[Art Exchange] Covert Courtesy Commutation ~ 6/8 gifts are up.

Started by Gabi, February 17, 2009, 08:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corgatha Taldorthar

I'm good in theory; in practice, RL has been kicking me, and anything I write is likely to be either extremely dark and sub-par from a prose standpoint. Or both. But why not? It's not like I could critically offend anyone with any of this, right?
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Sienna Maiu - M T

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on April 11, 2011, 08:17:53 PM
I'm good in theory; in practice, RL has been kicking me, and anything I write is likely to be either extremely dark and sub-par from a prose standpoint. Or both. But why not? It's not like I could critically offend anyone with any of this, right?
No doubt a person would still be more likely to appreciate and be flattered by your effort.
   Avatar by me. Signature image made from a picture by shadows-play on dA (circa 2007-2008).      :deadhorse
my art thread

Gabi

Yay! So we have Sienna, Basilisk, Liatai?, Inumo, Merlin and Corg. Anyone else?

Corg, it is possible to write something that's highly offensive to someone else. But I trust that you won't do that, right? This thread's about doing something nice for someone, not mentally scarring other players. >.>
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

llearch n'n'daCorna

... Dammit. That lets me out. :-/

Heck, I mentally scarred people at work by accident, today.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Jairus

It's been a long time since I did this. Maybe I should sign up again? Hiyo, ya'll. Sup?
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Liatai

I'm still interested! :3 Going to need to warm up my pencils, though, it's been a while since I drew much of anything.

Gabi

Yay! Then we have Sienna, Basilisk, Liatai, Inumo, Merlin, Corg, Jairus, llearch and e_voyager!

You have until Friday, 6th of May to turn in your gifts. You should all receive your assignments soon. Thanks for joining! ^_^

Gabi

The first set of questions is in.

Quote from: Merlin's gifterDo you have any preferences for what you'd like to see? Character, situations, clothing, so on and so on?

Quote from: Jairus's gifterDear Jairus how do you feel about ponys?

And Corgatha's gifter would like to know if he has a preference for written or drawn art, and if he has a character in mind.

Jairus

Dear Gifter,

Are you secretly Ren Gaulen in disguise? Because he's been asking me that question for weeks.

Um, I'm not really a fan of them. Actually, I'm getting quite sick of ponies, given how many I've seen over the last month or so. Memetic overload, basically.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Corgatha Taldorthar

No real preference for written as opposed to drawn. Do note though, that I'm something of an amateur writer myself. If you write something I *will* dissect it; and while I find the experience enjoyable, a lot of other people don't. Something drawn is more likely to elicit a much less articulate response.

Character wise, I don't really generalize, or make someone an "avatar". All of my characters are designed for specific settings, and if I were writing them, I'd make sure to stick them in them, which is semi-problematic if you don't also follow the same settings.

My two mainstream "characters" though, would be Kedered Aldoraethar from the Shattered Innocence RP, or Corgatha Taldorthar, from a now defunct WoT one. I used to have the bio up there, the closest (bastardized) account I have is here.

But really, don't worry. As annoying as I am, once I see a finished product, I'll almost certainly like it, no matter how particular I sound at the outset.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Merlin

Quote from: Gabi on April 15, 2011, 03:23:08 PM
Quote from: Merlin's gifterDo you have any preferences for what you'd like to see? Character, situations, clothing, so on and so on?

Situations, I don't have much of a preference, anything that comes to mind is fine by me! Hmm, I guess I'll leave it up to you between one of these characters:

Peony Talisman - Reference montage I guess, and a slightly verbose character page. I guess the brief character description is that pretty much all Peony does is contemplate how great she is.
And... I'm happy to see Peony as any furry with those markings in a single colour! She's got tons of disguises, after all. I mess up said markings regularly, though, as you might be able to tell from the reference montage being less-than consistent with how they go around the shoulders XD. Whatever seems good is fine with me!

Drake Piperion - Generic character page gooooo
Drake is blue... she uh, usually wears skimpy clothing in reds and yellows, or browns. She likes to keep her longass hair tied up in a ponytail. Her horns are a pain in the ass to draw. P:
I guess here's one of her in a comic, so you can see she has light blue palms and brown eyes. And talks too much, geez. She's usually pretty cranky.

Gabi

Sienna Maiu's gifter would like the general run of information. "Does she have a character she wants depicted, and if so, what he/she looks like, basic personality, run down on the character's bio, what they're usually doing, etc?"

Basilisk's gifter wants to know if there's any character/s in particular he wants drawn, any setting or what have you.

Merlin's gifter asks: "what's your opinion of the two Tron movies?"

Quote from: Liatai's gifterAny preferences for your art? Visual vs. written? Specific characters? Digital? Traditional? Both? Space monkeys?

Quote from: llearch's gifterOkay, so basically the same question as Merlin's gifter;
Quote from: Gabi on April 15, 2011, 03:23:08 PM
And that's it for now. I know I'll be asking more later.
Aaaah! Too many nested quotes! *Runs.*

Sienna Maiu - M T

Now, of course I have to go for my favourite and staple character, Sienna Maiu - Moonshine Tallgrass, as I know her the best of all of my characters.
She's an anthro feline with pink fur, a fluffy tail, purple stripes, long blonde hair, and hazel eyes (I typically depict them as an orange, but go crazy if you branch into the aspect). She's a friendly individual, occasionally self-conscious, typically seeming either cheerful or neutral in emotion. Occasional flare-ups, but anger is pushed by only certain people who seem to button mash all of the right buttons.

Character bio huh? I'll see what I can do... by stealing an outline from a contest submission I did once.

Name- Sienna Maiu - Moonshine Tallgrass
Age- Approximately 18-21.
Hair- blonde (orangey-red highlights)
Fur- pink with purple stripes
Eyes- hazel
Height- five feet, nine inches.
Build- slim (not skinny), but muscular (lithe, perhaps?)
Race- ? ? ?
Abilities- ability to manufacture and use portals capable of traversing time and space (limitations: she cannot be in the same place as she's already been; meaning she cannot be in two places at once) based on either magic or technology, depending on how the dimension she is in rewrites how it works. ability to use ice magic. ability to act as a leader. ? ? ?
Personality- Lively and friendly, quite talkative, but always polite.
(<-- okay, so that I copied right over from my other submission, but it applies here.)
History- ? ? ?

Clothes she's liable to wear:
She alwaysalwaysalways wears a necklace.
Go crazy, but likely to wear victorian-type, middle-ages type, tunics, dresses, leggings, (shoes or not is up to you), etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.

Personal Quotes- "Well, that's certainly one theory...  Let me tell you mine."

Pictures~ because everyone wants pictures! :D
markings: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/siennamaiu/reference2.png
man... I'm such a lazy-face. Here, have some colours... but that's all I can give for now.  Drop a line if you have any other questions, because I'm sure I was totally uninformative :B  http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/siennamaiu/th_colours4.jpg

[edit, because: Way to go me. I left half of the response floating in limbo on a notepad.]
   Avatar by me. Signature image made from a picture by shadows-play on dA (circa 2007-2008).      :deadhorse
my art thread

Merlin

Quote from: Gabi on April 16, 2011, 11:46:23 AM
Merlin's gifter asks: "what's your opinion of the two Tron movies?"

Never saw the second, but the first was whomg kickass yessssss

dammit, wish I had a copy of it in this country, now I really wanna watch it ah man

Gabi

Merlin, have you tried a video club?

Quote from: e's gifterSo, what would you like me to write about, then? Any preferences or suggestions?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: llearch's gifter
Do you have any preferences for what you'd like to see? Character, situations, clothing, so on and so on?

Uh. I hadn't thought about it, actually.

Hrm. How about exchanging Art? As in, "Hi, I bought this Art here the other day, but when I got home, it didn't match. Can I swap him for Simon or Paul?"

Gabi

Quote from: llearch's gifteruhh... I'm thinking that I shall need some further explanation on that one.

Lisky

Lets get Ed some love this month.  Depending on how you want to do it, he's either a changeling or incubus rogue... known for being a bit unpredictable

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e268/EWork88/1266076671halfdoctor_basileppng.jpg

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e268/EWork88/EdOops.jpg

If you need anything else, just lemme know :3

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Sienna Maiu - M T

huh.  So, I was just checking my post and the word 'oops' comes to mind.
Fix'd link: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/siennamaiu/colours4.jpg
And another picture, just because: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/siennamaiu/Avatars/Sienna-av9.png (it honestly doesn't matter what the necklace looks like)
my art thread

Gabi

Bas, your gifter wants to know what colour Ed's eyes are. (Yes, sometimes I put a 'u' in there and sometimes I don't.)

Corgatha Taldorthar

One thing I just wanted to throw out to my gifter. I suggested Corg and Ked as possibilities, but I don't want to tie your hands. They're both RP characters, and I view them akin to toys, albeit favored toys. As long as the story or picture is something I can enjoy, I don't really have any particular preference to seeing my characters as a part of it.

Lisky

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Gabi on April 16, 2011, 07:17:21 PM
Quote from: llearch's gifteruhh... I'm thinking that I shall need some further explanation on that one.

*snerk* Colour me surprised. I was making a joke. Honestly, I don't have any particular preferences, though. If you can think of something, go to it. I'm not going to object.

Gabi

Merlin's gifter has no questions. Yes, I've actually been asked to make a post to notify Merlin of the lack of questions. His gifter has an idea and wants to see how well it'll work.

In other news, absolutely nothing happened in Sector 83 by 9 by 12 today.

Gabi

This just in.

Quote from: Sienna Maiu-MT's gifterTo Sienna Maiu,

Is your character one that fits in the DMFA cosmology, i.e. is she a being, some kind of creature? etc.

Does she go to school? Does she have a job? Hobbies? She can make portals, but what are her goals, what does she do and why?

Liatai

Hi there, gifter!

I really have no preference when it comes to writing or visual art; whatever you feel the muse for is A-OK by me. c: If all else fails, just do something with a dragon in it, and I'll be happy.

But, if you want to focus on a specific character... I don't really have an avatar character, but I have a whole host of characters to choose from. If you're looking for something with a DMFA flair, I have Tamika Coris (bottom left, with another head shot to the right of the bird), a red panda succubus belonging to Hatila clan, which has an affinity for comfort. She is an innkeeper and a healer, known for her no-nonsense demeanor. She'll heal you and make sure you're safe, warm, and dry, but she'll be telling you how stupid the idea of jumping off the roof was while she does it. (She's also known to put people causing trouble at her inn to work fixing the damages they caused while wearing aprons that say "I Caused Trouble at the Thicket Inn and Got Caught.") She has a chipper little warp-aci named Rikki, who in one roleplay the two were involved in, actually managed to bash a death knight's head in with a hammer and slice through another one with his tail due to some lucky rolls. He brags about it a lot. c:

If you're willing to go outside DMFA, I run a Dungeons and Dragons campaign on the weekends and would love to see something with some NPCs from the campaign. The campaign actually has a wiki, with an NPC page; if you see one that tickles your fancy, I can provide more details on any of them. I would especially like to see something with my two drow brothers, though; Zairith and Rhylinar. Zairith is a half-drow wizard, an enchanter by trade, extremely intelligent, and displays a cool, almost academic detachment from most people. Rhylinar, on the other hand, is an easygoing rogue and troublemaker, extroverted, cheerful, and tricky as the day is long. Their relationship can best be summed up by... well, this image. :D Though, Zairith gives as good as he gets, in his own way. Zairith is in a relationship with a yuan-ti pureblood named Lethiriss, and has a one-eyed tortoiseshell cat named LiNeer as a familiar.

If you're looking to include Rhylinar in a piece of writing, I can point you to this log of a mini-session where one of the PCs (Sszeyl, a drow monk) spent a lot of time talking and sparring with him. If you need something where Zairith played a more prominent role, though, let me know and I can look through the logs for you.

Sienna Maiu - M T

Hmm... interesting questions... I'll answer what I can.
No, she does not fit into the DMFA universe, though she does share similarities to some of the races therein.
I suppose the best classification I can give is that; she has finished her schooling and that she is... a bodyguard.
She likes to read and talk (with people, generally speaking). She also likes dressing up in pretty clothes and coming up with the occasional plot, just for silliness' sake.

Any other questions; just drop the game moderator a line. (hearts out to Gabi~)
my art thread

e_voyager

Quote from: Gabi on April 16, 2011, 06:42:02 PM
Merlin, have you tried a video club?

Quote from: e's gifterSo, what would you like me to write about, then? Any preferences or suggestions?

well if you want to write something i can give you a few picture to choose from. would you like this? not all of them would be of me though.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Gabi

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 17, 2011, 03:19:40 PM
*snerk* Colour me surprised.
That can be arranged.

Also;
So, I hear you like monkeys.

Quote from: e's gifterThat would be nice, thankyou.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 17, 2011, 03:19:40 PM
*snerk* Colour me surprised.
That can be arranged.

*bwahahahahaha* Okay, so I asked for that one. I congratulate you, sir (or ma'am, as appropriate), for a deft twist. I believe your work is done here. ;-]

Also;
So, I hear you like monkeys.

I like monkeys, yes. Or, rather, my avatar is infested with monkeys. You may wish to draw up anything based on any of my avatars, as you wish: that would be the Box, the Stoat (Weaselly wecognised as being Stoatally different), or the monkeys, as you wish. Images may be found here, and I really should update that with the last image that Turnsky drew for me, which I've not had time to avatar-ise (over here)

That enough detail to get you going?