[Art] Sunblink's Magical Art Emporium: CHARCOAL DRAWINGS (02/26/2013)

Started by Sunblink, November 09, 2011, 09:04:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunblink

AFTER 4 YEARS OF HIBERNATION, I AWAKE TO DESTROY THE WORLD.

So yeah I kind of disappeared from the forum for a variety of reasons (medication problems, school problems, ex-boyfriend problems, anxiety problems, misdiagnosis problems) but I'm back with a brand new art thread and a relatively frequent output of artwork. :] This is the index post, I'll probably come back to decorate this nice and pretty. My old art thread can be found here.

• Art Information •
- I'm closed for requests.
- I'm open for art trades.
- I'm open for commissions.
If you want to purchase your very own badge, go check out my FurAffinity journal for more information! I'm still in the process of setting up a price sheet for other kinds of commissions.

• To-Do List •
Commissions
- Sketch for ShadesFox (verification process)

Art for Others
- Badge trade with ChaosMageX (inking process)
- Trade with Kipiru
- Rocket-Powered Ephrael for Paladin Sheppard

Personal Art
- Sunblink reference sheet

• 100 Themes: Katherine "Keaton" Jyraneth •

Redoing this project because I'm a crazy perfectionist, although I'll do this at my own leisure. I might even do this with a different character, I'm not completely sure yet.

1: Introductions
2. Love
3. Light
4. Dark
5. Seeking Solace
6. Break Away
7. Heaven
8. Innocence
9. Drive
10. Breathe Again
11. Memory
12. Insanity
13. Misfortune
14. Smile
15. Silence
16. Questioning
17. Blood
18. Rainbow
19. Gray
20. Fortitude
21. Vacation
22. Mother Nature
23. Cat
24. No Time
25. Trouble Lurking
26. Tears
27. Foreign
28. Sorrow
29. Happiness
30. Under the Rain
31. Flowers
32. Night
33. Expectations
34. Stars
35. Hold My Hand
36. Precious Treasure
37. Eyes
38. Abandoned
39. Dreams
40. Rated
41. Teamwork
42. Standing Still
43. Dying
44. Two Roads
45. Illusion
46. Family
47. Creation
48. Childhood
49. Stripes
50. Breaking the Rules
51. Sport
52. Deep in Thought
53. Keeping a Secret
54. Tower
55. Waiting
56. Danger Ahead
57. Sacrifice
58. Kick in the Head
59. No Way Out
60. Rejection
61. Fairy Tale
62. Magic
63. Do Not Disturb
64. Multitasking
65. Horror
66. Traps
67. Playing the Melody
68. Hero
69. Annoyance
70. 67%
71. Obsession
72. Mischief Managed
73. I Can't
74. Are You Challenging Me?
75. Mirror
76. Broken Pieces
77. Test
78. Drink
79. Starvation
80. Words
81. Pen and Paper
82. Can You Hear Me?
83. Heal
84. Out Cold
85. Spiral
86. Seeing Red
87. Food
88. Pain
89. Through the Fire
90. Triangle
91. Drowning
92. All That I Have
93. Give Up
94. Last Hope
95. Advertisement
96. In the Storm
97. Safety First
98. Puzzle
99. Solitude
100. Relaxation

• Art Index •
A chronological compilation of all the art I post in this thread.

November 2011

December 2011

February 2013

Sunblink

And here are all the badges I did for Anthrocon this year! I'm listing them in the order I finished them.

Only the first three of them were finished before Anthrocon. All the badges after that were commissions taken on after AC was over. Cog's was completed for his birthday, and showcased a new coloring experiment I was attempting that I later tried on Kimmy's badge. LunaCatta's badge was inked with my tablet, not with the pen tool, to give it a more organic look, but I still need to shoot for trying better line variation.

Other than the badges, I have a few other random sketches that were done before Anthrocon.
Such as this ear I did for art class, and this eye. And this sketch of Lisky's head! And this drawing of a Joltik ferociously hugging its trainer's skull (which definitely needs polishing and moving around, although I'm very happy with the proportions of the face). I'll definitely have more to show, I just wanted to bang out this post before people started crowding my thread immediately after I finished the index post. Haha! Suckers!

Tapewolf

What's the rough turnaround on these things?  And what's the significance of the bold entries in the 100 Themes list?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Sunblink

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 09, 2011, 09:17:09 AM
What's the rough turnaround on these things?  And what's the significance of the bold entries in the 100 Themes list?

The bold entries were UBBC coding gone extremely wrong :c

And by turnaround, what do you mean?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Sunblink on November 09, 2011, 09:19:13 AM

How long, start to finish, are commissions expected to take?

Sunblink

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 09, 2011, 09:23:04 AM
Quote from: Sunblink on November 09, 2011, 09:19:13 AM

How long, start to finish, are commissions expected to take?

That depends on the coloring style. I had hammered out the Anthrocon badges in about 9 days - I think the Sunblink one took 2 days because I was literally sitting at the computer all day, the other badges took a little bit longer for various reasons. From now on I'm going to abide by some kind of deadline I set for myself. Cel-shaded badges like Eenyu's, DrilleCat's, and LunaCatta's take a lot less time to finish.

The average badge takes 4 days thereabouts. Kimmy's took a lot longer because so much detaaaail and I had to be in New York to drop off my sister.

Kipiru

The badges are gorgeous, especially love for Cogidubnus' one- the choice of background is spot on :mowmeep

Tapewolf

I was sure I had a commission in mind, but I really can't think what it was...

Sunblink

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 09, 2011, 10:10:46 AM
I was sure I had a commission in mind, but I really can't think what it was...

If you remember, let me know~ :] I still gotta finish that panel for you though.

Quote from: Kipiru on November 09, 2011, 09:37:52 AM
The badges are gorgeous, especially love for Cogidubnus' one- the choice of background is spot on :mowmeep

Thanks dude! :D I appreciate it.

ShadesFox

Arts you say?  Suppose that I ask for something exceptionally odd.  Such as, say, a picture of a certain fox sporting a machine gun riding on the back of a cybernetic wolf the size of a military hummer.  Do you do the odd and bizarre?
The All Purpose Fox

Sunblink

Quote from: ShadesFox on November 09, 2011, 07:36:37 PM
Arts you say?  Suppose that I ask for something exceptionally odd.  Such as, say, a picture of a certain fox sporting a machine gun riding on the back of a cybernetic wolf the size of a military hummer.  Do you do the odd and bizarre?

Well, I'm not at all used to drawing machines and artillery, but I'd be willing to give it a try!

ShadesFox

I'm being purely silly here.  Except for the part of sending money your way for art.  PM me with details and such.
The All Purpose Fox

Sunblink

Quote from: ShadesFox on November 09, 2011, 10:35:12 PM
I'm being purely silly here.  Except for the part of sending money your way for art.  PM me with details and such.

Sent a PM your way, brah. :]

Sunblink

/insert bad joke about Lisky's promiscuity here

I had to fight really really hard to keep myself from drawing, like, a condom between his teeth and as it turns out, Lisky wants me to do that anyway, so. I'll make that an alternate version. :B

I'm really proud of this one! :] I'm getting the hang of tablet inking, it's a lot less time-consuming than using the vector pen, even if I have to go back to fix my wobbly lines. EVENTUALLY I WILL BE A MASTER.

Up next are some commissions that Tape bought from me. Hopefully I'll get them done really quickly. Art trades will be handled once all the commissions are off the table.

Kipiru

Great Work, Sun-B. I love how you did the body- he looks like he is going to burst with pride, maybe a fetched stick between his teeth will be more appropriate  :mowhappy

Paladin Sheppard

Lisky

hey now... >| I might be tamed eventually! EVENTUALLY! :V

It's delightful! Love it to pieces! Thanks you oh so much Keatsy! :3

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

llearch n'n'daCorna

Personally, I think Tapewolf's commentary'd conversation is hugely apt. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Sunblink

After the sheer amount of effort that went into this picture, my hands have fallen off. My hands are gone. Gone.

Anyway this is the first of three commissions I owe. :D I'll take a short break to draw something kind of Christmas-y then get to work on the next one.

Keaton, my precious, precious Suebaby. I missed you. I missed you as much as Cass will miss all her teeth.

Mao

Quote from: Sunblink on December 03, 2011, 06:57:00 PM
Keaton, my precious, precious Suebaby. I missed you. I missed you as much as Cass will miss all her teeth.

But Keaton won't miss.... ;>.>

Particularly not with a grip like that.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I did like the wing gripping Cass' hair. That was a nice touch.

And yes, looking like that, Keaton is all threat. Even more danger than exudes from Mao when he's pissed... ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Sunblink

I completely forgot to upload this! Gasp! Just for clarification, the little thing clinging onto the back of that lady's head is a Joltik, a Pokemon. ONLY MADE BIGGER.

It didn't quite turn out the way I wanted it to and I had to adjust the colors to bring out the pastels (because it looked much brighter/pleasing on my PC and after I transferred it, the colors seemed muddier), but I'm still very happy with this.

Bonus version: Playing around with Hue/Saturation had some interesting results. The lines are still artifacted as fuck, though.
Bonus version 2: Un-pastelish version

Kipiru

I can't decide if that is adorable or creepy  :erk colors are warm, I don't know if that was the effect you were aiming for, but it's pleasing to the eye.

Sunblink

okay so for about two years I forgot this topic existed because I entered a weird art slump and preferred keeping my FurAffinity updated as opposed to this topic, so technically I haven't been dead for all this time. HOWEVER, I'm now taking semi-regular figure drawing classes and it's increased my work output, so I decided to revive this topic with a few charcoal drawings I did as an experiment. All of these are of my pets! From now on, if I don't slack off, I'll use this place to host drawings that I normally wouldn't upload to FurAffinity. I'm sitting on a couple of sketches that I'll upload later, once I've made them presentable.

My new years resolution was to do more artwork, and you all should know I TAKE MY NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS VERY SERIOUSLY. It's like a pinkie pie promise to the universe.

Constructive criticism is always appreciated~

btw, Sammy is a cockatiel and Snickers is a dachshund.

bradypodidae

Your art just keeps getting more and more awesome. Keep it up and well done!
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Kipiru

Charcoal is new! Great work on Sammy, it's so life-like! Snickers is great as well, but kind of lacks detail- stands a lot more cartooney than the parrot. Still, amazing job on these   :mowhappy