Weekly Webcast #006: Blood for the blood throne!

Started by Amber Williams, March 15, 2009, 06:10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

It's possibly there for windows, but not for linux.

There's also some other things. I'll see if I can figure something out.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 16, 2009, 09:55:49 AM
There's also some other things. I'll see if I can figure something out.
This is Windows.  I'll try on the Mac when I get home.

EDIT:
It looks like it's caching the stream.  I can't intercept that in Windows because the file's locked, but it will probably be possible in unix.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Balade

Picked up the Orange Box for the ps3 so we might have some Portal-y goodness going on over the weekend, I don't know if i'll make it the next playthrough though, So we'll see what happens. Due to medical problems my wife wasn't able to attend FWA so she'll be with us again this weekend for the webcast.

Still leaning towards Prince of Persia or something....Not sure we'll see what happens.

If I can find someone who wants to duo Resident Evil 5 for the ps3 I will consider that, How many of you guys have a ps3?

techmaster-glitch

Portal? EXCELLENT! Screw R&C, RE5, or PoP, play through that next! I wanna see what all the fuss has been about!

Pagan

You've never played it? It's really just a puzzle game with an interesting (but probably done before) mechanic, one speaking character, and a catchy song over the credits.
It's good. It isn't the amazing game that the internet told me it was. Half-Life 2 made up for Portal's shortcomings though.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Mao

I've got a PS3 and might be willing to play RE5... however.. I get to be Chris.. and have the sniper rifle.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Pagan on March 19, 2009, 01:47:11 PM
You've never played it? It's really just a puzzle game with an interesting (but probably done before) mechanic, one speaking character, and a catchy song over the credits.
It's good. It isn't the amazing game that the internet told me it was. Half-Life 2 made up for Portal's shortcomings though.

I don't have any next-gen consoles yet. And I want to see Portal through because I want to see all the things about GlaDoS. I know there's supposed to be some story and narrative to the game, but I've tried to avoid anything that might spoil it for me.

Pagan

Portal, as well as most other games by Valve, are released on the PC. You don't have to have a 360 or PS3 to play the game.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Balade

The levels in portal are relatively short, so I don't think it'd be a problem doing a couple of levels of Portal each week building up to the finale. As for RE5 I don't mind, i'd rather stare at Sheva's ass for most of it anyways, Guess i'll look up my PSN account info. If everyone is cool with some Portal followed by RE5 I can poke around for a copy soon.

Mao

You might get to stare at her arse, but I'll be zoomed in on her boobs all day.  Btw:  I've played through portal many times.  <3

Balade

You should be able to send a friend request to Balade on PSN, I'll probably just accept whoever sends a request at this point and assume it's related to the webcast.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Pagan on March 19, 2009, 01:54:47 PM
Portal, as well as most other games by Valve, are released on the PC. You don't have to have a 360 or PS3 to play the game.
I am aware of that. I also have only about five PC games, and only one of them is more recent than StarCraft. And that game isn't even mine, I borrowed it.

Mao

Quote from: Balade on March 19, 2009, 02:01:48 PM
You should be able to send a friend request to Balade on PSN, I'll probably just accept whoever sends a request at this point and assume it's related to the webcast.

Sounds good.  When I get home from work I'll send it.. and then go pick up RE5.

On another note, you wouldn't happen to have Resistance:  Fall of Man would you?  I just picked it up and did notice some multiplayer and coop modes that I haven't checked out yet...

Pagan

Quote from: Balade on March 19, 2009, 01:58:28 PM
The levels in portal are relatively short, so I don't think it'd be a problem doing a couple of levels of Portal each week building up to the finale.

The webcasts are generally, what? Five, six hours in length? You can beat all of Portal in that time.

Psy-Kosh

Quote from: Pagan on March 19, 2009, 01:47:11 PM

_two_ (or depending how you count them, a bunch more) speaking characters.

Specifically, in addition to GLaDOS, there's also the Drones, right? "are you still there?" "I don't hate you..."

Balade

I have orange box for my pc (my desktop casting software doesn't do a good job at higher resolutions) Haven't beaten portal yet, got stuck somewhere in the back area  near the end, seem to have to crawl through a duct that i can't get into, got kinda annoying so I took a break from it. Anyways, still need to fill out time over the next few weeks so there's no rush to finish portal too fast, the PS3 only has so many games that can hold my interest.

As for Resistance: Fall of Man, my initial investigation seems to point at there being online co-op along the lines of team vs team. Offline co-op is storymode but  that's done with a split screen setup. I'll wait to hear if there is online co-op storymode, as seen during the weeks by my online soul calibur practicing i don't fare very well in competitive venues. Just send me your skype info and we'll figure out what time to organize the RE5 stuff for =)

Yeah in Portal all you really hear aside from ambient sound effects is GlaDOS talking to you and the drones whenever they pop up.

Mao

I also have SCIV.. but I suck.. hard.  I'll look at setting up Skype hopefully tonight (waiting on my pc to get back from the shop) and then see about setting it up in the living room on sunday night/afternoon.

Lisky

if mao is somehow unable, i can go and co-op RE5 as well... though as a heads up, i'm far enough into the game that i've got some equipment that, by comparison to the starting gear, is ridiculous... so yea, i'll have to go and collect some of the less powerful stuff, just so you don't standing behind me, while the waves of undead crash harmlessly upon my wall of bullets...  if mao ends up playing, i can always act as a guide if you want me to hop on skype as well...

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Balade

So I'll pick up RE5 and await the friend requests. So on sunday's menu will be Portal and RE5 =) along with the usual tom foolery.

As for recording and posting the casts for later viewing. I have noticed the download button in the archives doesn't seem to really give you anything, I CAN have FMLE save the broadcast while it's going on to the computer. Problem is it'll be a 5gb or so file, I'll take a look at it and see what I can do about making it available for download in a more manageable chunk

Mao

Sent you a friend request.  Should have some info explaining who I am.

Balade

Basilisk send a friend request as well so I can add you to my list.

Played through Portal last night and finally managed to get through the one part that was hanging me up on the pc version. So now I should be able to play through portal to the end over the next couple of weeks.

Mao

Still no word about my pc, if it's not ready by noon sunday my time, I'll have to bow out until next week unless I can get a computer from someone..  Hopefully it won't come to that.  I'll go up tonight and harass them again.  It shouldn't take this long to put in a new power supply.

I suppose the other option is to play without being in on the Skype call, which I'm sure many folks here wouldn't be adverse to.  :P

Sunblink

Quote from: Balade on March 19, 2009, 03:10:37 PM
I have orange box for my pc (my desktop casting software doesn't do a good job at higher resolutions) Haven't beaten portal yet, got stuck somewhere in the back area  near the end, seem to have to crawl through a duct that i can't get into, got kinda annoying so I took a break from it. Anyways, still need to fill out time over the next few weeks so there's no rush to finish portal too fast, the PS3 only has so many games that can hold my interest.

I got the Orange Box for my PC yesterday. Team Fortress 2 was really frustrating at first, but I'm a pretty good Medic. I think. I'm going by what my ex told me. :U

Mao

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on March 20, 2009, 11:16:37 AM
Quote from: Balade on March 19, 2009, 03:10:37 PM

I got the Orange Box for my PC yesterday. Team Fortress 2 was really frustrating at first, but I'm a pretty good Medic. I think. I'm going by what my ex told me. :U

I happen to have it for the PC as well...when I get it back a certain Black Jackal might have to team up with me. :3

Lisky

i'm slightly sad... my roommate took the PS3 home with him for the weekend(we split the cost, whoever finds 200$ in disposable income first is going to be the one to keep it at the end of the year)... he'll be back Sunday, so i'll have to add you then...

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

llearch n'n'daCorna

As far as the conversation goes, I'm happy to provide snarky commentary. Can't play, don't have steam, don't have windows, don't have any consoles that work (two broken DSes, though), but skype, I can do.

Go figure.

(and no, I don't expect anyone to take me up on that...)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Turnsky

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 20, 2009, 08:45:36 PM
As far as the conversation goes, I'm happy to provide snarky commentary. Can't play, don't have steam, don't have windows, don't have any consoles that work (two broken DSes, though), but skype, I can do.

Go figure.

(and no, I don't expect anyone to take me up on that...)

have steam, no TF2, or L4D..
have 360, no XBL gold..

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Balade

I am 360less so unfortunately no xbox games will be webcasted anytime soon for us. Val does want Kameo for Xbox so we may end up picking one up somepoint in the future when we have enough room to setup an extra system for playing.

Turnsky

Quote from: Balade on March 20, 2009, 10:43:53 PM
I am 360less so unfortunately no xbox games will be webcasted anytime soon for us. Val does want Kameo for Xbox so we may end up picking one up somepoint in the future when we have enough room to setup an extra system for playing.

luckily a lotta titles are going multiplatform, but if you do pick up a 360, i'd heartily suggest dead rising. It's a good, "clean" zombie game. I woulda suggested Bioshock, but that's also on the PS3, now.. good game, too.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Mao

My housemate has graciuosly offered me her laptop for tomorrow if needed.  :D