03/08/09 [DMFA #978] - Stay and Watch

Started by Raiettei, March 08, 2009, 03:39:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

inuhanyo

Quote from: DarkAudit on March 12, 2009, 11:16:53 PM
Quote from: inuhanyo on March 12, 2009, 08:15:21 PM
Because Amber would be perfectly justified in having him pop up in the main story at any time.  She'd put in some foreshadowing first, but it wouldn't take much.  And that's just because she takes into consideration that not everyone who reads DMFA also reads Abel's Story.

And in this case, there hasn't been. Showing up just out of the blue would be a deus ex machina, and quite the reach. Some of the speculation here has been too out there to let lie. Dan and Mab are the stars of the show, not Aniz and Fa'lina.

(And I'm looking over my shoulder half expecting the steamroller that *is* Aniz to show up, because my griping here will most certainly guarantee that is what was planned all along.  :U)

Not yet....  But all it would take to start it would be somebody seeing Abel around Lost Lake, and reacting with recognition.  Regina's foreshadowing was one panel hundreds of strips ago.

Let's face it, as much fun as it is to see Regina deservedly terrorised by Dan,  she's not up to his challenge level.   She's barely meat for level grinding.  Aniz, on the other hand, would present a challenge.  Even if Dee releases Dan from his vow to "avoid a fight with cubi at all costs", Aniz should still present a challenge.

Lego3400

Just because Dan and mab are the stars of the show doesn't mean the others can't have their turn in the spotlight. Some exist but I don't feel like pointing them out this late

DarkAudit

Quote from: Lego3400 on March 13, 2009, 01:29:14 AM
Just because Dan and mab are the stars of the show doesn't mean the others can't have their turn in the spotlight. Some exist but I don't feel like pointing them out this late

There's a difference between being in the spotlight occasionally, and constantly being cited as the invisible hand that turns all that has been said and done before.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....