05/11/09 [DMFA #1001] - Where's Christopher Walken when you need him?

Started by Gamma, May 11, 2009, 12:41:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corgatha Taldorthar

Quote from: Kenway975 on May 11, 2009, 03:21:03 PM

I would suspect that Cyra has know of Dan's existence right after or possibly before he was born. Any good clan leader, IMO, would want to keep tabs on the rest of the clan to keep track on how they are doing. As for knowing where he is at the time... you may be correct in that the clan symbols serve as a link to the rest of the clan.

Based on what, pray tell? Fa'Lina also seems to be taking quite an interest in Dan's prolonged survival, given that she basically dragooned Abel into babysitting/bodyguarding him against the chance that a Dragon will show up to do Dan in, and there's certainly no indication that she knew anything about Dan before she got the SAIA application.

Right now, we know almost zero about what a 'Cubi clan founder can and cannot do. Yes, she might have some sort of mystical connection to her clan, but then again, those clan markings might just be some genetic oddity. On a practical level, to keep tabs on Dan would necessitate either some sort of magical ability to divine his location and activities, or some sort of more mundane informant keeping her in touch with things.

The spy option seems a bit..... incongruent with Amber's style, and while Dan *is* at an inn, I get the impression that his condition is kept pretty much under wraps. So far, the list of people who know Dan is hurt are Dan, Aliph, Regina, Lorenda, Kria, Alexsi, Jyrras, Abel, and Fi, at least with regards to 100% accuracy. It seems reasonable that they wouldn't be blathering this to whatever customers are around, but even if we assume that people like Pyroduck or Mab know about Dan's injury, I find it hard to swallow that any of them would be in contact with the Clan founder and not tell Dan about it.

As for magic, unless it's some sort of passive "I know everything about my clan" effect, I'm not sure how Cyra would even begin to know to start looking for anything. It would be a mite ridiculous if a clan founder got a little ping anytime someone was born destined to carry his/her clan marking. I still think that the clan marking carries some sort of bond, or power, and isn't just some genetic marker. I mean, why don't they appear at birth, and only in response to using a certain amount of magic?
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Tiger_T

Well, since clan-members show a reaction if their leader is offed (No more tentacle-heads and probably loss of power), it stands to reason that vice versa the leader can sense when a member of their clan gets his/her @ss handed to them. :P
I think Cyra watched (more like sensing his 'energy/whatever' in the back of her mind) Dan from afar waiting for the right time to introduce herself. :rolleyes
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

Gamma

I imagined shortly after Jairus asked about it, Christopher Walken flying round Cyra's head inside the dream. Just like an annoying bug. :3

FYI, for Jairus and future viewers, The thread title is in response to the page header Amber put up, "Listen to sound of my voice. You can check it all out, its my weapon of choice."

I have no idea why she put that their....
011010000111010001110100011100000011101000101111001011110111011101110111011101110010111001111001011011110111010101110100011101010110001001100101001011100110001101101111011011010010111101110111011000010111010001100011011010000011111101110110001111010110111101001000011001110011010101010011010010100101100101010010010010000100000100110000

GundamDragon

Quote from: Gamma on May 11, 2009, 09:05:10 PM
I imagined shortly after Jairus asked about it, Christopher Walken flying round Cyra's head inside the dream. Just like an annoying bug. :3

FYI, for Jairus and future viewers, The thread title is in response to the page header Amber put up, "Listen to sound of my voice. You can check it all out, its my weapon of choice."

Given her size she would just eat him.

(No clue who the guy is thoe)

inuhanyo

Quote from: GundamDragon on May 11, 2009, 09:10:31 PM
Quote from: Gamma on May 11, 2009, 09:05:10 PM

Given her size she would just eat him.

(No clue who the guy is thoe)

Bio for Christopher Walken

Attic Rat

Eh, "You're freakin' huge!" isn't as poetic as, say, "How great thou art!" but it's the thought that counts...
Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?

Ganurath

Quote from: Attic Rat on May 11, 2009, 11:33:13 PM
Eh, "You're freakin' huge!" isn't as poetic as, say, "How great thou art!" but it's the thought that counts...

Ah, but if he said it like that, Cyra wouldn't have been able to segue into a bust-related pun. If Cyra's in on Destania's intentions, I'm sure she's met Biggs...
NGGYU NGLYD NGRAADY NGMYC NGSG NGTALAHY

Tapewolf

Quote from: Tycoon on May 11, 2009, 07:54:49 PM
Christopher Walken vs. Cyra?

I'd sure as Hell go with the Walken.

Be aware that your link doesn't work in Europe.  When I think of Christopher Walken, The Dead Zone comes first and Archangel Gabriel from The Prophecy comes second.  But I doubt it's either of those.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Turnsky

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 12, 2009, 04:05:12 AM
Quote from: Tycoon on May 11, 2009, 07:54:49 PM
Christopher Walken vs. Cyra?

I'd sure as Hell go with the Walken.

Be aware that your link doesn't work in Europe.  When I think of Christopher Walken, The Dead Zone comes first and Archangel Gabriel from The Prophecy comes second.  But I doubt it's either of those.

Fatboy Slim: "weapon of choice"

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Alondro

Nah, not Walken.

Better choice:  David Carradine, "Kill Bill".   :3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Azlan

The size of Cyra is probably directly proportional to her ego, she probably thinks she's being modest appearing in this matter.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

JackTheCubiWolf

Quote from: Alondro on May 12, 2009, 10:17:25 AM
Nah, not Walken.

I just saw those movies over the weekend. And I agree on Cyra's perky "wingspan".
I'm back, and tired.

GundamDragon

Nah, not Walken.

Better choice:  David Carradine, "Kill Bill".   :3

Better yet Burt Gumer from temmers lol

Ganurath

Quote from: JackTheCubiFerret on May 12, 2009, 07:48:55 PM
Nah, not Walken.

I just saw those movies over the weekend. And I agree on Cyra's perky "wingspan".
Perky has to be the worst spelling error I have ever seen. The proper spelling is "awe-inspiring."
NGGYU NGLYD NGRAADY NGMYC NGSG NGTALAHY

bdplague

Perhaps Dan doesn't even know who Cyra is? After all, he might know he's from Clan Cyra (although I doubt he'd remember it), but I'm fairly sure no one ever told him that clans take their names from the name of the clan Founder.... ^.^

inuhanyo

Quote from: bdplague on May 12, 2009, 10:45:00 PM
Perhaps Dan doesn't even know who Cyra is? After all, he might know he's from Clan Cyra (although I doubt he'd remember it), but I'm fairly sure no one ever told him that clans take their names from the name of the clan Founder.... ^.^

I'm pretty sure Dan hasn't had the orientation on Clans, Clan Founders, and his being of Clan Cyra.

Fi has commented on "our Clan mark", and DP mentioned that Dan was of "Cyra's ilk" (but Dan was kind of busy bleeding at that point), but he hasn't had time to put all of this together.

We'll see how much orientation he gets from Cyra in 1002.  :)  I'm sure he'll pay her much better attention than he did Abel.

Fa'lina had a file on Dan, before she sent Fi to bring him to SAIA, it's quite possible she shared this information with Cyra, for any number of reasons.  It's also possible that she got much of the information from Cyra.

Tapewolf

Quote from: bdplague on May 12, 2009, 10:45:00 PM

He's been told twice, at least.  Firstly with the Doctor, and with a reminder from Dark Peg (though he was dying at the time so that might not count).

However, he did manage to find Destania's book - and from what Amber was saying about the book in Abel's Story, they seem to be organised by Clan.  'Course, he might have asked the librarian or something.  (Was he supposed to have removed the book from the premises?)

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Michael Chandra

I just realized something: Cyra's headwings are the same size as Dan's normal ones. So maybe that's how one becomes a Tri-Wing, cutting off the headwings of an existing Tri-Wing. No wonder it has a high fatality rating. :mowninja