02/02/09 [DMFA #967] - Glowy Rat

Started by Lisky, February 02, 2009, 12:00:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Quote from: Baal Hadad on February 04, 2009, 06:13:15 PM
Does that mean Fi's a male?  I mean, I always suspected but I thought Fi wasn't supposed to have a sex....

AFAIK, Amber always refers to Fi as 'it'.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Tiger_T

One could start referring to Fi as 'they' ;)
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

Koben

So now that the rant is no longer available, how about someone answering what that shirt is referencing?

Pagan

Quote from: Tiger_T on February 04, 2009, 06:43:39 PM
One could start referring to Fi as 'they' ;)

But "They" is not a singular pronoun. "They" is gender neutral, but it is plural. Thus, referring to Fi as "They" is grammatically incorrect. So use "Him" as his personality seems to lean towards male, or use "It," which is gender neutral and singular.

That and Amber has apparently referred to Fi as "It," which is about as canon as you'll get.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

AmigaDragon

You could conceivably call Fi "they" if it had a multiple personality disorder. :mowwink

----------------
Now playing on Winamp: Henri Duparc - Chanson Triste (Classical Minnesota Public Radio)
via FoxyTunes
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Jairus

Quote from: AmigaDragon on February 08, 2009, 02:04:42 AM
You could conceivably call Fi "they" if it had a multiple personality disorder. :mowwink
We are the Fi. Lower your mind shields and surrender your forms. We will add your magical and biological distinctiveness to our own. Your existence will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.

Wow, who knew that cute could be so dangerous?
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Emerauld Drathmir

Quote from: Jairus on February 08, 2009, 02:23:49 AMWe are the Fi. Lower your mind shields and surrender your forms. We will add your magical and biological distinctiveness to our own. Your existence will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.

Wow, who knew that cute could be so dangerous?
OMFG  You have just given me an insanely crazy idea!

*wanders off to get out the sketchbook*
Yoho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me...Darn it Bean, no Looting until after dinner!
--Home of Angst Technology/Weak-end Warriors/Sorry We're Open, and InkTank-now back from hiatus.

Tiger_T

Well, I have heard on different occasions, that " If neither 'He' nor 'She' ca be determined - and 'It' would be depreciative; 'They' is the way to go." in english.

So that's what I would use.
That or I'd just say 'Fi' instead. *shrugs*

Anyway:
Apparently Amber thinks 'It' is good enough, so... :rolleyes
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

Koben

So uhm, seriously, what's the shirt referencing?

Tezkat

Quote from: Pagan on February 08, 2009, 12:29:11 AM
But "They" is not a singular pronoun. "They" is gender neutral, but it is plural. Thus, referring to Fi as "They" is grammatically incorrect.

"They" has been in use as a singular pronoun for more than a century. Thanks to all that political correctness stuff in the past decade or two, it's become the preferred gender neutral pronoun--both singular and plural.

Please update your grammar for the 21st century. :mowtongue

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Koben on February 08, 2009, 06:32:14 PM
So uhm, seriously, what's the shirt referencing?
Some other webcomic, I'm not entirely sure what one though.

Tiger_T

Tigriel's got a guest: