Memorial Day Webcast (Overlord + Bionic Commando)

Started by Balade, May 25, 2009, 04:20:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balade

Balades_wife here, giving notice:

Overlord, then Bionic Commando.... and anything else we can think of. Pop on in!

http://www.justin.tv/balade

:batman

Mao

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Corgatha Taldorthar

Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

bradypodidae

Alas, those who did attend were well amused and entertained.
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Balade

Overlord was fun, I wish there were some otufit options for my concubines though.... and something better than having them wander around the throneroom aimlessly.  I was trying to find you all night mao! I think you're going to like Bionic Commando.

Mao

Ah well.  Next time just e-mail me if I'm not around.  I didn't even realize you were doing a memorial day broadcast.

Balade

I think i mentioned it several times during sunday's cast, though you may have wimped out and gone to bed by then, in either case, the bionic commando portion of the evening is available for download at the webcast page

http://www.javgw.com

bradypodidae

Yes, more control of the maidens occupying your tower could lead to some interesting... options, however, having seen your reactions in other games, I am surprised you aren't bemoaning the inability to change the critters your minions harvest for life force from sheep to something like, oh, I don't know, perhaps squirrels?

Of course, the game would drag on forever as your minions tried to chase down those little fuzzy rats.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Balade

Seriously, The idea that you can only harvest life force from sheep or people seems a bit far fetched, I should totally be able to clear an entire map of all flora and fauna.

Mao

Maybe it's because sheep = people?  Could it be that we're all sheep?!  Le gasp!

Anyway,  I'll check the download out tonight and see what tomfoolery I missed.  I'll also put in a preorder for Prototype this weekend, on the off chance it has multiplayer.

Balade

I'll have to figure out how to get the game audio from the pc to show up when webcasting the pc. I ended up having to stick one of the speakers in my face while playing overlord. Apparently it did the job, I might need a y plug for the mic in....  or just pick up Overlord for the ps3...

bradypodidae

The audio on Overlord was okay, however I found I had to pay close attention to understand what was being said. Reading the in game text proved easier. I'd hate to see you spend the bucks on another Overlord game, unless you think the game is worth getting off the PC and onto a console.

And where did your 'princess' learn to walk like that? "Baby got Back" kept coming to mind.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Balade

I still find it amusing the site is getting hits from someone who's isp is listed as "Albert Einstein College Of Medicine" I think we might actually be hurting people's futures.

Mao

Wonder if that's Basil..

That aside, I know it hurts my future every time I talk to you.

Corgatha Taldorthar

Quote from: Balade on May 27, 2009, 08:54:51 AM
I still find it amusing the site is getting hits from someone who's isp is listed as "Albert Einstein College Of Medicine" I think we might actually be hurting people's futures.

That's probably me. I post/watch a lot from school, and The Albert Einstein school of medicine is one of the grad schools attached to the university I go to. Not sure why it lists them as opposed to the university as a whole though...........
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Balade

After all the work i did with the ban counter now i want to mess around with making my own neopets game XD guess i'll mess around with that over the week.

Had a chance to check out the Bionic Commando stuff yet Mao?

Mao

Oh god neopets.  Please don't do that Balade.

I was able to watch the first hour of it.  I plan on watching the rest of it tonight.  Looks interesting so far.  Kinda like the spiderman games, only with guns and a post-apocalyptic type setting (though from what I gathered of the story, it's not quite post-apocalyptic).

Balade

http://www.javgw.com/phptest.php

buahahahaha! I've already started! in reality, this is more just another wya for me to practice PHP so i don't forget everything, planning on adding a few more options for testing, thinking some kind of neopets / pokemon type setup. first step will be working out exactly what i want it to do.Plan to do some kind of feed/play buttons in order to build up the pets mood, dont plan to use mysql or anything since more than likely this'll just end up as a for fun/practice project

Mao

All that I've shown you, turned to evil so soon.  I've lost you to the dark side it seems.

Anyway, it's good that you're practicing.  There's a quite a few savvy folks around here where it comes to programming so who knows, maybe you'll find a better teacher here soon.  Particularly since I've never studied or even worked with PHP aside from helping you and observing a few other projects.

Balade

You're right neopets is horrible.....ok, then how about a text based RTS game? something like ogame, make a few tech trees, design a few units and watch the player addiction ensue!