The End of Shojo Beat

Started by JackLee1978, May 31, 2009, 05:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackLee1978

Quote from: The North American publisher Viz MediaYes, the final issue of Shojo Beat magazine will be the July 2009 issue which is on newsstands June 16th.

We are very proud of the past issues of Shojo Beat magazine and the efforts of the entire team. The magazine developed quite a fan base but unfortunately in today's difficult economic climate we felt the need to place our resources elsewhere at this time.

Of course all of our great shojo manga titles previously serialized in Shojo Beat magazine will still be published and available as graphic novels under the Shojo Beat imprint from Viz Media.

Each Shojo Beat Subscriber will be receiving a free copy of the August issue of Shonen Jump magazine with the pertinent information on what their subscription/refund options will be.

Subscribers and fans of shojo manga can get the latest information on all new Shojo Beat titles and news by visiting www.shojobeat.com.

I don't know if I'm the only one whose read SB, let alone been a subscriber to it, but this is incredibly disappointing. Before I started reading SB, I didn't read any shojo manga. Now I've become a fan of it. Even though I've only bought NANA, I plan on finishing the runs of Honey and Clover (volume #8+), Sand Chronicles (#7+), Vampire Knight (#8+), Crimson Hero (#12+) and Honey Hunt (#3+).  VIZ however has yet to announce anything about Yuu Watase's (Fushigi Yugi, Absolute Boyfriend) Drawing with Yuu column that's been running for the past 38 issues.

Valynth

*quietly hides his Vampire Knight subbed anime.*

What?  I don't read any of those!...well, sorta...
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)