There goes Turnsky's Calm.

Started by Turnsky, September 08, 2009, 11:56:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turnsky

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Sefam

jeeeesus! How do you end up with such bills?

Damn.

Turnsky

Quote from: Sefam on September 09, 2009, 07:41:44 AM
jeeeesus! How do you end up with such bills?

Damn.

usually a case of "precarious budgeting" meets "real world" and "paying bills and leaving other bills behind"..

to be frank, this is generally my fault, and it's gonna take me pulling out a half ton's worth of stops in order to resolve it.

i'd LOVE to clean-slate these things by month's end, but at this rate, i'll take "signifigant dent", really.

Truth be told, the council rates -could- be more, i dunno the full extent of that, and my mother wants to have the boys desexed, so that has to be postponed. as i said elsewhere, i can pull the 600 off, i maaay have an indeterminate small amount coming my way thanks to tax refund (not a lot, granted), and any commissions/donations/other things come my way will go towards this.

really the other main issue is how this affects my health, stress isn't an ideal thing for me at the moment, and sadly stress may have been the trigger for my colitis, too.

Kabbalist

Well, stress can be a trigger for colitis, definitely. It's not that good for the rest of your system either, for that matter. I wish you the best of luck on getting the money that you need to get by, even if it's not quite enough to get back to tabula rasa.

To that end...I do still have 1/2 of a commission price ready and waiting for you, should you want to collect.

Amendment, after brief consideration: Wait...how's your hand doing? I'd hate to be part of that getting stirred up again.

Kabbalist

llearch n'n'daCorna

I think you did, too. Why did you revive it?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Turnsky

still alive, here... one niggling bill, but by large, everything's covered... (niggling because of TIMING, more than anything else)

AndersW

Turnsky

Quote from: AndersW on October 15, 2009, 12:24:06 PM
So, what do you have left?

a few marbles and some pocket lint..

My dignity and will to live are currently MIA.

Mao

Hey.  Hey Turnsky.  Your site's not updating.  Did you know?  We haven't had an update in a while.  Someone should really tell Turnsky that his site hasn't updated in a while.  HEY TURNSKY!  Your site isn't updating!  I don't know what you changed since the last update, but it stopped working.

Turnsky

Quote from: Mao Laoren on October 15, 2009, 12:35:51 PM
Hey.  Hey Turnsky.  Your site's not updating.  Did you know?  We haven't had an update in a while.  Someone should really tell Turnsky that his site hasn't updated in a while.  HEY TURNSKY!  Your site isn't updating!  I don't know what you changed since the last update, but it stopped working.

making the arts for the people who are still alive~

that said, what i have left is just an 100 dollar bill, that's due before i get paid to properly apply the budgeting to it... ahwell, i'll give them a call tomorrow and arrange an extension... they're a tad ornery this lot... and the machines don't help one little aorta, either.

ShadesFox

Are you still doing science?  Is that last 100 dollars for science?
The All Purpose Fox

Turnsky

Quote from: ShadesFox on October 15, 2009, 07:04:13 PM
Are you still doing science?  Is that last 100 dollars for science?

Still doing science.... and foxfire... but mostly science.

Squato

Hey mate, good to know things have improved from where they had been just a month or so back. Hope the road back is less hard then it was in has been in the past.

Oh, and about that final bill....I can help clear that if you want. ;)

Turnsky

Quote from: Squato on October 16, 2009, 12:15:08 PM
Hey mate, good to know things have improved from where they had been just a month or so back. Hope the road back is less hard then it was in has been in the past.

Oh, and about that final bill....I can help clear that if you want. ;)

actually, i'd appreciate that, thanks. seems the car rego issue crept up again... here's the sad and sordid tale, folks.

as you know, we have a car, it was in my grandmother's name.
unfortunately, my grandmother is quite dead.
now, for a while there was an arrangement made with the Trustee's to be able to pay the rego until certain legal wrangling surrounding my uncle's contestation of the will was cleared up.
then our DMV decided recently "oh hai thar, your granny, she be dead! we cannae accept monies from you" and thus, i made arrangements to get it transferred into my name... the forms came in today... with a nice little phrase "a small administration charge"... "oh joy, the turnsky thought, more bills" but wait, there's more... i'm gonna haveta arrange insurance for the damn thing aside from the 3rd party that comes with the registration.

then i get a neat little bill from the new services surrounding water/sewage (they separated them from the council rates recently, not sure WHY, personally, but at least i can pay this sucker off in installments... being smacked with a nigh 550 dollar bill made certain bodily functions twinge.) and thankfully the first installment isn't due until november..

Squato

Ouch mate, sorry to hear about the new bill. Best of luck in dealing with it.

As to helping to clear it...get me at my normal place (or send a note if you want).