08/30/09 [DMFA #1038] - Someone ask for a cute hostess?

Started by Lisky, August 30, 2009, 12:20:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitesfear

You know, the proper response to an ambush(ie, 'trap') is, in general, to locate it's center and assault it directly, as vigorously as possible, with the aim of driving your way through. Turn the tables on the enemy and transform a defencive situation into an offencive one.

Those poor, confused adventurers.

Ganurath

Quote from: Kitesfear on August 31, 2009, 01:56:23 AM
You know, the proper response to an ambush(ie, 'trap') is, in general, to locate it's center and assault it directly, as vigorously as possible, with the aim of driving your way through. Turn the tables on the enemy and transform a defencive situation into an offencive one.

Those poor, confused adventurers.
So... You ship Dabel?
NGGYU NGLYD NGRAADY NGMYC NGSG NGTALAHY

Kitesfear

Quote from: Ganurath on August 31, 2009, 03:20:51 AMSo... You ship Dabel?

I was actually thinking(several) something(s) almost completely different-yet-similar, mostly involving a random party of adventurers, questionable leaps of logic, cross-dressing disguises, and a bit of excessively IC LARPing.

But, heck, corruption is fun, so why not?

joshofspam

The thing that surprises me is how little he actually seems to change from male to female.

I wonder if any of the other lost lake group seeing him from the neck up still physically look at him the as a male to them, until he came around the object blocking their view and gave him a view of the rest of his body?

You probably could see differences if you looked at Abel closely. But Would someone just coming in notice the change or would they just see Abels face until they really take a look at him?
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

GundamDragon

Quote from: kaskar on August 30, 2009, 11:10:18 PM
   Well, Fa'lina did tell Abel to show Dan somethings to survive as a Cubi. ( e.g. Shapeshifting ... )

However, I do not think that we will see Abel as an Amazon ...

Dan allready crossdressed to exscape I could see him takeing a womnans form to trik the gaurd then exscap........ or to jus stear at reflection of him self as varyus hot girls he know or dreams about

Alondro

Ah!  This must be a plot by the Creature Council!  Abel will have close access to all the adventurers!  He can POISON them!  Or KILL THEM IN THEIR SLEEP!!!  The entire thing has been a clever ploy to destroy adventurers and crush the Rebellion once and for all!!

Cubi = The Empire

Fae = Jedi Masters, with lots of added insanity

Dragons = Uhm... Jabba the Hut?   :B

Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: GundamDragon on August 31, 2009, 10:58:17 AM
Dan allready crossdressed to exscape I could see him takeing a womnans form to trik the gaurd then exscap........ or to jus stear at reflection of him self as varyus hot girls he know or dreams about

already, cross-dressed, escape, taking, womans', trick, guard, escape (again, and yet different), just, stare, himself, various, knows.

And an ellipse is only three fullstops. I will grant you cross-dressed is a tricky one.

Do attempt to communicate, GundamDragon.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

ishidan

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 31, 2009, 11:32:40 AM

already, cross-dressed, escape, taking, womans', trick, guard, escape (again, and yet different), just, stare, himself, various, knows.

And an ellipse is only three fullstops. I will grant you cross-dressed is a tricky one.

Oh, he's attempting, just not succeeding.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: ishidan on August 31, 2009, 01:01:52 PM
Oh, he's attempting, just not succeeding.

No, he is not. If he was attempting, he'd have paid attention to the various warnings he's been given about making sense, and using the spellchecker.

... now, quiet in the cheap seats. ;-]

Kitesfear

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 31, 2009, 11:32:40 AM

Oh, he's commuincatnig, insofar as he's susseccfully conveyed his intneded maening, which is the core principal of langauge.

He's just, ya knwo, writing in a "particularly crude dialect." Still, perfectly undrestandable. :D

(also, I find it generally helps to include intentional errors in one's own post when making such corrections, as a measure of humour - ya know, come across less elitist Grammar Nazi, garner a more positive and productive response in general, etc.)

Attic Rat

Quote from: joshofspam on August 31, 2009, 09:45:59 AM
The thing that surprises me is how little he actually seems to change from male to female.

I wonder if any of the other lost lake group seeing him from the neck up still physically look at him the as a male to them, until he came around the object blocking their view and gave him a view of the rest of his body?

You probably could see differences if you looked at Abel closely. But Would someone just coming in notice the change or would they just see Abels face until they really take a look at him?

He changed what he wanted to change in the manner he wanted to change it. If he'd wanted to change his face or hair or the external appearance of his private parts, he could have done that. I think Amber once mentioned that while a Cubi can alter his or her appearance, they cannot actually change their gender. If that's the case, Abel could play a convincing female, but could not reproduce as a female. He is still male.
In this case, why work so hard? Just move mass from the waist and shoulders to the hips and breasts. Costume complete.
Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Kitesfear on August 31, 2009, 03:03:35 PM
Oh, he's commuincatnig, insofar as he's susseccfully conveyed his intneded maening, which is the core principal of langauge.

He's just, ya knwo, writing in a "particularly crude dialect." Still, perfectly undrestandable. :D

*wince* That just hurts to read. And it slows down the reading speed, which is important when trying to keep up with the forum as a whole, and do the rest of the things that I do from day to day...

Quote from: Kitesfear on August 31, 2009, 03:03:35 PM
(also, I find it generally helps to include intentional errors in one's own post when making such corrections, as a measure of humour - ya know, come across less elitist Grammar Nazi, garner a more positive and productive response in general, etc.)

Mmm. If this was the first time, I might. As it stands, this is elitist Administrator suggesting that the user in question pay attention. Before we have to bring attention to it forcefully.

Slightly different situation. I trust you understand.

Scarydragon

I think my English language just broke.
A Scarydragon approaches!

[Attack]
>[Word Play]
     [Sarcasm]
     [Innuendo]
     [Backwards Logic]
     [Puns]
   >[Sarcasm]
  [Procrastinate]
  [Item]

Kitesfear

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 31, 2009, 04:30:02 PM
*wince* That just hurts to read. And it slows down the reading speed, which is important when trying to keep up with the forum as a whole, and do the rest of the things that I do from day to day...

Really?

If I did it right, most people wouldn't spot the errors at first glance, and it should read cleanly, but I suppose I was trying to be reasonably obvious about it, especially in a few spots I can see.

Of course, I'm so used to bad spelling I can read a horribly spelled post, like GundamDragon's, as clearly as your own, and didn't even notice his errors until you took the time to point them out. I suppose your mental mechanisms are less fault-tolerant, which I can understand might be something of a pain, and can sympathise.

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 31, 2009, 04:30:02 PM
Mmm. If this was the first time, I might. As it stands, this is elitist Administrator suggesting that the user in question pay attention. Before we have to bring attention to it forcefully.

Slightly different situation. I trust you understand.

Aye, mayhaps, but on the balance poor spelling shouldn't be a major issue, so long as they can serviceably convey what they wish to express. I should dearly hope that the local administration is not so anal as to engage in disciplinary action over something so farcically trivial as lazy spelling?  :erk

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Kitesfear on August 31, 2009, 05:18:05 PM
Aye, mayhaps, but on the balance poor spelling shouldn't be a major issue, so long as they can serviceably convey what they wish to express. I should dearly hope that the local administration is not so anal as to engage in disciplinary action over something so farcically trivial as lazy spelling?  :erk

The critical point being "serviceably convey what they wish to express"; this being a rather clearer than usual example of GundamDragons' oeuvre. We wish to... encourage him not to backslide.

Also, while it might be clear to you, it's not as clear to a) most of the rest of the forum, as judging by the various comments above, and, more importantly, b) the administration team, as judged by previous conversations I've had with them. While we don't mind people easing off on their spelling (for example, e_voyager has a tendency to slip when he's tired; we recognise that, and politely suggest to him, via PM, that he might be needing some sleep just now, when needed) GundamDragon has, in the past, evinced a lack of willingness to pony up to his side of the bargain, as we see it. He has to make an effort to communicate, not merely spew whatever happens to flow out the front of his head. Communication involves both other people attempting to understand him, and him attempting to be understandable. I could be biased, but I feel he's not doing his part - particularly since he has proven himself capable of spelling accurately in the past. The forum isn't going anywhere; it'll wait while he breaks out a spell checker, and re-reads his post.

Suffice it to say that you've stepped in the middle of a longer conversation than is immediately apparent; I believe it started at least a half a year ago. While it looks high-handed, we've gone to some efforts, previously... And this is probably more than enough conversation on this point. I'm happy to take it up further, and explain our position to you, in great detail, but this thread isn't the place for it. *grin*

Edit:
It occurs to me, I haven't been clear. Poor spelling is acceptable. Lazy spelling is not, because a little effort can resolve that, whereas with poor spelling, even efforts to repair it don't help much. As long as the poster is making an effort, I'll usually let it slide...

GundamDragon

I'm doing the best i can im not good at spelling it has always been hard.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I don't object to poor spelling, Gundam. There is a spell check button in every post; as long as you use that, I won't complain, even if the words it comes up with are obviously not the words you meant. Eleven words that the spell check chokes on in a thirty-seven word post is a little on the high side, though (and I'll grant you the two other typos as an acceptable loss).

All we ask is that you take a little time to make an effort. Not that hard, is it?

ishidan

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 01, 2009, 05:20:12 AM
All we ask is that you take a little time to make an effort. Not that hard, is it?
And just be glad you're not a government clerk in Hawaii.  If you were, you'd have to deal with names.  Names like these.
http://www.starbulletin.com/news/vitalstatistics/20090830_Vital_Statistics.html
This week's "I gave my baby a paragraph for a name" winner is:
Toanui O Te Atua He Pomaika'i Hemolele A Pau'ia Mai Ka Lani Kumukoa Pahukoa Segovia
This week's "Takes two breaths to say one word" winner is:
Aiden Ka'imina'auaoikaponokeauiluna Xavier Aglia-Artis
This week's winner of Most Conjunctions is unusual, in that she's using hyphens instead of O's.   Put your hands and your syllables together for...
Liliana-Ileina-Ola-Ka-Inoa-O-A'u-Kupuna-Kuakahi Pukana-O- Kapule Kaiu
And let us remember last week's multiple-category winner, as recorded here-- http://www.starbulletin.com/news/vitalstatistics/20090823_Vital_Statistics.html -- as entering into holy matrimony,
Michael Keikialii O Kainalu Piha O Makaha O Kahauolilahanau O Kameha Mehanui Among.

/no way did I let the spell check even touch this post
//bet you think I'm making that up until you check the links

llearch n'n'daCorna

... I have family who live on the back side of Maui. And I've been an admin for over 12 years. I no longer have any surprise left for the depths to which human beings will sink... ;-]

Rafe

All I can say is "Yigg" is right.

It's obvious that Amber has constructed this entire story arc around that image, just as an excuse  to show us Tranny Abel.
Rafe

ishidan

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 01, 2009, 03:01:02 PM
... I have family who live on the back side of Maui. And I've been an admin for over 12 years. I no longer have any surprise left for the depths to which human beings will sink... ;-]
That...sounds like a challenge.
Don't read this if you value your sanity.
http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/20090901/NEWS01/909010350/Foster+kids+sue+Hawaii++abusers

GundamDragon

Quote from: ishidan on September 01, 2009, 10:58:11 PM
http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/20090901/NEWS01/909010350/Foster+kids+sue+Hawaii++abusers

Saity? Who said any of us are sane?

LionHeart

I thought there was a standard policy here of warning people to leave their sanity at the door when they join up...
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Tapewolf

Quote from: LionHeart on September 02, 2009, 03:14:52 AM
I thought there was a standard policy here of warning people to leave their sanity at the door when they join up...

De-facto standard.  As far as I'm aware that's not official policy  >:3

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: ishidan on September 01, 2009, 10:58:11 PM

It wasn't a challenge. And meh - stupid people do stupid things and then sue anyone in sight to get money. News at eleven.

ishidan

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 02, 2009, 04:00:00 AM
It wasn't a challenge. And meh - stupid people do stupid things and then sue anyone in sight to get money. News at eleven.
Except that's not what's in the article. 
(what's in the article includes child abuse.  With a hammer.  The ones bringing the lawsuits are the children, now grown.  It gets more spectacular from there.)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Yup. Stupid people doing stupid things. Stupid people at DHS, stupid people doing the abuse, stupid people doing the suing of DHS.

What, you thought I didn't read the article?

Also, "allegedly struck the children in the mouth with a hammer" - until Rita is convicted, it's all hearsay. Likely true, mind, but still just an allegation.

ChaosMageX

Quote from: GundamDragon on September 01, 2009, 02:33:55 AM
I'm doing the best i can im not good at spelling it has always been hard.

You should try getting the spell checking program that comes with the Pidgin instant messenger, which not only affects the messenger itself, but many other programs, including the text areas in the Firefox browser.

I forget what this spell checking program was called or if it could be downloaded independently from Pidgin, but it even has a convenient drop down menu with numerous suggestions for what you really meant to spell.

I just wish it also had a grammar checker like Microsoft Office Word.  That would make it incredibly convenient.

Icon by Sunblink

LionHeart

Firefox already has a built-in spell checker. Any words it doesn't recognise are underlined in red, much like Microsoft Word, and you right-click on them for a list of suggestions.
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Tapewolf

Quote from: LionHeart on September 02, 2009, 12:10:05 PM
Firefox already has a built-in spell checker. Any words it doesn't recognise are underlined in red, much like Microsoft Word, and you right-click on them for a list of suggestions.

That helps a bit, but if you pick the wrong words to begin with or spell them sufficiently strangely that the spellchecker guesses it's something else, you can end up with something equally illegible.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E