WotLK: A Tribute to Arthas [WoW Nerd Warning]

Started by Elieana, November 25, 2008, 06:30:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elieana

<If I am posting this in the wrong area please let me know>

Alright, <true> story time! So, ever since WotLK's release, I have discovered that Blizzard designed Arthas to be very... umm... Not... ugly >:3 Anywho! I've developed a little (and completely non-creepy) crush on him (mostly for jokes and giggles in my guild). Well, a couple of hours ago I managed to find my way into Icecrown... and, knowing me and my suicidal attempts to get what I want, I ventured in (although it is an 80 zone, and I am barely 74 ^^). I did manage to kill a handful of 80 undead, but the 2.5k experience for each kill wasn't really worth the 60g repair bill (in my opinion it was, but others might not think so). So, I got to Arthas' castle, only to find the door (durr....) shut and locked, upon which the two elites guarding his door (after I ran though all of the other ones...there were HUNDREDS by the way) killed me. So, I am sitting as a ghost in front of the Spirit Healer when suddenly... I ask my friend (who happened to be in a group with me, laughing at my insanity) if I should just give up. Before he could reply, I found myself... breaking out in song. I thought "Hey! This is pretty funny for pulling it out of my ass on the spot!" so I thought I would share it with the peeps here. I modified it as little as possible (really just fixed a few words to make them make sense, fixed a typo or two), but it is still pretty original and unedited. Ahem. And, without further adieu, I give you... A Tribute to Arthas.

Elieana: Should I just go back home? [pauses] No! I musn't! [breaks into song]

I felt his presence watching over me when I came into his land;
No matter how far I reached, he could not reach out his hand;
And though, I know, he is far from me, I cannot help but stay;
And now I stand, strong and true, for he and I shall say;
'I know we are different, so different;
But still I cannot help but feel this waaaaaaaay';
Oooooooh I cannot wait for the day we meet;
For that shall be the day;
The day that he takes me in his arms, in his arms is where I'll stay;
For it is he and I, me and him, us, together, forever;
I know that others will mock and say that we shall never;
But alas, I cannot care;
For he is mine, and I am his, oh can't they understand?;
The day will come when we are as one, when we shall walk hand in hand;
Oh I know that he is with me, with me here and now;
For these strange voices they whisper, 'Just turn back and leave'
But even though I'm hacked and mangled, my remains are likely cleaved;
I know in my heart we were meant to be...
And so... for he, I sing...
Even though... we are different...
Oh, so different... in many ways...
I cannot help myself... to love him...
Love him... in this strange, and creepy...
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay...

[sighs]

P.S. - My boyfriend will probably say something along the lines of "You never wrote a song for me :cry"

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Elieana on November 25, 2008, 06:30:26 AM
P.S. - My boyfriend will probably say something along the lines of "You never wrote a song for me :cry"

To which I'd respond: "You never had your minions hack me into a mangled corpse in front of your massive stone door outside your castle. :-P"

;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Elieana

Hahahaha, yeaaaah :3 They hacked and mangled me with his love <3

Dekari

If you haven't already, just roll a Death Knight and you can hangout with him in Ebon Hold.  He will even talk to you while you go off and murder the lowely town folk in his name  :mwaha
I somehow get the feeling that you didn't think your cunning plan all the way through.

Thanks go to Kipiru and Rhyfe for the art work used in avatars.

http://drakedekari.deviantart.com/

Mao

Yeah, I have to say that was one of the neat parts of rolling a DK.  Who knew the Litch King himself would be bothering with a lowly DK like me.

Elieana

Oh I know! I LOVED doing the DK starter place! Nearly fell out of my chair with girlish swoons ^^

Mao

While I didn't have girlish swoons, I did giggle quite a bit as I went about terrorizing citizens and wreaking havok on their little town.  My housemate actually demanded that I stop laughing maniacally.   :animesweat

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Mao Laoren on November 26, 2008, 02:56:56 PM
While I didn't have girlish swoons, I did giggle quite a bit as I went about terrorizing citizens and wreaking havok on their little town.  My housemate actually demanded that I stop laughing maniacally.   :animesweat

... did you laugh maniacally in response to his request?

Mao

No.  Her whining would have drove me mad if I didn't comply.

*woo!  post 666*

llearch n'n'daCorna

Kenji

Arthas looks fugly. o_O
Death Knight starting area rocked though. I do admit that.
I find it ironic I went frost with him...

Kenji

Mao

I dunno, he has his own, rugged, "I-will-destroy-you-and-all-you-love" kind of a appeal.

I know I can't wait to meet up with him... especially since I just bought a hold over computer until I can get my laptop fixed.  :animesweat

Elieana

Quote from: Kenji on November 26, 2008, 11:55:22 PM

=dies=

Quote from: Mao Laoren on November 27, 2008, 09:24:33 AM
I dunno, he has his own, rugged, "I-will-destroy-you-and-all-you-love" kind of a appeal.

That's what makes him so hot :nod

Mao

Quote from: Elieana on November 27, 2008, 08:36:20 PM
That's what makes him so hot :nod

Well that and his voice.  I love the voice they gave him in game.  Makes me look forward to foiling his plans constantly just to get him ranting at me (or which ever of his generals I just defeated).

Elieana

Quote from: Mao Laoren on December 04, 2008, 10:46:33 AM
Well that and his voice.  I love the voice they gave him in game.  Makes me look forward to foiling his plans constantly just to get him ranting at me (or which ever of his generals I just defeated).

Ooooh! That's also good!!! :yeahthat

Rakala

I really enjoy the new WoW commercial with Ozzy Osbourne.

Elieana

Ooooh don't bring the "Prince of Darkness" into this conversation about THE Prince of Darkness!

:spidey

Mao

Hey now, give the Ozzman some credit.  In his day he was a pretty scary and menacing fellow.  Times have changed and new powers have risen (Arthas, for one), but that's no reason to forget about those who paved the way.  Think of Ozzy as one of the forefathers.

Paladin Sheppard

Well Ozzy got pwned by Arthas anyways so its all good  :mwaha

Turnsky

Quote from: Mao Laoren on December 05, 2008, 02:30:48 PM
Hey now, give the Ozzman some credit.  In his day he was a pretty scary and menacing fellow.  Times have changed and new powers have risen (Arthas, for one), but that's no reason to forget about those who paved the way.  Think of Ozzy as one of the forefathers.

Rock vs Frostmourne, tough choice, that.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

DarkAudit

Quote from: Paladin Sheppard on December 05, 2008, 03:41:59 PM
Well Ozzy got pwned by Arthas anyways so its all good  :mwaha

But Arthas made Sharon mad.

Bye, Arthas! nice knowin' ya! D:
The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

Elieana

Quote from: DarkAudit on December 09, 2008, 11:07:06 PM

Aaaw...I didn't get to know him as well as I would have liked :(

Mao

Well, you could always try to get to know Sharon Osbourne....but I don't recommend it.

DarkAudit

Quote from: Elieana on December 10, 2008, 10:02:38 AM
Quote from: DarkAudit on December 09, 2008, 11:07:06 PM

Aaaw...I didn't get to know him as well as I would have liked :(

He'll get to know *you* eventually.

Without spoiling anything, he pops up from time to time as you make your way through Northrend.

Mao

Yes he does and I lurves it.  I'll always enjoy the sound of that voice.   :U

Though I have to admit, I've seen a lot more of him than I would have anticipated on my long quest to get my rogue to 80.  Maybe by the time I get my DK and S.Priest to 80 I'll get tired of it.. but I doubt it.

Elieana

Heh, I know ^^ I'm 80, and have currently done most of the quests where I get to see/be Arthas ;D It's fabulous! :boogie

By the way o: Icecrown is the BEST zone in the expansion... Not just because I like Arthas .-.

Turnsky

Quote from: Elieana on December 10, 2008, 05:30:42 PM
Heh, I know ^^ I'm 80, and have currently done most of the quests where I get to see/be Arthas ;D It's fabulous! :boogie

By the way o: Icecrown is the BEST zone in the expansion... Not just because I like Arthas .-.

i keep expecting to see Captain Scarlet on the skybreaker.  >:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

DarkAudit

Quote from: Elieana on December 10, 2008, 05:30:42 PM

I'm ~60% into 79 and I'm only about halfway through Zul'Drak. By the time I get to Icecrown I'll be *rolling* in gold.  :mwaha