06/02/09 [PF #51] - Hanging out

Started by Ren Gaulen, February 06, 2009, 03:18:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ren Gaulen

Poor Dorcan. :< At least he got it better than Joshua - the latter was dying for two whole pages. :[

**EDIT**
Fixed format
-TW

Jairus

And Joshua had to die twice. Sucks. Still, dang, quite a way to kickstart the new chapter. And very complicated too, looks nice.

:giggle
... um... oh dear... how to explain this? Um, Dorcan's last name is "Ja'Fell." The thing is, in German, "Ja" is pronounced "Ya." So, I read his headstone as "Dorcan Ya'Fell." And he was executed through hanging. Sorry, but it kinda killed the mood for me.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Jairus on February 06, 2009, 03:31:10 PM
... um... oh dear... how to explain this? Um, Dorcan's last name is "Ja'Fell." The thing is, in German, "Ja" is pronounced "Ya." So, I read his headstone as "Dorcan Ya'Fell." And he was executed through hanging. Sorry, but it kinda killed the mood for me.
:dface

Argh! D:<

Tapewolf

I don't believe, that in the 18 months or so since Dorcan was created, that I ever made that connection.  Especially since it is pronounced that way.
The name derivation is actually more a fall from grace - clan Ja'Fell were originally rebels from a larger, more powerful clan.

Now that I think about it, he didn't have a surname when chapter 7 was first published.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Amber Williams

*snrk* I wuv oo Jairus. :3

And that is why you cannot trust wimmenz. And all Cubi should just be gay. :U

Tapewolf

Quote from: Amber Williams on February 06, 2009, 03:44:33 PM
There was a babe... what are you complaining about?  :P

Ren Gaulen

My little bro is just something, ain't he? :3

And that is why you cannot trust wimmenz.
I actually feel sorry for Linda here. She really liked Dorcan, just realized it too late. :c

And all Cubi should just be gay. :U
HELL YEAH! :kirby

..Female Cubi as well? >:3

Mao

Wait...doesn't that mean we can't trust you Amber?  Hmm.. I'm on to you and your wimmenz friends.

Amber Williams

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 06, 2009, 03:46:27 PM

I am not sure of the babifications of this specimen. You may need to show further evidence of babitude, preferrably in a beach-attire control setting...so I may judge properly. :3

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Amber Williams on February 06, 2009, 03:49:57 PM

I am not sure of the babifications of this specimen. You may need to show further evidence of babitude, preferrably in a beach-attire control setting...so I may judge properly. :3
I am currently working on it. >:3

Tapewolf

Nnnkk... I tried so hard to put this thread in US date format and managed to screw it up anyway  :<

Sunblink

And Joshua had to die twice. Sucks. Still, dang, quite a way to kickstart the new chapter. And very complicated too, looks nice.

AHAHAHAHAHA

Oh god. I laughed. Hard.

Also, Tapewolf, I didn't know that Ja'Fell was pronounced like Yah-Fell. WHAT ELSE HAVEN'T YOU TOLD ME.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on February 06, 2009, 03:52:35 PM
Also, Tapewolf, I didn't know that Ja'Fell was pronounced like Yah-Fell. WHAT ELSE HAVEN'T YOU TOLD ME.
You didn't ask!

Sunblink

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 06, 2009, 03:53:22 PM
You didn't ask!

Oh, well.

I'm still not telling you anything important about my methods of pronunciation as petulant retaliation. >:[

Jairus

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on February 06, 2009, 03:50:49 PM
Quote from: Amber Williams on February 06, 2009, 03:49:57 PM

I am currently working on it. >:3
I look forward to the results of your observations, bro.

:shy Gee, thanks. Glad you liked it.

Should I not read too deeply into that last sentence there?

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 06, 2009, 03:36:56 PM

I don't believe, that in the 18 months or so since Dorcan was created, that I ever made that connection.  Especially since it is pronounced that way.
The name derivation is actually more a fall from grace - clan Ja'Fell were originally rebels from a larger, more powerful clan.

Now that I think about it, he didn't have a surname when chapter 7 was first published.
Should I feel sorry for saying that? Though, the whole "fall from grace" thing kinda makes sense.

*snip*

AHAHAHAHAHA

Oh god. I laughed. Hard.

Again, glad that you guys found it funny.

I've killed the mood, haven't I?

Ren Gaulen

Amber Williams

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jairus on February 06, 2009, 03:58:06 PM
Should I feel sorry for saying that? Though, the whole "fall from grace" thing kinda makes sense.
I'll reserve judgement.  Nonetheless, if I'd known this was going to happen I'd have mentioned Sgt. Pepper in the strip comment instead of just the rant and killed the mood myself.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Amber Williams on February 06, 2009, 04:00:21 PM
I've killed the mood, haven't I?

Dead like a doberman. :U
Dorcan does not approve of you people making fun of him.

Sunblink

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 06, 2009, 04:01:07 PM
I'll reserve judgement.  Nonetheless, if I'd known this was going to happen I'd have mentioned Sgt. Pepper in the strip comment instead of just the rant and killed the mood myself.

To be honest, your avatar is looking very appropriate given this moment. I think you should keep it whenever you're moderating this crazy, crazy forum. :B

I would have said something more productive, but I really told you everything that I could possibly say before this topic was made.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on February 06, 2009, 04:03:46 PM
To be honest, your avatar is looking very appropriate given this moment. I think you should keep it whenever you're moderating this crazy, crazy forum. :B
Ren said it was looking at him funny, so I was going to flip it around.  Now I might not.

**EDIT**
For posterity:

Amber Williams

I'm sure Dorcan did not approve of a few things that seems to have happened to him in recent events.

Then again, he got taken out by a pitchfork mob and some rope...so he must have been one of the wimpy Cubi. :P

Tapewolf

Quote from: Amber Williams on February 06, 2009, 04:06:15 PM
Then again, he got taken out by a pitchfork mob and some rope...so he must have been one of the wimpy Cubi. :P

If you look carefully, you'll see a glow around his arms.  These were originally supposed to be enchanted, magic-draining bracers (people who've played Morrowind should know this one) but I forgot to tell Ren they were there.
Either way, a successful witch-hunt has to have some means of subduing Creatures or else the 'Cubi will hang them instead.

Noone

I figured Dorcan might also be reluctant to start fighting off the crowd in front of his girlfriend. Even if he was in every right, defending himself, I figure a relationship would not go over well if one of them is constantly being harassed by angry mobs, and they would likely increase, *especially* if he kills any of them.

Amber Williams

Bah! I negate your logic and replace it with my own.

And my logic claims Dorcan is a wussy. :3

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Amber Williams on February 06, 2009, 04:06:15 PM
..Maybe they had some Daemonhunters at hand? I heard those guys can be pretty mean. :B

Tapewolf

Quote from: Amber Williams on February 06, 2009, 04:13:36 PM

Bit of both, really.

As for Jairus, I'm afraid I cannot forgive him for what he's done to my thread:

http://project-future.xepher.net/stuff/things/pf51-jairus.png

Amber Williams

Oh god. The dummies as the background figures. I can see their souless eyes. The eeeeeeyes. D:

Jairus

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 06, 2009, 04:24:01 PM
Quote from: Amber Williams on February 06, 2009, 04:13:36 PM

Bit of both, really.

As for Jairus, I'm afraid I cannot forgive him for what he's done to my thread:

http://project-future.xepher.net/stuff/things/pf51-jairus.png
*snrkbvwahaahaahaha!* Oh, dear, I guess I did deserve that. What if I said I was really really sorry?

Quote from: Amber Williams on February 06, 2009, 04:26:59 PM
Oh god. The dummies as the background figures. I can see their souless eyes. The eeeeeeyes. D:
Yeah... Tape, could you have made those dummies any creepier?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jairus on February 06, 2009, 04:30:24 PM
*snrkbvwahaahaahaha!* Oh, dear, I guess I did deserve that. What if I said I was really really sorry?
Then I might not pull the lever  :3

QuoteYeah... Tape, could you have made those dummies any creepier?
Apparently not.