APS v2, everyone may post - Not quite a game, not quite an RPG

Started by Gabi, July 11, 2006, 10:35:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabi

Welcome! You have made it into the AP experimental room.

You find yourselves in a large room with white walls, each one of them with a wide mirror on it. In the center of the room is a wooden table. On top of the table lies a pile of paper, each sheet identical to the others. The sheets of paper are white, rectangular and have the word APPLICATION written at the top. If you turn them around, you can see another title on the back of the pages: "Write your answer here".

That's it. Everything else is up to you... for now. :mwaha
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Eibborn

*Blink* I know this game! ...I just don't know how to win...
Oh well...
*Takes a paper and proceeds to use it as a saucer for his tea*
/kicks the internet over

roninfoxtail

Hmmm... bleh, why not?

*takes a paper and writes "your answer here"*

Gabi

Nice one, Ronin. :mowgrin

*Looks at Eibbor.*
Hey, you're the official tea bringer! Are you planning to keep that tea all for yourself? We've been very busy with the forum move, I could do with some tea and I'm sure the others would like some too.

EvilIguana966

*enters the room*

*stares at paper and then thinks*

*exits the room and then returns with a stapler*

*proceeds to start fashioning himself a suit of full paper mail*

I am the prince of paper!  Lalalala!

Gareeku

*Walks in, sits down, and looks at the paper. Reading what is written, he then writes his 'answer'*

"An answer can be many different things. It does not have be always based in fact, there can be many differents answers for one question alone. If an answer is required, then a question must be first brought to attention. Once that question has been indentified, then one must do all they can to answer the question with precision."

Roureem Egas

(I'll bite. I don't get it, but whatever.)

The coon boy stands there, entirely at a loss for words and slightly intimidated by the people in front of him. Looking around the bright room, his ears twitch as he tries to make sense of the place. He approaches the table and picks up a sheet, briefly considering just taking the thing and leaving.

"Is this for a job or something?"

With mounting curiosity, he pulls out an enchanted feather pen from the bag hanging on his side.

"I guess I'll just...fill it out, I guess."

The coon puts the pen to his tongue for a moment and begins the write.

Name: Roureem Egas
Interests: Treasure, magic, cards
Abilities: Minor-level magic, organization...

(On the back)

-You cannot escape cause and effect.
-Your ambition is followed by a dark shadow.
-Pretending powers when you have none is rude. Actually, rude doesn't begin to cover it.
Maybe more later...

Eibborn

Quote from: Gabi on July 11, 2006, 10:54:44 PM
*Looks at Eibbor.*
Hey, you're the official tea bringer! Are you planning to keep that tea all for yourself? We've been very busy with the forum move, I could do with some tea and I'm sure the others would like some too.
*Bolts upright*
Ma'am! Yes, ma'am!
*Vanishes and reappears with a cart*
We have here, ma'am, mint tea, various green teas, lavender tea, Earl Gray tea, Prince of Wales, and much, much more! What can I offer you, ma'am?
*Extracts a china teacup (With ...oh, shall we say lilies?) from the cart and holds it, ready for orders.*
Anyone who wants tea ought to form a queue behind Gabi!
/kicks the internet over

FurryFreak

*looks around* >.> <.< *takes one of the applications and begins to fil it out* *See occupation* Hm.... *puts "Inventor of Sorts" and finishes it, looking for somewhere to put the completed application*

Kio

*walks in* Hi everyone... *Takes one*

*doodles where it says write your answer here* I call it, Stick!

Hilary

I walk into the room and see the paper. I pick up a piece, make an army of 1000 cranes, and then squish them into oblivion while pretending I am Superman. Then I notice the mirrors. I walk up to one and take it down from the wall. I smash it on the floor and use a particularly jagged piece of glass to cut the legs off the table. I cut the tabletop into pieces, then rearrage them, using sharp pieces of glass as connecting pieces, in the shape of Pip. (even including tiny shards of glass for teeth! God is in the details. ^^) Then I set up another mirror next to him so he can admire his reflection. I make him a sailor's hat out of a piece of paper. I give my handiwork a thumbs up and leave the room whistling.

This game is fun. ^^ *Thinks up another situation to propose when this one is exhausted*  :mowgrin

xHaZxMaTx

*Walks in with a grenade and pulls the pin"

"WTF?  Gay grenade..."

*Grabs paper and begins to make an origami paper-box*

-10 Minutes Later-

*Grenade explodes and everyone is dead*

:mwaha

FurryFreak

*walks back in* Er.. anyone know where I put a completed application? << >>

Poofyspikes

*Poofy enters the room to check up on the applicants and finds a bunch of shrapnel and squishy bits. Sighing, he organizes the squishy bits into several piles. Getting out a blender and several molds, he proceeds to liquefy the piles of squishy bits and pour them into the molds. Given a couple of hours in the freezer, all of the molds shatter to reveal the room's previous inhabitants. Poofy also takes any completed applications remaining from the blast, including Furry Freak's, and stuffs them in a hole behind one of the undamaged mirrors.*

Well, my work is done for the next... 104 seconds.

*Exit stage right*

Hilary

I should probably mention that my sculpture was my application... for the spot of resident Pip publicist.

Azlan

*wanders in and promply struts right up to a blank wall.  One tab reveals a doorway with forbidding darkness beyond.  The winged fox enters and the door closes behind him, leaving no trace it.*

"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

ITOS

*flies into the room and looks around*

*writes 42 on one of the papers and folds it*

Well, someone had to. :mowtongue
This generic comment was brought to you by:

FurryFreak

Gabi

Thank you, Eibbor. *Drinks the tea and smiles.*

This is fun to watch. :3

But Hillary, I'm afraid you walked through the wrong door. Pip isn't here... luckily.

Hilary

Quote from: Gabi on July 12, 2006, 11:18:31 AM
But Hilary, I'm afraid you walked through the wrong door. Pip isn't here... luckily.
*is confuzzled* But... the sculpture is...

Gabi

The sculpture is pretty, but did you have to make such a mess in order to sculpt it? Now we only have 3 mirrors left.

Hilary

Art takes mess! And hey, ya still got the paper. And you can always sabotage the scupture and use the materials for your own devices...

xHaZxMaTx

Wow, yu must've superglued that Pip statue or something if my grenade didn't blow it up. 0_o  Hey, look, this room has no cieliing... neither does it have a floor... What kind of room doesn't have a floor or cieling?  So if there's no cieling or floor, we must be falling, but if we're not falling there must be no gravity.  But if we are falling, no one seems to have noticed any wind, so there must not be any air.  So either we are falling forever (or at least until we all hit the ground) with no air to breathe, or their is no gravity, you decide...  Personally, I would prefer the later, because the other option involves dying one of two ways; asphyxiation, or making a large crater in the ground.

Hilary

This is true. Also: is there a source of light? 'Cause it's getting pretty dark in that room... :mowgrin

bill

*Throws in an active flashbomb grenade.*
Like that light?

Gabi

I said "everything else is up to you", so there are as many sources of light as you care to provide.

Hilary

Quote from: BillBuckner on July 12, 2006, 08:13:39 PM
*Throws in an active flashbomb grenade.*
Like that light?

Perfect. *reads by the light of the grenade*
Ohmigosh. Awesome song lyrics flowing through head. Must write down.

FurryFreak

*goes MoW nd hops around the place, munching on random inanimate objects*     :mowcookie

ITOS

*gets gnawed on*

You're scratching my shell... :|

Good thing I'm mow safe. :D
This generic comment was brought to you by:

Malakin

*enters the room*

whats everyone doing in here?

*picks up paper and writes on the back: "ok" *

humm... bit crowded in here...

*Pulls out pencil and draws a door onto the wall, steps back and opens it... walks out into a wild grass field in the middle of summer and sits in the shade of a tree*