2009-09-19 [PF #79] "Dream surfing for the win"

Started by Pagan, September 19, 2009, 12:30:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pagan

Since Tape so subtly asked for a new topic, here we go.

I wonder, does Ashford actually know what the total conversion beam does?
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Gabi

Well, he strongly hinted it. ;) Here you are, new thread.

I would have made one earlier if I had known what to say; it looks like a transition comic, opening the road for the next event.

Why are we using this date format anyway?

Edit: oh! Topic merge! I didn't think my post was worth keeping, but thanks anyway.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

bradypodidae

Guest artist, usual art quality. Nice work Gabi.

So now the puppy is being chased?
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Tapewolf

Quote from: Gabi on September 19, 2009, 12:31:10 PM
Well, he strongly hinted it. ;) Here you are, new thread.
Woo, two threads for the price of one!

QuoteI would have made one earlier if I had known what to say; it looks like a transition comic, opening the road for the next event.
I'll be honest, this chapter/episode thing had 5 pages originally.  The first page was very dense and full, having no less than 7 panels containing a wall of text, so I split it in half to make six pages (so it won't look weird when printed out).
This page is panels 1-4.

QuoteWhy are we using this date format anyway?
No idea.  I'd prefer ISO/Japanese format, but I guess people just use what they're used to.

Quote from: Pagan on September 19, 2009, 12:30:15 PM
I wonder, does Ashford actually know what the total conversion beam does?
He has a pretty solid guess, hence his "OMG, it's the end of the world" look.

Quote from: proeliator bradypodidae on September 19, 2009, 12:37:45 PM
Guest artist, usual art quality. Nice work Gabi.
The guest flashback intros on page 4 of this chapter, so we're looking at page 83 unless there is some kind of holdup.

QuoteSo now the puppy is being chased?

Puppy, nothing.  Those dogs will eat you for breakfast if you let them.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Oh, let us by all means do what pleases Tapewolf. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Pagan

Quote from: Gabi on September 19, 2009, 12:31:10 PM
Why are we using this date format anyway?

I suppose that means the month/day/year format? I'm American, it's what we use. Should I have used one of the other formats?
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Pagan on September 19, 2009, 12:52:29 PM
I suppose that means the month/day/year format? I'm American, it's what we use. Should I have used one of the other formats?

Not really.  I'm not sure what Gabi uses.  Personally I prefer YYYY/MM/DD because it's difficult to get confused about and sorts easily.

Anyway, since I liked their expressions and they didn't quite come out in the comic:
http://www.project-future.org/stuff/things/pf79_6a.png

Madmann135

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 19, 2009, 01:06:15 PM
Quote from: Pagan on September 19, 2009, 12:52:29 PM

Not really.  I'm not sure what Gabi uses.  Personally I prefer YYYY/MM/DD because it's difficult to get confused about and sorts easily.

Anyway, since I liked their expressions and they didn't quite come out in the comic:
http://www.project-future.org/stuff/things/pf79_6a.png

Looks like the synthetic wants to introduce his boot to her face.

So he knows the TCB is a catalyst to producing false souls?

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Pagan

Ah, I'll use that format from now on. I like Keaton's expression there.

Madmann135

Tape I just thought of something.  The Synthetic bodies, do they weigh the same or similar to bodies of non synthetics or are they heavier?

This is a legitimate question because the average individual is made from light yet strong materials and some Sci-Fi synthetics use metals and such which causes the synthetic bodies to be heavier than their organic counterparts.  

Oh and Keaton looks like she's going to say something that will send her boss into a mental tailspin.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Madmann135 on September 19, 2009, 03:21:47 PM
Tape I just thought of something.  The Synthetic bodies, do they weigh the same or similar to bodies of non synthetics or are they heavier?

Depends on the amount of shielding.  A lot of work went into ensuring the bodies were an acceptable weight.  For the likes of Joshua or Dorcan, they weigh a bit more than they did previously but not significantly so, just a few extra kilos.
The idea is to enable them to resume their former lives, which isn't going to work out too well if they suddenly weigh a quarter of a ton.

There are other, more heavily-armoured models which are discussed later, they weigh more than a normal human or Being would do.  The panthers are heavy, but then so is a real one.

Gabi

Ah, I thought the forum had a standard date format for the topics. I use day/month/year, but I don't mind using year/month/day. I do find month/day/year confusing, though. And I'm American too, only from Argentina, not the US.

Interesting information, thanks, JP. :)

Quote from: proeliator bradypodidae on September 19, 2009, 12:37:45 PM
Nice work Gabi.
Eh? Thanks, but what did I do?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Gabi on September 19, 2009, 04:31:32 PM
Ah, I thought the forum had a standard date format for the topics. I use day/month/year, but I don't mind using year/month/day. I do find month/day/year confusing, though. And I'm American too, only from Argentina, not the US.

No, the forum doesn't have a standard. It just has an overwhelming majority of United State-ians, who can't follow any reasonable date format. ;-]

*ducks*

bradypodidae

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Tapewolf

Quote from: proeliator bradypodidae on September 19, 2009, 06:46:54 PM
wait... what? HEY!

What in particular are you referring to?  Llearch's comment or the thing about the Dobermans in Deus Ex?

Pagan

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 19, 2009, 05:17:37 PM

No, the forum doesn't have a standard. It just has an overwhelming majority of United State-ians, who can't follow any reasonable date format. ;-]

*ducks*

I'll certainly admit, the MM/DD/YY format makes very little sense. But that's what my job and my tax collectors want me to use, so I'll use it.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Pagan on September 19, 2009, 06:58:15 PM
I'll certainly admit, the MM/DD/YY format makes very little sense. But that's what my job and my tax collectors want me to use, so I'll use it.

The weirdest date format I know of was one that DRDOS supports with the year in the middle.  I do not know of any organisations that use it.  DRI did at one time stand for 'Digital Research Intergalactic', however.

Pagan

Anyway...

Though this may have been asked in an earlier thread, I'm wondering. How many days has Joshy been away from the base? Was there some agreement that Yak would help if a certain amount of time passed without contact?

... And in doing some research, I just noticed that the Walk in the Woods boy has a cast page. Why is it that Simeon looks many times gayer than Daryil?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Pagan on September 19, 2009, 07:18:41 PM
Though this may have been asked in an earlier thread, I'm wondering. How many days has Joshy been away from the base? Was there some agreement that Yak would help if a certain amount of time passed without contact?
I don't know what the flight time was, but Josh has been at Starfire for about 12 hours now, I think.  Not yet time enough for Jakob to worry.

Quote... And in doing some research, I just noticed that the Walk in the Woods boy has a cast page. Why is it that Simeon looks many times gayer than Daryil?
Ask Ren, he drew it  >:3
(And I'm sure Ren will say "Ask Tape, he requested it")

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Pagan on September 19, 2009, 07:18:41 PM
... And in doing some research, I just noticed that the Walk in the Woods boy has a cast page. Why is it that Simeon looks many times gayer than Daryil?

To someone who knows Simeon's future in the stories Tapewolf has written, this comment is profoundly hilarious and appropriate. xD

Pagan

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 19, 2009, 07:38:02 PM
Ask Ren, he drew it  >:3
(And I'm sure Ren will say "Ask Tape, he requested it")

I'll be sure to do that when he returns.

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on September 19, 2009, 07:46:06 PM
To someone who knows Simeon's future in the stories Tapewolf has written, this comment is profoundly hilarious and appropriate. xD

I am suddenly quite afraid.

Tapewolf

And that's all we'll say for now, I think...

bradypodidae

Tapewolf has been giving out a lot of hints today...   :)

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Tapewolf

Quote from: proeliator bradypodidae on September 19, 2009, 08:55:53 PM
Tapewolf has been giving out a lot of hints today...   :)

Some of them will be covered very soon anyway - some of them I'm hoping will have been forgotten by the time they become relevant  >:3

Pagan

The people who would forget details given by a creator on a forum tend not to read forums. The reverse of this is not necessarily true though. So maybe, Tape. Maybe.

bradypodidae

Avi by Tabi

USMC

llearch n'n'daCorna

Fish. The fish of the day is Trout a la crème; enjoy your meal.

Dannysaysnoo

Madmann135

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 19, 2009, 08:15:31 PM

And that's all we'll say for now, I think...

I am going to take a wild guess as I have not read the stories (and have yet to find them) by saying in my opinion it is a strong hint that Lord Ikaarion Daryil and Simeon Kaye will be if not are lovers?
I mean I can see it with Simeon's cloths and colorful wings and Daryil's... Daryil-ness.

Gabi

You can guess all you want, but I don't think anyone's going to give you an answer, whether your guess is right, close or far off. The answers can be found in Future History if you really want to know, but not on this section of the forum.