[Art] Rhyfe2002's Art Thread (27 Nov 2010)

Started by rhyfe2002, May 24, 2009, 02:09:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lysander

Great work on all of them. I really don't know what I could say that might help for criticism.

I would love a sketch of Anya if you'd be willing (possibly NSFW):

http://lysanderxx.deviantart.com/art/Anya-128105805
TytajLucheek

Tapewolf

Quote from: rhyfe2002 on July 21, 2009, 12:29:38 PM
Was a bit lazy on the details, sorry about that.  :cry

Nice.  A little mournful-looking, though.  Not sure if that was intentional.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Corgatha Taldorthar

Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

rhyfe2002

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on July 21, 2009, 06:49:34 PM
Do you do non-furries? Corgatha is a human........

Not really good at them, but I can always try. Request slots are full however, so please try again later.  :boogie

Turnsky

i'll hold out until you're not inundated with requests for now.  :3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

rhyfe2002

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

rhyfe2002

Tapewolf

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: rhyfe2002 on July 22, 2009, 09:39:58 AM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 22, 2009, 09:24:06 AM
*takes a number, stands in line*
But who do you want me to draw? o.O;

I figured you had a couple other people in line before me; I had a couple minutes to work up a description.

I _do_ have a couple minutes, right?

Lisky

XD... i'd like one, but it seems there are a few more in line... i'll jump back in with a proper request once the list thins out.

I've enjoyed the sketches you've been giving out so far, and they've been quite spectacular.  I'll have to keep an eye out once you've gotten a few more done

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

rhyfe2002

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 22, 2009, 10:01:27 AM
Quote from: rhyfe2002 on July 22, 2009, 09:39:58 AM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 22, 2009, 09:24:06 AM
*takes a number, stands in line*
But who do you want me to draw? o.O;

I figured you had a couple other people in line before me; I had a couple minutes to work up a description.

I _do_ have a couple minutes, right?

As long as there's an empty slot, I will take the next request that comes AFTER I post my latest sketch.  There's no number-taking, unfortunately, so you'd better hurry up and post that character description/reference before someone else does  >:3

llearch n'n'daCorna

*snerk* Ah, I see.

Witt, then.

Rather than the usual frontal views, Witt, being obnoxious at the best of times, is probably best viewed from behind. With one hand on a beer stein, and the other raised, giving the finger.

He's a short, stubby, hefty hedgehog; about 4'8" tall, and some 4'6" across the shoulders; all muscle. Wears a helmet with a spike on it, like this, from this page, a leather jacket, with holes in the back for his spines, and fingerless leather gloves.

Usually covers his spines in laxatives and capsiacin, if that gives you some idea of how unpleasant a person he is. ;-]

Need more details?

rhyfe2002

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 22, 2009, 11:11:47 AM
*snerk* Ah, I see.

Witt, then.

Rather than the usual frontal views, Witt, being obnoxious at the best of times, is probably best viewed from behind. With one hand on a beer stein, and the other raised, giving the finger.

He's a short, stubby, hefty hedgehog; about 4'8" tall, and some 4'6" across the shoulders; all muscle. Wears a helmet with a spike on it, like this, from this page, a leather jacket, with holes in the back for his spines, and fingerless leather gloves.

Usually covers his spines in laxatives and capsiacin, if that gives you some idea of how unpleasant a person he is. ;-]

Need more details?

Actual picture references of the character would be the best, but if not, just a few other things: 1) I assume he's not the Sonic-type (only a dozen or so spines)? 2) I'm not quite sure how the helmet is going to fit on his head, what with all the spines, either..

llearch n'n'daCorna

I have no pictures of Witt. Yet. :-/ If I had, I'd provide. I can get you some pics of real hedgehogs, if that helps?

And no, not Sonic type.

Kenji

Main page Tapewolf link is broken, fyi.
I like how the Dan and Dark Peg one looks like Street Fighter IV artwork.

rhyfe2002

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 22, 2009, 12:58:24 PM
I have no pictures of Witt. Yet. :-/ If I had, I'd provide. I can get you some pics of real hedgehogs, if that helps?

And no, not Sonic type.

Nah, it's fine. I'll try my best then.. no guarantees though  >:3  (man I love this smiley)

wuffnpuff's request (NSFW)

Markings, jewelry, wings.. are you trying to kill me? :eager Good thing I'm partial to PG13 nude chicks.  :boogie

Lisky

Name: Baseel (pronounced Bah Seel) (AKA Basilisk) Wolkshammer

Race: Demon

Species: Demon Canine, Shepherd

Physical Description:  Tall, and thin, yet well muscled, one would find him to be the poster child of the demon race, at least in appearance.  He Looks to be in his early 20's by being standards.

Across his back, starting at the top of his head, and running all the way down his back is a near jet black fur across his front is a silver tinged with a hint of brown, running across his face, down his throat and down his body, and ending in pure silver extremities.  He has full black patches around his eyes, giving him an almost raccoon mask coloring. His muzzle is also mostly black, with brown around the corners of his mouth, and a silver ring right as his snout begins to broaden.  A black diamond shape sits between his eyes and goes from the bridge of his nose to the crown of his head.

His cephalic hair (human like, head hair) is a reddish blond, and is worn in tied into cable-like clusters, and held together with silver rings.  (basically think stylized for personal effect)

Bas sports a rather impressive pair of horns that sprout just behind his eyes, they curve up and around, facing slightly forward at the tips. (http://www.northernelectric.ca/~whitefox/images/dmfa/basilisk/basilisk4.png reference by whitefox)

His wings match his fur patterns quite nicely, dark at the top, moving to brown about the shoulders, then silver at center mass down. though the bottom wings are rimmed in black as well.  His wingspan is 16 feet at maximum, and given his musculature, he seems capable of flight.

For clothing he usually wears a dark, forest green robe, with black trim, along with similarly patterned pants.

if you want me to wait... or perhaps need more information, let me know... i've got a few rough sketches of my own... but nothing in extreme detail... i also base his facial features off my own dog, so if you'd like a picture there... i'll go find a good one...

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Tapewolf

I like your feather technique.  Critique-wise, on Chance, the angle of her chest seems to be at odds to the angle of her head.  Still, I don't think we have any right to complain  :P

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: rhyfe2002 on July 22, 2009, 01:11:29 PM
Nah, it's fine. I'll try my best then.. no guarantees though  >:3  (man I love this smiley)

No guarantees expected. ;-]

rhyfe2002

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 22, 2009, 01:21:22 PM
I like your feather technique.  Critique-wise, on Chance, the angle of her chest seems to be at odds to the angle of her head.  Still, I don't think we have any right to complain  :P

Why not?  :eager Anyway, I went and relooked at it... I believe it's because of her left shoulder being a bit too far forward. Oh well...

Basilisk2150 - Pics please. More the merrier. :D

Lysander

TytajLucheek

Lisky

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e268/EWork88/DukeonCouch.jpg
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e268/EWork88/Dukemini.jpg
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e268/EWork88/Bellyrub.jpg

there are pictures for coloring... my scanner is giving my guff at the moment, but i'll try and get that working, if not, i'll go hunt down the digital camera for the sketches as well...

Edit: update, i couldn't get the scanner to work... but i do have a work in progress sketch that i took a picture of...

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e268/EWork88/BasyBasroughsketch.jpg

hopefully that'll help... if not... i'll send you the full sketch once i finish it, either tonight or tomorrow

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: rhyfe2002 on July 22, 2009, 09:17:46 AM

Hee, I couldn't resist  >:3

I can -hear- the Bond Theme in my -mind- just looking at that. That and it also gives me a slightly 'film noir' feeling - kind of the gritty feel of the novels as opposed to the movies. Hm, Janus Bond goes gritty detective novel... ideas, ideas, ideas. Rambling aside, I give it the Emil Seal Of Approval! (IIIIIIII LIKE IT!)
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Sprocketsdance

Oh... my freakin' goodness.... YOU ARE ARESOME!!! :tighthug  I feel bad for not specifying that you didn't have to include all the jewelry (the spots are hard enough to do! >_<) Regardless I absolutely love it! I agree with Tapewolf, your feathers are great!

Poor Chance though.. it really seems like I'm whoring her out to be quite the piece of eye candy XD Granted it's all these great artists' fault!  >:3 (Ok ok.. I don't blame you.. but I'm grateful nonetheless!!) :boogie:

And Thank you SO MUCH!  :hug your art is awesome! I'll keep watching!  :3

rhyfe2002

>:3  >:3  >:3  >:3  >:3

(Sorry Ly, if posting here made you think I finished yours)

Tapewolf

One or two of these have somewhat large and over-round heads compared to their bodies.  The Abel pic in particular... well, unfortunately the term "melonhead" just won't go away  :B
Is this a stylistic thing or a glitch?

rhyfe2002

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 23, 2009, 04:42:32 AM
One or two of these have somewhat large and over-round heads compared to their bodies.  The Abel pic in particular... well, unfortunately the term "melonhead" just won't go away  :B
Is this a stylistic thing or a glitch?

Yeah, I tend to draw only females/babies, so I tend to draw everyone's heads, including those that shouldn't be,  disproportionately large.  There's something wrong with the way I draw hair, too; it often appears thinner than it should be, which also contributes to the the whole melon-head thingy. I've been trying pretty hard to change it, but.. I guess old habits are hard to kick =;( 

In any case, the Abel drawing was a 30 minute sketch at most, so I wasn't really paying attention to anatomical details :P (I didn't feel good about taking requests and then doing something else instead  :rolleyes)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: rhyfe2002 on July 23, 2009, 08:57:47 AM
In any case, the Abel drawing was a 30 minute sketch at most, so I wasn't really paying attention to anatomical details :P (I didn't feel good about taking requests and then doing something else instead  :rolleyes)

When we're paying you for it, then we can bitch. Until then, your time is your own.

rhyfe2002

An older style of mine. I don't like it as much, though.

She doesn't seem like the type to dress in revealing clothes, so.. yeah.

I think I got the wings mixed up, sorry  :B

By the way, I'm suspending additional requests until I finish the current ones first, just in case. Sowwy =(