01/09/09 [Abel 2 #42] - College

Started by AndersW, January 08, 2009, 11:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MT Hazard

Quote from: senrath on January 11, 2009, 12:22:55 PM
Quote from: MT Hazard on January 11, 2009, 09:51:04 AM
Aaryanna: Pain?

According to the cast page, Aaryanna's favorite foods are passion and pain.

Abel's favourite food is listed as confusion (and roast duck) but his affinity is misery.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Alondro

Quote from: DarkAudit on January 11, 2009, 03:04:55 PM
Quote from: Alondro on January 09, 2009, 09:30:24 AM
Quote from: Slowtini on January 09, 2009, 01:40:45 AM
Cookie ACI made me smile. :>

For a second I thought the clan-marking on it WAS a cookie.

Ah yes, the infamous Cookie Cubi Clan, whose downfall was conspired by cleptomaniac Claude Cooper from Cleveland who clipped their clean copper clappers.

:>

And if I catch cleptomaniac Claude Cooper from Cleveland who clipped my clean copper clappers out of the closet, I'll clobber him.

I was waiting for someone to figure that out!   ;)
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Chaos

Negative emotions does not mean negative action to get said emotion. I could see a fear/pain cubi working as a nurse, or a distrust cubi purposely "stalking" someone to tap them on the shoulder and day "you dropped this, miss." and hand them a 20...

Give me a negative emotion and I will tell you how I would use it to make my life pure awesome.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Chaos on January 17, 2009, 03:59:32 AM
Negative emotions does not mean negative action to get said emotion.

Give me a negative emotion and I will tell you how I would use it to make my life pure awesome.
Just so - it's going to depend on the attitude of the 'Cubi.  I had a skit in one of my stories where the lead character - a fear incubus - goes to eat out by watching a horror film at the cinema.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

!KCA

Quote from: Chaos on January 17, 2009, 03:59:32 AM

Do disgust.

Once you're done with that, try boredom.

Corgatha Taldorthar

I'll try my hand. Both disgust and boredom could be easily done through teaching. Disgust I'd do bio labs, the ones which smell of formaldehyde and the teacher announces "Today we'll be dissecting worms. Put them in alcohol to stun them, and try not to hit any arteries as you cut. If you can keep them alive, you'll be able to see the aortic rings at work" (Which was a real lab I did. Except all of us killed our worms)

Boredom. Try history. Or literature. There are always lots of people who don't understand those subjects and are bored to tears by them.

Remember, education is the future!
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

MT Hazard

I have considered that true courage is a large amount of fear with the will to go though with it anyway.

Therefore a cubi that fed on fear could encourage people to perform courageous acts to get that distinct flavour.

(Yes, that was a detail of a character I designed, see a couple of posts back to find out what happened to them, considering how complicated Dan's full emotional infinity is I figured 'courage' feeding could even be common)
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Magic

Well, you're right. Courageous acts are done out of obligation beyond one's own fears; the underlying fear therein exists and said courageous person fears, but that's besides the point. It'd be a lot better to keep a person hanging between that abject cowardice and moment of courage for as long as a 'cubi can, or more ideally, forever.

There are people in this world that think about doing courageous things but never carry it out. They fall short of commitment and wallow in self-pity. They're the most delicious treats a fear 'cubi could ever set their eyes on. People who are afraid of themselves, what others would think about them, or simply, afraid to die.

Just my thoughts. If I wanted fear, I'd get fear, not courage.
True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)

Sofox

Quote from: Amber Williams on January 09, 2009, 03:17:06 PM
Panel Four: The two mythos in the forefront are a particular type of Mythos that are always born as twins. The silver is male, the gold female. Despite the gender difference and two bodies, they consider themselves a single individual.  Dating is always an odd thing since basically one has to be dating the both of them and most other races tend to not get around the idea of the two not being a seperate individual.
I had an idea for something like that a while back, only in this case it was a boy and a girl born at the same time but on opposite sides of the world. I was just interested in how someone would deal with having two simultaneous lives, having two completely different perspectives on life (different families, different schools, different truths etc.) which would give them so much knowlege on how the world worked and how a universe of difference could exist between each individual person. It also occurred to me what things would and wouldn't be shared. Since there are still two brains, one could learn something like archery, while the other would still be a bad shot. The other one would still understand the principals, theory, and emotions of archery; but just wouldn't have the muscle memory.

Incidentally, this sorta links in with a theory I have on time travel. If you travel back to meet a past self, your minds will resonate with eachother strongly making thoughts and feelings hard to distinguish and your single soul will become shared between the two bodies.