Hi. Half-Dead Person Reporting.

Started by Sefam, August 31, 2009, 11:32:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sefam

Hello, I am Sefam, some people might know me from Alternation Studios forums(which are dead now).

I am 16(17 in about 10 days) and I am a starving beginning artist who cannot practice right now due to medical reasons(Constant pain above my left eye since 8 months, got worst in the 3 last months and as soon as I concentrate too much or for too long(+-1 hour), it gets impossible to think due to the sharp dull pain). For anyone interest(See? It's a plug!), check my FA and my journal http://www.furaffinity.net/user/sefam/ .

Anyway, I am happy to find that there is quite a few webcomic projects still going on around here. It'l keep me occupied until I take care of this condition :p .

Corgatha Taldorthar

Welcome to the forum!

Try to avoid being eaten by the box. Best way to do that is to read the forum rules and never even think about crossing them.

Try not to antagonize people. We do keep a few pet trolls, but adding some more isn't what we need.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

bill

thanks for posting, please read rules, do not accept gifts or parcels from other posters under any circumstances. enjoy.

Sefam

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on August 31, 2009, 11:35:20 PM
Welcome to the forum!

Try to avoid being eaten by the box. Best way to do that is to read the forum rules and never even think about crossing them.

Try not to antagonize people. We do keep a few pet trolls, but adding some more isn't what we need.

Read the forum rules? Sounds like a good way to feed my headache :U . I suppose I have to go through it anyway.

Eaten by the box? Not accepting gifts and parcels from other posters? o.o

Tapewolf

Welcome aboard.  I knew I'd seen your name somewhere.  The rules are mostly common sense, but there are a few counter-intuitive ones to trip up the unwary.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Really? I thought we'd sorted those out?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 01, 2009, 05:12:36 AM
Really? I thought we'd sorted those out?
Maybe 'counterintuitive' was a bit harsh.  That said, the section-specific ones spring to mind - the thread titling, the Open/Closed rule for RPs and the DMFA policy on typos are things which you wouldn't really know about without reading the rules.  That's not to say they're necessarily wrong, but they are a bit obscure.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Mmm. On the other hand, our usual response to thread titling is to simply correct it, not to jump up and down and throw our toys out of the cot...

I'll grant you the obscurity, though.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

JackTheCubiWolf

I'm back, and tired.

RJ

Someone already warned you? Darn, I was so hoping you'd accept this basket of delicious muffins as well... :rj

Lysander

Why hello, Sefam. I enjoy your avatar. Mey you "feel" welcomed to this interesting place.   :januscat
TytajLucheek

Sefam

Quote from: Lysander on September 01, 2009, 09:56:11 AM
Why hello, Sefam. I enjoy your avatar. Mey you "feel" welcomed to this interesting place.   :januscat

Well thank you <3 (And everyone else too)

Don't you have an IM anymore Tape?

EDIT: Your avatar is also super cute and awesome Tape hehe

I can't wait to be able to draw without hurting myself :bunny

TheDXM

lots of familiar faces these days...

Tapewolf

Quote from: Sefam on September 01, 2009, 12:08:48 PM
Don't you have an IM anymore Tape?
Yes, but I'm a bit more cagey about giving it out these days  :B[/quote]

QuoteEDIT: Your avatar is also super cute and awesome Tape hehe
Thanks.  If you're interested, the source image is here:
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/2554062

Myr

Oh-ho, new mea-er, I mean, a new member! Well, good to have you, and welcome aboard.
'I've seen monks try and cover their ears when they hear these haunting notes, but they just don't understand that your soul doesn't need ears to hear.' ~Malkithe

'Sanity is a spider clinging to a fluttering thread of web unaware of the fingers reaching for it, catching it, plopping it in my mouth....' ~Myr