05/25/09 [DMFA #1007] - There's always time for pants!

Started by Netrogo, May 25, 2009, 12:21:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmigaDragon

Perhaps it had already happened. sometimes authors will tell one line of a story then go back a short time and tell another line. In The Wheel Of Time series, I think one of the books even started months earlier than the previous one ended (I forget whether it was in the prologue or chapter 1).
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Michael Chandra

Pretty sure the prologue started with the big boss battle. Hence why I stopped around part 7, I wanted that boss fight to arrive already. No RPG I ever played was that slow with that many plot-twists.

But it's a default story technique, really, starting with the end or the middle, then jumping back to the start. Haruhi, however, now that was a fun tactic.

Not a prophecy btw, just Phoenixes being weird as always. And it already happened by then.

AmigaDragon

Commenting in this thread since it was mentioned in connection with this strip. How is that fanservice  picture coming along? I haven't heard anything about it since it was voted on in the webcast chat.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: AmigaDragon on June 03, 2009, 11:56:16 PM
Commenting in this thread since it was mentioned in connection with this strip. How is that fanservice  picture coming along? I haven't heard anything about it since it was voted on in the webcast chat.
Someone on the webcast (the next week) had a theory, and I have a feeling they might be right; this was the "fanservice".

And if that is true, then I'll take a moment to say: Well played, Amber. Well played.