02/16/09 [DMFA #973] - piddle self and run

Started by Lisky, February 15, 2009, 10:52:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmigaDragon

Quote from: jimsan on February 19, 2009, 12:05:08 AM
QuoteI wonder if Dan's remark in 301 "It's not like you are the first girl to try and slaughter me painfully..." is a reference to his first encounter with Regina?

Good call! Although this might refer to the bird girl from comic #911 and any number of others we don't know about as well as Regina. (Interesting fact, when you search google for "can it be am fight time now", there is only one result!)

I doubt that's referring to Aliyka. And besides, in that instance, I think she just wanted to beat him to a pulp for stuffing her in a closet.
BTW, looking at Shanna again going into the fight, I notice she has no pupils, just like Rremly in Catharsis comic.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Baal Hadad

Quote from: inuhanyo on February 19, 2009, 12:50:31 AM
Also, if the dragons did know of Dan as Destania's son, and only thought he died during his encounter with Regina or a similar incident... But the theory that they never knew ReginaDestinia Destania reproduced is sounding more solid. I doubt they would be so sloppy as to not verify the son of one they hunted was dead,
And Bigg's facetious invitation was worded "... don't know you exist..." rather than "... think you are dead...".  Given the circumstances, not an ironclad piece of evidence, but suggestive.

I agree, that makes more sense.  I don't know that they think Destania's dead either, since Biggs said they didn't know where she was.  If she were dead it wouldn't matter--unless it was the possibility of being UN-dead....

Hmm....

Too many possibilities!

Turnsky

Quote from: Baal Hadad on February 19, 2009, 01:49:40 AM
I agree, that makes more sense.  I don't know that they think Destania's dead either, since Biggs said they didn't know where she was.  If she were dead it wouldn't matter--unless it was the possibility of being UN-dead....

Hmm....

Too many possibilities!

considering the cubi, i don't think they'd let that happen, truth be told, undead seems fairly relegated to beings or beings with creature heritage like devin. must be because they're fairly easy to 'create' and easy to make the corpse.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Tapewolf

Quote from: Turnsky on February 19, 2009, 07:36:53 AM
considering the cubi, i don't think they'd let that happen, truth be told, undead seems fairly relegated to beings or beings with creature heritage like devin. must be because they're fairly easy to 'create' and easy to make the corpse.
If I remember correctly, they have to die within 24 hours of being bitten.  With Angels, Demons and 'Cubi it's easier to do the biting part to them than the dying part - especially if you need them to remain sufficiently whole to un-die afterwards.

As for Devin's heritage, I recently began to wonder if his daddy was an Angel.  It would explain the light blue colour, it would explain why he left (seeing Devin without wings) and Angels seem to have a bit of a problem making more Angels instead of Beings.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

jimsan

Quote from: Baal Hadad on February 19, 2009, 01:49:40 AM
Quote from: inuhanyo on February 19, 2009, 12:50:31 AM
Also, if the dragons did know of Dan as Destania's son, and only thought he died during his encounter with Regina or a similar incident... But the theory that they never knew ReginaDestinia Destania reproduced is sounding more solid. I doubt they would be so sloppy as to not verify the son of one they hunted was dead,
And Bigg's facetious invitation was worded "... don't know you exist..." rather than "... think you are dead...".  Given the circumstances, not an ironclad piece of evidence, but suggestive.

Hmm....

Too many possibilities!

Actually, I think the reason they kidnapped Dan's dad was to get to Destania, so they know she's alive. She mentioned somewhere that the only reason he's still alive is because they can't find her.
Quote from: Tapewolf on February 19, 2009, 10:30:13 AM
Quote from: Turnsky on February 19, 2009, 07:36:53 AM
If I remember correctly, they have to die within 24 hours of being bitten.  With Angels, Demons and 'Cubi it's easier to do the biting part to them than the dying part - especially if you need them to remain sufficiently whole to un-die afterwards.

As for Devin's heritage, I recently began to wonder if his daddy was an Angel.  It would explain the light blue colour, it would explain why he left (seeing Devin without wings) and Angels seem to have a bit of a problem making more Angels instead of Beings.

Woah, I didn't even catch that about Devin... although a father walking out on his son wouldn't be very angel-like... :mowsad
Remember the past.
Prepare for the future.
Live in the present.

Tapewolf

Quote from: jimsan on February 19, 2009, 04:39:56 PM
Woah, I didn't even catch that about Devin... although a father walking out on his son wouldn't be very angel-like... :mowsad

Well, his mother rambled about killing Devin 'like the others'.  Assuming she wasn't entirely delirious, it suggests to me that Devin was the last attempt before the father gave up and tried partnering with someone else, and that if he hadn't left, they'd have killed Devin too.

As for being angel-like, don't confuse DMFA Angels with their Christianic namesakes.  DMFA Angels aren't inherently good, and Demons aren't inherently evil - it's just what they're called in the series.

Not that Christian angels are necessarily nice either - see The Prophecy, or read the Old Testament.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 19, 2009, 04:53:18 PM
Not that Christian angels are necessarily nice either - see The Prophecy, or read the Old Testament.

I wouldn't necessarily class them as "not nice"

More sort of, well, "you're not necessarily on their side", with all that that implies about enemies. And they don't have a Geneva Convention...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

jimsan

QuoteAs for being angel-like, don't confuse DMFA Angels with their Christianic namesakes.
Heh, don't take me too seriously  :P, I figured since there were good demons there could be bad angels. The thought just struck me as funny. (Although re-reading the bio on the angel race was quite enlightening)
The multiple "failures" does seem kinda harsh though... even then if it comes out an angel it might be sterile! Sucks to be an angel...
It looks like Dan's cubi clan may have intermingled with angels at one time or another, as well. (going by the coloration and feathers)

Dan....... part angel....... OMGZ DAN IS STERILE!!!!111!!!1  :mowdizzy :<  :B
Remember the past.
Prepare for the future.
Live in the present.

inuhanyo

Read the Cubi page.  In fact the in universe joke (or half serious speculation) is that Cubi are the result of Angel/Demon mating.

Addendum: Also check the Cubi Hybrid Genetics page.

Aleolus

:U  :mwaha I LOVE Regina's face in the last panel!  Apparently she didn't realize that Dan was Cubi, otherwise she most likely never would have messed with him.

Tapewolf

I was searching for something when I came across this:
http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php/topic,4259.msg180943.html#msg180943
...in retrospect I found it kind of amusing.

information-dead

i agree, the last panel was very funny. and regina's face makes me wonder if she wet herself.