05/15/09 [Abel 2 #55] - Massacre

Started by Fibre, May 15, 2009, 02:36:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LionHeart

I think I've seen that one attributed to Ghandi: "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Attic Rat

Quote from: LionHeart on May 15, 2009, 10:08:37 PM
I think I've seen that one attributed to Ghandi: "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

I'd say the rule "an eye for an eye" was probably put into place as a way to reduce violence. The natural response would have been "A life for an eye" or worse.
Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?

Caswin

Quote from: Pagan on May 15, 2009, 08:24:44 PM
but full genocide is still looming. How will we view Destania when all the Dragons are dead and gone?
Hey, now, she hasn't killed the dragons yet.  There's still a chance -- just a chance, mind you -- that she could fail in her effort to kill a massive number of sentient giant lizards with powerful magic abilities and lifespans stretching back thousands of years each.  It's harder than it sounds.

But to answer your question, I figure that if she does succeed, I'll just add "genocide" to "indiscriminate murder, rape and torture".
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

OminousShadow

It won't be complete genocide. Pyroduck is not with the dragons. if anything, he's on the Cubi side.
97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a skyscraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP, YOU SPARKLY (I am not smart enough to use polite words)!" then copy and paste.

Garsemor

Quote from: OminousShadow on May 16, 2009, 12:27:12 AM
It won't be complete genocide. Pyroduck is not with the dragons. if anything, he's on the Cubi side.

Actually he's on the Dan side. Dan doesn't have anything whit dragons (except for a dept) and when it comes to his ranting about cubi it can be put in a single sentence "I don't want to be a Cubi". So Dan is more neutral and Pyro is neutral a well in this case.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Caswin on May 15, 2009, 11:38:26 PM
Hey, now, she hasn't killed the dragons yet.  There's still a chance -- just a chance, mind you -- that she could fail in her effort to kill a massive number of sentient giant lizards with powerful magic abilities and lifespans stretching back thousands of years each.  It's harder than it sounds.

More than that - millions of years each.

I really don't think she can.  I still say that the best she can aim for is kicking them out of the Furrae continuum and blocking them from being able to return.

Quote from: Aganerral on May 15, 2009, 07:34:13 PM
The 2 major flaws are:

1) Aniz' main goal appears to be to do what he can to rebuild his clan.  But Dee is almost definitely a more powerful cubi than he is (allowing for the chance that in the nearly 400 years between Abvel's Story and now he leveled up enough, but that seems unlikely), so any cubi kids would be Cyra not Siar.
Right now they're about to split up, most likely for that very reason.  But that doesn't entirely preclude them getting back together.

Quote2) I can't see him fooling her.  I don't see Dee falling in love and marrying a supposed being that a) keeps mind shields up all the time even around her and b) always keeps his left wrist covered.  She seems too on top of things (and skilled in all things devious herself) to not suspect something.
I don't think anyone's suggested that she managed to fool him for more than about three minutes.  More likely, if he is Aniz, she went to the inn in the first place in order to finally destroy him.  See the glowing in 298?  And Amber suggested that she was faking her injuries.
'Course, if Edward is just Edward, it's possible she married him because he looked like Aniz and reminded her of the old times.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Keleth

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 16, 2009, 06:33:28 AM
'Course, if Edward is just Edward, it's possible she married him because he looked like Aniz and reminded her of the old times.

You're right, it's totally unlikely she married him because she loved him.

Why not just marry a picture if that reminds you of old times :b
Help! I'm gay!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Drathorin on May 16, 2009, 09:15:57 AM
You're right, it's totally unlikely she married him because she loved him.
It is reasonably clear from what Fi and Abel have said that any given Being means about as much to Destania as a single apple in a supermarket (at least during her SAIA years).  She's spent almost seven thousand years teaching 'Cubi to torture them to death and suck out their souls.

So IMHO, going from destroying him to marrying him just like that is unlikely.  Remember, it took centuries for Aniz to get her to budge.

EDIT:
For what it's worth, I'm not saying that she stayed with him because he reminded her of Aniz, just that it might be why she didn't eat him.  She might, as you suggest, have grown to love him for his own sake, in the intervening two months.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Sunblink

Quote from: Azlan on May 15, 2009, 07:03:53 PM
I'm fairly certain Siar deserved it, most of her clan too, I applaud Hizell on being as thorough as he could be in this.

I also see what you did thar. Tired of trolling threads about alcohol? :O

Although good tongue-in-cheek response to the race wank.

Azlan

Since we do not know what happens to Dee between Aniz and current time, it is possible for situations to occur that can drastically change one's outlook.  Just because 'Cubi tend to be egotistical islands populated with dense forests of selfishness that bear the bitter fruits of stubbornness, self-importance, and ingrained racial superiority... doesn't mean they can deviate and find true love even among those they feel as lesser.  Perhaps there is an underlying trait buried within Dee that makes her different, or perhaps something else?  Can't really say at this time, not enough to go on.

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on May 16, 2009, 03:01:55 PM

I also see what you did thar. Tired of trolling threads about alcohol? :O

Although good tongue-in-cheek response to the race wank.

Nah, if I troll it is inherently evil and vehement.  I am just brutally honest and tactless.  I have to wear such a face to exist in corporate America...

Nice to see someone understands the intent to TiC (Tongue-in-Cheek) it.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Yugo

Quote from: Azlan on May 16, 2009, 03:10:08 PM
Nah, if I troll it is inherently evil and vehement.  I am just brutally honest and tactless.  I have to wear such a face to exist in corporate America...

https://www.weasyl.com/~boximus<br /><br />My Weasyl!

Sunblink

I think Drathorin spotted it before me, actually. :B

I might need to change my tactics in the event of more race wank.

EDIT (16/05/09): WHAT THE HELL YUGO WHY MUST YOU BE SO AWESOME.

Keleth

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on May 16, 2009, 03:17:53 PM

I think Drathorin spotted it before me, actually. :B

I might need to change my tactics in the event of more race wank.

A personal tactic of mine
If artillery doesn't solve the problem, you aren't using enough. :C
Help! I'm gay!

Caswin

I am lost as to what people are doing here.

That makes me feel sad. :<
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Azlan

However, in all honesty, I don't really like 'Cubi or dragons... but I do admire the brutal efficiency.  It is a well used tactic, just ask the English monarchs of history, the reigning mafia bosses, Stalin,  and any others that rule by force and treachery.  If a member of the rival family still exists, they can some day rise to topple you or your dynasty.  Eliminate all and you insure that at least they will not be a potential threat seeking revenge.

Naldru

Quote from: Drathorin on May 16, 2009, 03:23:58 PM
It may also mean that you are firing on a defiladed position.  In that case, you need to move your artillery.

Edit: 

Air power is useful but short and medium range ballistic missiles are a much more difficult target for anti-aircraft artillery.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Azlan

If you can locate the artillery then air support wins.  You can have all the artillery you want, I concentrate on air superiority.

Keleth

Quote from: Naldru on May 16, 2009, 04:07:24 PM
Quote from: Drathorin on May 16, 2009, 03:23:58 PM
It may also mean that you are firing on a defiladed position.  In that case, you need to move your artillery.

You Arent' using enough!
Help! I'm gay!

Shadrok

Quote from: Azlan on May 16, 2009, 04:06:24 PM
However, in all honesty, I don't really like 'Cubi or dragons... but I do admire the brutal efficiency.  It is a well used tactic, just ask the English monarchs of history, the reigning mafia bosses, Stalin,  and any others that rule by force and treachery.
How ever when the figure head of those types of groups falls often so does their empire (Alexander the great and Ivan the terrible come to mind)

Quote from: Azlan on May 16, 2009, 04:40:48 PM
If you can locate the artillery then air support wins.  You can have all the artillery you want, I concentrate on air superiority.
*gives Azlan cookie*  :mowcookie
That's right even AAA fails when air power is used right.

Sunblink

Quote from: Caswin on May 16, 2009, 03:32:47 PM
I am lost as to what people are doing here.

That makes me feel sad. :<

Explanation: Well, Yugo noticed that Azlan's as unapologetic as ever for his pretentious and inflammatory behavior in past threads, and I noticed that Azlan was making fun of some trolls we've had on the forum who get their panties in a twist over fictional races.

I think the latter thread should be in the Mine somewhere. Oh god it was awful.