Random Question...

Started by Destina Faroda, July 02, 2009, 03:49:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destina Faroda

No, this isn't a question about the board or site or anything like that.

Okay, sometimes obsessive fans watch a TV show or a film (but usually TV), and actually map out the various sets to varying degrees.  Some settle for general floor plans and/or placement while others actually build a 3D model of the setting.  What is that term called, seriously?
Sig coming...whenever...

llearch n'n'daCorna

OCD? ;-]

More seriously, I don't know. But I'm interested in the answer...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

M

Is it called Fantasy Blueprinting?

I found a book on Amazon that calls it that. Check it out: http://www.amazon.com/TV-Sets-Fantasy-Blueprints-Classic/dp/product-description/1579121071

Ghostwish

Huh, I've heard of this odd little hobby myself, but I can't place the name.

Hey! I remember where I heard it from! Star Trek! Folks mapped out those sets all the time! Maybe the answer is in there some place?

Netrogo

I do this at times but that's cuz I was a film student and sometimes I like knowing set layouts so I can determine where they positioned cameras for certain shots.
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Destina Faroda

Thanks for answering, everyone.

Even though I would never actually go as far as to build an actual set, I have often thought of how the various "rooms" in television programs connect together.
Sig coming...whenever...

Netrogo

Sofox

I think Fox once made a house constructed to look almost exactly like the Simpsons house.
On a similar note, I believe there is a deathmatch map (forget for which game) based on the Simpsons house.
(Never could figure out which side of the house Flanders was a neighbour on.

Darkmoon

If you're facing the Simpson's house, Flanders lives one door to the left.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Netrogo

Quote from: Darkmoon Firelyte on July 12, 2009, 12:23:13 PM
If you're facing the Simpson's house, Flanders lives one door to the left.

And the house on the right is where that women and her daughter lived. Her daughter babysat for the Simpson's and Bart had a crush on her. Before they moved in there it was some old lady.

Darkmoon

The guy from X-Entertainment at one point had the High School from Saved by the Bell mapped out, but it was in a sarcastic way, as all the kids houses were extensions of the campus, as they all seemed to live there anyway.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Alondro

I tried to map the TARDIS out once...

I used up an entire forest...

Which was infested by the Vashta Nerada...

So I ended up with a whole lot of skeletons in my closet...  :B
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Rakala

In my weekly gaming group our GM came up with a game. He would only come up with vague descriptions of the rooms and then the players would draw a map on the grid board that we agree is reasonable. It adds a new element to the game.

rabid_fox

I don't know, this doesn't SEEM like a random question. I suspect the person asking it planned it ask it.

Oh dear.