11/21/08 [Abel 2 #37] - What Now?

Started by Darkmoon, November 21, 2008, 12:54:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corgatha Taldorthar

Survivor's guilt is rarely rational. Besides, even if Abel couldn't fight off the demons (probably true, although he did take that magic class with Kria in Zinvth, I don't know how good he was, and besides, a hemophobic probably wouldn't be delving into the sorts of magic that are combat applicable) he probably blames himself more for freeing than for not being able to save Devin. True, there probably wasn't much he could have done, but what he *did* do was get in the way. At the very least he probably blames himself for forcing Devin to stop and stare at him.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

AmigaDragon

It's been 25+ years since I've paid any attention to the term Dewey Decimal, and about as long since paying attention to what categories were in what number ranges. Instead, I'd just look up what I want in the card catalog and go to wherever it said the book was. Rather than knowing "science is in the 500s which is over there", I know "science is over there", or more likely, "scifi/fantasy is in that other area". The numbers just help me find it once I'm in the right area (this shelf or that shelf of scif/fantasy).
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

llearch n'n'daCorna

Yeah, Amiga, but Damaris is a librarian. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

superluser

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 21, 2008, 03:23:11 PMYeah, Amiga, but Damaris is a librarian. ;-]

To be fair, it's been a long time since I've been in a library which used the Dewey Decimal System.  Most seem to use the LCC system these days.  Public libraries still use Dewey, I suppose, but I typically only go to them for the microforms.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

RobbieThe1st

@ Dewey Decimal discussion: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtsHzrpMkhI
Sorry, I just had to.

Devin wise, I figure it could definitely be Fa'Lina, watching his thoughts passively, or perhaps she used some power to actively "nudge" his thoughts in the direction she wanted - It wouldn't have been hard.

It could also be something in Abel's mind, although I don't think it is a Ghost - I have never heard anything about ghosts in Furrae, so unless I see evidence to the contrary, I am going to figure they don't exist.

-RobbieThe1st

Pasteris.ttf <- Pasteris is the font used for text in DMFA.

Anri

Mwahahaha. I was thinking about Conan the Librarian while reading this thread. Thanks for saving me the trouble of youtubing it myself. ;3

Damaris

Because I'm a nerd, and its bugged me for days, I went and looked it up.  355 is military science.  623 is military and nautical engineering.  The 900s only hold major wars because they occurred in Europe and Asia, and that area is dedicated to world history.  There is no 900s entry for military history.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Naldru

300 is the social sciences and military science is considered a social science rather than a physical science.  I had forgotten about that.  (It's actually 355 to 359. 355 is military science in general, while 356 to 359 are more detailed areas.)  I shall attempt to better research my jokes in the future.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Syxal

Destina. "Devin" is Destina. Look in the top right corner of the last frame, see the little part of a feather? Headwings! That's how "Devin" knew Abel worked at the library! and note that she's solid in this comic.  :boogie

AmigaDragon

What feather (in #37)? Devin has tufted ears. But you're right, #39 shows (prior to your post about #37) that it is Destania, having revealed her true appearance (deeper-blue fur, headwings, ..."other features").
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Damaris

ooooh, I totally didn't catch that.

oops

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber