05/02/09 [DMFA #996] - Subsection:shut up

Started by LoneHowler, May 02, 2009, 03:35:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LoneHowler

what a great comeback I'll have to use it
Yes I know I'm a horrid speller queen of typos but dang it, I'm trying to get better
MY warp aci crappy photoshop I wish I had my tablet working
My Yappty thanks Silver :)
(hmm my sig needs updating. eeeeeh I'll do it later 07/29/06)

AmigaDragon

FIRST POST!

He may be telling Wildy to drop it, but I still see it as friendly banter. As he said, he's new to the concept, and taking a analytical approach to his orientation. This still leaves him open to being merely confused rather than one way or the other.

EDIT: OK, I was beat to the punch. go ahead and delete this thread, Mods.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

AmigaDragon

He may be telling Wildy to drop it, but I still see it as friendly banter. As he said, he's new to the concept. And since he's taking an analytical approach to his orientation, this still leaves him open to being merely confused or bi- rather than one way or the other.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

jimsan

there are totally some banter options there!!! But I'm still largely convinced he's swinging one-way on the voltmeter-scale!!!
Remember the past.
Prepare for the future.
Live in the present.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: AmigaDragon on May 02, 2009, 03:36:17 AM
EDIT: OK, I was beat to the punch. go ahead and delete this thread, Mods.

Why would we want to do that? I mean, you titled your thread correctly... ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Brownie

Wildy ALWAYS gets the best facial expressions.  :veryevil
I also applaud Jyrras for being able to keep a serious face when saying that, because if I ever say it, I'd be frothing at the mouth...Maybe...

Lowde

It's actually nice having a gay character that isn't all cliche and "fabulously" gay.

Quote from: Brownie on May 02, 2009, 05:49:40 AM
Wildy ALWAYS gets the best facial expressions.  :veryevil

Agree

Tapewolf

That isn't good.  While Abel and Wildy probably aren't going to be best buddies for a bit (see 694), Jyrras has effectively transferred the very thoughts he doesn't want Abel to read into yet another unshielded mind.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Corgatha Taldorthar

Somehow, I don't see Abel probing around Wildy too much, or even hanging around her. After the events leading up to the twink territory expidition, I kind of see them staying out of each other's way.

Plus, I'm pretty sure Abel has figured it out already.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Lucheek

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 02, 2009, 06:33:27 AM
That isn't good.  While Abel and Wildy probably aren't going to be best buddies for a bit (see 694), Jyrras has effectively transferred the very thoughts he doesn't want Abel to read into yet another unshielded mind.
My bet is Abel already knows, even without thought-reading. You can read Jyrras's face like a book, man.

Sid

I'm tempted to side with Lucheek: I doubt he needs mindreading to know that. And after that kick, I doubt that Abel will feel like going near Wildy's mind anytime soon, anyway :P

(edited to correct initial reading comprehension fail)
:boogie

Pagan

Heheeee, looks like Wildy is a JyrBel shipper.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Akisohida

I wonder if Wildy will notice that Jy seems a bit more confident. Old Jy would have blushed or something. New Jy has a witty comeback!

Also, I love his reply. :)
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Naldru

Quote from: Lucheek on May 02, 2009, 07:56:00 AM
My bet is Abel already knows, even without thought-reading. You can read Jyrras's face like a book, man.
And it is in large print for the visually impaired.

Edit:

Regarding hints about the nature of the  :hug Jyrras/Abel relationship  :hug.

This sequence and the look on Abel's face led me to think that he knows about the crush.
This one showed interesting signs of friendliness.
This one made me wonder.

I will add more later as I find them.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Jairus

Quote from: Pagan on May 02, 2009, 08:14:08 AM
Heheeee, looks like Wildy is a JyrBel shipper.
See, even Wildy is on our side!

Quote from: Lucheek on May 02, 2009, 07:56:00 AM
Agreed. Mind-shielded he may be, but he's not hiding his feelings all that well.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

techmaster-glitch

Thread number's wrong. 996, not 995.

Meh, don't have much to say about this comic. Good facial expression and comeback, though.

terrycloth

Wildy, translated: "So are you gay, or are you just gay for Abel?"
Jyrass, translated: "I don't know."

Tapewolf

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on May 02, 2009, 11:59:09 AM
Thread number's wrong. 996, not 995.
Fixed.

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on May 02, 2009, 06:42:36 AM
I'm pretty sure Abel has figured it out already.

Most likely, to be honest.  Though given his blunt manner previously, I find it a little difficult to work out why he hasn't confronted Jyrras about it himself, in the same kind of way he got Dan to.
The question then becomes, what will Jyrras do when he realises that he's exposing his mind by proxy?

Jer-oh-me

Of course Jy doesn't realize that everyone's gay for Abel outside his universe. (Can you tell I enjoy grossly exaggerated hyperbole?) Also I think a certain ferret with a coon tail is jealous or something. I'm sure Amber's working us up to twisting Jy's sense of self AGAIN, frankly it is one of the things I enjoy most about the comic. Also, I'm waiting for the mindscrew, cause the scenes have been pleasantly mundane for a bit.

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 02, 2009, 12:10:43 PM
Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on May 02, 2009, 06:42:36 AM
I'm pretty sure Abel has figured it out already.

Most likely, to be honest.  Though given his blunt manner previously, I find it a little difficult to work out why he hasn't confronted Jyrras about it himself, in the same kind of way he got Dan to.
The question then becomes, what will Jyrras do when he realises that he's exposing his mind by proxy?

Err, I thought it was already clear that Abel is aware of Jy's crushing on him. And being the resident Jerk with a heart of Gold, he's not abusing said crush. Also, he's cubi, who everyone's gay for... It's not like folks who aren't thoroughly sure of themselves would be repulsed.

Howl

Quote from: Jer-oh-me on May 02, 2009, 12:11:35 PM
Err, I thought it was already clear that Abel is aware of Jy's crushing on him.

When?

Jer-oh-me

Quote from: Minishear on May 02, 2009, 12:15:31 PM

When?

Oh joy, I'm being challenged... Alright hang on...

Ganurath

Quote from: Lucheek on May 02, 2009, 07:56:00 AMMy bet is Abel already knows, even without thought-reading. You can read Jyrras's face like a book, man.
I'll take that bet. Abel isn't used to working with Beings, and has become rather dependent upon using his Cubi powers to manipulate people. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't know the first thing about reading social ques. Or did you all think the magic empathy was the only trait he was taking for granted?
NGGYU NGLYD NGRAADY NGMYC NGSG NGTALAHY

Jer-oh-me

Quote from: Jer-oh-me on May 02, 2009, 12:17:17 PM
Quote from: Minishear on May 02, 2009, 12:15:31 PM

When?

Oh joy, I'm being challenged... Alright hang on...

Okay, probably not perfect but my first hints of Abel recognizing the crush are this sequence, though I am not going by text what so ever 862 through 864.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jer-oh-me on May 02, 2009, 12:35:35 PM
Okay, probably not perfect but my first hints of Abel recognizing the crush are this sequence, though I am not going by text what so ever 862 through 864.

As mentioned, it really hinges upon Abel's ability to understand Beings in a social context, and without relying on magic.  Given that he's "turned being alone into an art" (742) it's not clear that he's up to the task.

Frankly?  It's a bit too close to call.  I think it could go either way.

Buhamet

While I find the idea of Jyrras being gay no problem, is it possible to argue that he might just be bi for Abel only simply because he's never been able to find the right kind of girl before? (my guess is long term experiences of hugged for being cute is a factor along with being mistaken for being younger than he actually is)

Also, just thinking of Abel himself, has there been any kind of hint that Abel's had a girl/boyfriend in the past, or is that still being speculated?

(if the questions are vaugely off topic, I apologise. I felt I couldn't contribute to the most recent discussion point and the above questions were burning in my mind for an answer)

LoneHowler

Why is it that when someone declares they are gay somene says "Oh it's because the haven't found the right guy / girl yet. Or perhaps they are bi"
Yes I know I'm a horrid speller queen of typos but dang it, I'm trying to get better
MY warp aci crappy photoshop I wish I had my tablet working
My Yappty thanks Silver :)
(hmm my sig needs updating. eeeeeh I'll do it later 07/29/06)

Buhamet

As I said before, I have no problem with the concept, I'm just wondering.

Tsunari

Seems that 'I'm gay for Abel' has become Canon

Arcblade

I like Jyrras' comeback.  Awesome. 

Also, one of my friends theorizes Jyrras has a thing for masculine people.  Lorenda kind of has that, Dan kind of has that.  I'm not sure how Abel fits in.  But my friend insists Jyrras will end up with Wildy. 

Personally, that last one makes my brain hurt.  It'd be kinder to my brain if Jyrras was just gay and that was the end of it. 

GabrielsThoughts

I think it would be funny if Nutmeg's fay curse also had a "compulsion" attached to it that also affected Jyrras personality. Something like the desire to fight crime dressed as dorthy from the wizard of OZ or a desire to maybe to wash your 20 foot tall  Mecha Gryphon while dressed as an apple , or wearing underwear on your head thinking they were goggles or something...I could see this happening to dan for some reason, only replace Dorthy with a Scarecrow, and high heels for bo0ts or something.   
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.