Sins of a Solar Empire

Started by Cogidubnus, June 19, 2009, 12:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cogidubnus

I know Basilisk and I play, but does anyone else? The games can be a bit long, but I've found it to be pretty fun, and I'm getting alright with the Advent.

It's possible to play games over the internet with just an IP address, and amazingly it's possible to -save- a multiplayer game. Getting a forum game going might be pretty fun if anybody would be up for it.

Magic

Arcalane, me, Shadesfox and Alteisentier used to play before the Entrenchment expansion; But not so much if at all anymore.
True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)

Teroniss

I used to play, until my CD got stepped on  :cry

Lisky

you know if you've still got the CD key you can download a copy now and not have to worry about the disk anymore...

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Cogidubnus

Basilisk speaks the truth. I don't even have an Entrenchment CD, just the original, and I don't think I need it to actually play...

And Entrenchment does change the gameplay a bit. Although in my opinion, the game was lacking a stationary defense that any halfway-decent fleet couldn't just stomp through or ignore on the way to juicer and less-defended core planets.

Would anybody be up for a game? Bask and I were thinking of starting one sometime next week.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Cogidubnus on June 20, 2009, 08:18:44 PM
Although in my opinion, the game was lacking a stationary defense that any halfway-decent fleet couldn't just stomp through or ignore on the way to juicer and less-defended core planets.
No good static defences? Oh hell no, this game is now off my "to get" list for strategy games! :U

Lisky

XD... up until the entrenchment pack... now you can build giant star bases of doom

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Cogidubnus

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on June 20, 2009, 08:38:46 PM
Quote from: Cogidubnus on June 20, 2009, 08:18:44 PM
Although in my opinion, the game was lacking a stationary defense that any halfway-decent fleet couldn't just stomp through or ignore on the way to juicer and less-defended core planets.
No good static defences? Oh hell no, this game is now off my "to get" list for strategy games! :U

It -used- to be that way. Bask is correct - there are now starbases that can, depending on how you set them up, rip a new one through everything but a very concentrated attack. There's also an ability that lets them prevent you from losing control of a planet -until- they deal with the starbase, which means they can't just fly around it and take your planet out from under you.

IIRC, a combat-type capital ship has around 4000 shields and 3000 or so hull at maximum level and research. A starbase with fully upgraded defenses has 11,000 or so shields and 17,000 hull points, and many many times the firepower. They are definitely effective static defenses.

Ganurath

...You guys honestly believe that the static defenses of old couldn't withstand a focused assault? Clearly, we're playing different games. Or, maybe just different factions. For the Unity!
NGGYU NGLYD NGRAADY NGMYC NGSG NGTALAHY

Tipod

I haven't played in a while and am generally terrible against human opponents, but sure, I wouldn't mind getting in on a game with you guys. Would this just be the vanilla version or Entrenchment?
"How is it that I should not worship Him who created me?"
"Indeed, I do not know why."

Cogidubnus

It'd be Entrenchment, unless somebody doesn't have it or somesuch. We're thinking Tuesday we'd try and start a game up.