keaton is up to something from that last panel. I read before that he would have had no problem with eating Josh's soul, but she's coming to his defense when trying to prevent his murder.

Though, all things considered, this does make me wonder how Ashford ever got into his position. From what Keaton said, it sounds as though things like this happen all the time while he's in charge.

Tapewolf

Corgatha Taldorthar

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 03, 2009, 10:04:43 AM
Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on October 03, 2009, 09:18:05 AM
Uhm? Where's his desk then?
The cameraman is crouching on it.

But *snrk* the angle of the heheheh shot on Ash-

*falls over laughing*

Quote from: The1Kobra on October 03, 2009, 09:19:28 AM
Though, all things considered, this does make me wonder how Ashford ever got into his position. From what Keaton said, it sounds as though things like this happen all the time while he's in charge.

Maybe his *real* job is to have absurd, paranoid antics like this to distract attention from the actual intelligence gathering! Yes Ashford, I will match your paranoia stride for stride.

techmaster-glitch

Tapewolf

Well, that's really raised the tone of the conversation...

Anyway.  There's been a bit of a snafu with the long-awaited guest art so we're going to have to ditch this week and update the next.
We will have filler (Gabi's AC question finally answered) and fingers crossed, the start of the new backstory, but no promises.

And the story will resume next week, even if I have to colour the WIP sketches  :mwaha

Tapewolf

Gabi

Actually, I asked it a few days before AC, in the topic which discussed Jakob's underpants (and no, I did not start that discussion). Since my post got no reply, I asked you about it at AC. Just a technical detail.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly