08/23/09 [DMFA #1035] - WHAT!

Started by JackTheCubiWolf, August 23, 2009, 12:22:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackTheCubiWolf

Amber is going to kill off two characters!

Edit:
Fixed your topic. Fixed your post.
    -- llearch n'n'daCorna
I'm back, and tired.

Mao

Not necessarily.  The Fae may be all powerful, but the problem with that is that there's more than one.  Just because Mab thinks it's going to end that way, doesn't mean it will.  Beyond that, things die and come back in fantasy, I wouldn't read too much into it.

Turnsky

Quote from: Mao Laoren on August 23, 2009, 12:31:52 AM
Not necessarily.  The Fae may be all powerful, but the problem with that is that there's more than one.  Just because Mab thinks it's going to end that way, doesn't mean it will.  Beyond that, things die and come back in fantasy, I wouldn't read too much into it.

after all, Dan got better from being dead.  :U

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

LoneHowler

And people complained of lack of plot forwarding last update. Now we get to much way to much I say! I hate spoilers
Yes I know I'm a horrid speller queen of typos but dang it, I'm trying to get better
MY warp aci crappy photoshop I wish I had my tablet working
My Yappty thanks Silver :)
(hmm my sig needs updating. eeeeeh I'll do it later 07/29/06)

Baal Hadad

I'm not even sure I know who "the five" are (though I'm guessing Dan, Alexsi, Wildy, Merlitz, and Jyrras--I don't think Pip counts), let alone who "the two" or "the one" are.  I'm not even sure each "the one" is the SAME "the one."

:S

Yeah--Ba'al Hadad is very confused now....

SuaveIV

...yup, that was an aardvark...

...and now comes the fun part...

...seeing if Amber can handle TEH SERIOUS BUISNESS.

I have hope.

Psy-Kosh

And things have gotten decidedly darker... This should be interesting. :)

Ted Schiller

Which likely means certain beings will not die.  I had fantasies of a thousand-year-old Dan visiting the grave of Wildy.  Looks like it will happen the other way.   :confused

With regards,
Ted

Edited:
Spell check doesn't get everything.   :sweatdrop

Corgatha Taldorthar

Actually, my first thought of the statement was the flash of "everyone dies", which translated into "3 of them become immortal?"

Although she probably means, "Die imminently" or, "Die in context of these actions."

Now I'm going to have to spend mental effort figuring out what these boons were though. Presumably Jyrras isn't one of the ones that Mab is sure of dying, or she wouldn't be spending so much effort on insuring his safety above everyone elses.

Unless it's a bizarre Xanatos gambit. Maybe I should post again when I turn my paranoia a bit down.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Saist

... oh come on. Does anybody actually STAY DEAD in this comic?

Alondro

*Charline hmms*  One may destroy the world, eh?  Must be Wildy.   :3

And now the comic shall descend into a sea of angst and suffering!  Misery upon misery shall befall the characters until with one breath all the peeps lose the battle with depression.  :redrum
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

OminousShadow

.... Ok Mab is starting to scare me with her seriousness. I want fun-loving, never serious Fae back.
97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a skyscraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP, YOU SPARKLY (I am not smart enough to use polite words)!" then copy and paste.

rhyfe2002

It's almost like the seriousness of the Abel's Story arc is bleeding into the main comic (and/or vice versa).

Also, I thought Mab looked almost Asian-like with the wet hair and all in the first panel.

JackTheCubiWolf

Ok, I'm calm now. And you guys are right. Even if someone does die, Amber would find some way to bring them back.
I'm back, and tired.

OminousShadow

You must find the 7 Fae Mystics. They are the oldest and most powerful Fae as they have not undergone the reincarnation cycle since the Fae came into being. Complete each of their challenges for a relic of great power which can undo even death itself....

*Hides in fear*
97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a skyscraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP, YOU SPARKLY (I am not smart enough to use polite words)!" then copy and paste.

Corgatha Taldorthar

Quote from: JackTheCubiWolf on August 23, 2009, 01:26:26 AM
Ok, I'm calm now. And you guys are right. Even if someone does die, Amber would find some way to bring them back.

Oh, I'm not so certain. Take Merlitz for example. Mab's felt attracted to him in the past (still does? Maybe?), so you can make a very strong case for him being one of the five friends. Add in that he's been barely seen since the "Raid on SAIA" part, and that he's based on another person and not a purely Amber creation, leading to an extra bit of tension for the artist to write him, and you have a very good candidate for someone to be pushed off the bridge.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Maril

Quote from: JackTheCubiWolf on August 23, 2009, 01:26:26 AM

Not necessarily... 

I am quite intrigued...  I'm not sure who the 5th friend is.  I know Dan, Wildy, Alexsi and Jyrras... Not sure Merlitz would be the 5th, but he could be...  Or maybe it's Lorenda, or even Fa'Lina (though that seems less likely...) Also curious who the one's who'll die are.  And whether or not this is tied with Destania and Biggs' plan...

Scarydragon

I hate to burst anyone's bubble, but just because Amber, as the artist, has the power to bring back anyone see wants to doesn't mean she will. I have a feeling that whoever is slated for death will either be permanent, or they might turn undead. Or maybe even an unknown force will save them before death, who knows.
A Scarydragon approaches!

[Attack]
>[Word Play]
     [Sarcasm]
     [Innuendo]
     [Backwards Logic]
     [Puns]
   >[Sarcasm]
  [Procrastinate]
  [Item]

SuaveIV

...i almost hate explaining myself, but I feel the need is necessary...

Click & Learn

ooklah

That was about as subtle as steamroller, that's for sure.

But what are the five boons... I wonder... Who still has theirs? and what did the others do to loose them?
<wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka>
"Why no, officer, I am not made of pancakes."

Jairus

Wow... that was... um, subtle.

*sits and thinks for a bit*

The ramifications of this are quite impressive, Amber. In three panels, you've basically completely shifted the mood of the comic, creating an atmosphere of tension and inevitability that is going to plague us until the final strip. I am very impressed. This is quite a different story than the joke a day comic you were drawing ten years ago.

So, obviously, big questions. Who are the five? Who are the two? What are the boons? Is Jyrras the one who can potentially destroy the world, or is it Wildy? How much in comic time until the shit really starts going down? Too many questions ragrephlable!
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Teroniss

Quote from: Jairus on August 23, 2009, 02:15:46 AM
Wow... that was... um, subtle.

*sits and thinks for a bit*

The ramifications of this are quite impressive, Amber. In three panels, you've basically completely shifted the mood of the comic, creating an atmosphere of tension and inevitability that is going to plague us until the final strip. I am very impressed. This is quite a different story than the joke a day comic you were drawing ten years ago.

So, obviously, big questions. Who are the five? Who are the two? What are the boons? Is Jyrras the one who can potentially destroy the world, or is it Wildy? How much in comic time until the shit really starts going down? Too many questions ragrephlable!

Something tells me the pan to Dan as Mab spoke about one possibly destroying the world was part of the steamroller foreshadowing on Amber's part. Could just be me though. I agree with what's been said though. Seeing as the 5 Mab's known longest as LL are Alexi, Dan, Wildy, Jyjy, and Merlitz.

Titanium Dragon

Yeah, I was going to make some sort of comment about Cerebus.

Not that it is a bad thing, as the comic is quite enjoyable and I trust her skills as a writer and artist.

Five men enter... three men leave! >>;

LoneHowler

hmm now that I have ad time to think this over I have come to the conclusion of who I believe the one of the two who will die is most likely to be Alexsi, my reasons it's hard to write in a character who's original owner has passed away. The second is one who is also owned by someone else and probably doesn't want their character used anymore. I doubt it's Dan he's to integral to the plot unless this storyline is a comic ender.
Although Amber has proven many times in the past to go off on tangents none of us suspect
Once again Love how  Mab looks
Yes I know I'm a horrid speller queen of typos but dang it, I'm trying to get better
MY warp aci crappy photoshop I wish I had my tablet working
My Yappty thanks Silver :)
(hmm my sig needs updating. eeeeeh I'll do it later 07/29/06)

Cvstos

Huh. Wonder if DMFA itself will end after all these events. That would be a shame. This and QC are my fav comics. (Sinfest a close third.)

So when are we going to start taking bets on who's going to be pushing up daisies :D

OK, OK, that was a bit too dark.
"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them." - Albert Einstein

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." -Albert Einstein

FSharp

Alternate theory: the Fae exist in non-linear time. Mab knows two of her friends are going to die because she's been to a point in the future where they've passed on from old age.
"To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Corgatha Taldorthar

Quote from: FSharp on August 23, 2009, 02:37:27 AM
Alternate theory: the Fae exist in non-linear time. Mab knows two of her friends are going to die because she's been to a point in the future where they've passed on from old age.

If that's the case, wouldn't they *all* be dead? The Fae seem to be the only species that is truly immortal.

Cvstos

Quote from: FSharp on August 23, 2009, 02:37:27 AM

More likely, she sees many possible futures, and in all of them at least two of them die, but which may or may not be constant.
"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them." - Albert Einstein

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." -Albert Einstein

Baal Hadad

Quote from: rhyfe2002 on August 23, 2009, 01:25:10 AM
It's almost like the seriousness of the Abel's Story arc is bleeding into the main comic (and/or vice versa).

The cranes...remember the cranes....

ChaosMageX

All I can say is...It's about bloody time, Amber.  Soon we will finally be able to check this one off the list.  And by list, I mean the list of things that make a comic great from that earlier non-canon arc.

Here are the parts of the list that have been fulfilled so far since the list's introduction:
( 1 ) Fanservice (the Wallpaper Wars)
( 4 ) Drive-by Baby (Rose)
( 6 ) Homosexual Character "Coming Out of the Closet" (Jyrrus)
( 8 ) Introduction of New Characters (Abel, Fa'lina, Fi, etc)
( 9 ) Overly Cute Mascot Character (Fi)
(10) Shonen Ai (Jyrrus + Janus)

Here are the parts of the list that haven't been fulfilled yet:
( 2 ) Crude Generalization of an Often Misunderstood Group of People to Incite Fan Rage (may have been done with vampires, but I'm not sure)
( 3 ) Killing Off a Character
( 5 ) Sprite Comic
( 7 ) Gaming Comic

And soon Amber plans to check off #3 to further boost her comic's popularity, or maybe not.  I'm thinking that the three that will survive will be Dan, Wildy, and Jyrrus, but I'm probably extremely wrong. :<

Icon by Sunblink