[Art] Zina: Check it out. It's an update. (12/13/07)

Started by Zina, July 11, 2006, 06:03:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is Janus cute?

Why, of course!
19 (57.6%)
No, I hate Janus. GOD.
4 (12.1%)
Who?
4 (12.1%)
I guess, if you're into that kind of thing.
6 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 28

xHaZxMaTx

Zedd

Alan Garou

Push them off the building
Watch them go splat
You are an awesome
Maniacal cat

Zina

School is kicking my ass, so I haven't been doing much of anything, these days. So...here's some....stuff. I suppose.

Full image here
NO, SERIOUSLY. DO YOU KNOW HIM.

Full image here
Old doodle I never got around to finishing. UNTIL NOW.
Hahah, Dorian is the best chibi.

Bed now, I guess.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Zina on March 12, 2007, 05:33:16 AM
School is kicking my ass, so I haven't been doing much of anything, these days. So...here's some....stuff. I suppose.

Ah, good - more weird strips.  A worthy followup to 'Little Bunny Foo Foo' and the 'puppy trap'.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Paladin Sheppard

Zina

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 12, 2007, 10:22:00 AM

Ah, good - more weird strips.  A worthy followup to 'Little Bunny Foo Foo' and the 'puppy trap'.

I honestly think I'm gonna have to draw something amazing to top the Bunny Foo Foo comic. XD

Kenji

Quote from: Zina on March 12, 2007, 05:02:33 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on March 12, 2007, 10:22:00 AM

I honestly think I'm gonna have to draw something amazing to top the Bunny Foo Foo comic. XD

Yes. Yes you shall. And then there will be many lil chibi arms waving in the air, like they just don't care. Except they do. Cause it'll be awesome.

e_voyager

ahh man that was priceless Zina. but then i could be bias since i ask that question constantly in invisible friend.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

thegayhare

So cute... Ohh they'd make the cuteset little plushies

Zina

Forgot to upload this.

Full image here
Gift pic for Kookybat on DA that I should have done a long time ago.

School broke me. I'm gonna go. I'm gonna go lay down now.

Kenji

Quote from: Zina on March 21, 2007, 03:03:43 AM
School broke me. I'm gonna go. I'm gonna go lay down now.

But... what happened to "no sleep for the wicked"? :<

I like the pose on the rooman. Every time I see it, I think of someone sneaking around all cartoony-like, ready to perform dastardly deeds! O:

ITOS

Quote from: Kenji on March 21, 2007, 01:44:18 PM
But... what happened to "no sleep for the wicked"? :<

Zina is so wicked that she is super-wicked. In this state the normal rules of wicked does not apply.

Also, nice roo. Reminds me of: >:3
This generic comment was brought to you by:

Zina

Hay guys. :V
For those that don't know, it's been roughly ten years since I first created Zina. Back then she was a cat because I seriously couldn't draw any other kind of animal. She was white because I didn't have anything to color with other than pens. Since then, she hasn't changed much. The funny part is I don't really like cats and I hate the color white.
Hilarious.
I've been mulling over changing her species for quite some time now. I was hesitant, mostly because people have known me as a cat for so long, and have come to associate me with a black and white feline. But for me, Zina was too...boring. Too basic. She got lost in the huge crowd of unique and interesting characters. So about two weeks ago I decided I needed to change her. I consulted a few friends and worked on several designs and finally came up with something that made me happy.
And before you ask, yes, this was my first choice in species. :3 Because. Squids are awesome.

Full image here

And because I had to...

Full image here

I'm still tweaking her design, and it might be a while before I am completely satisfied, but....this is what I've decided on. And yes, it's preminant.

Lemme know what you guys think. Feedback is very much appreciated!

Jim Halisstrad

You better be well armed for the responses you might get for this change.  I mean, it sounds kinda fishy.  Aren't you worried about people thinking you're shellfish?  This could even go so far as to affect your personal and social life.  You don't want to end up as an urchin do you?  But if you wear your resolve on your mantle and carry enough ink in your quill, I'm sure the change will go swimmingly.

Seriously though, a Squid is fine too.

Zina

I'm ready for whatever the world throws at me.
Because squids are just that cool. :V

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Zedd

Squid eh? Thats a new one on me...But in other words...That looks awesome cause I swear I never seen an inverdbrate char other than a snail or slug

King Of Hearts

Zina is Zina, no more and no less.

The antenna makes you look like Piccollo a bit, though.

Wait a minuite...

*looks at calendar*

bill

Quote from: Jim Halisstrad on April 01, 2007, 03:51:43 AM
You better be well armed for the responses you might get for this change.  I mean, it sounds kinda fishy.  Aren't you worried about people thinking you're shellfish?  This could even go so far as to affect your personal and social life.  You don't want to end up as an urchin do you?  But if you wear your resolve on your mantle and carry enough ink in your quill, I'm sure the change will go swimmingly.
There is no god.  :<

Incidentally, the new image is ballin', yo. Nice.

Aridas

*looks at the date*

...I don't suppose you're going to tell us now that you're from another planet as well?

Kenji

Now you can strangle your victims with tentacles and peck them to death with a beak! :D
I like the blue-black-purple contrast. Yes.

Faerie Alex

Hmm...I was a bit surprised at first, but actually, it is kinda nice.

Just wondering, is that a skirt around her tentacles, or are the tentacles webbed? I don't quite get what's going on.
Jeez I need to update this thing.

Prof B Hunnydew

I'm not sure how this change will affect your comic moments..which I love.  Are you going to keep the cat around as a side character, or kill her off.  ?

Also I am sorry but the "full squid form" (the second picture is lost on me)  The First picture is very good and sexy..ah sassy enough, it is much better..  I like the change.  

Now, well,  Is your new character able to walk on land?   Because most of furdom is land creatures... But hey you are better equipped than a Mermaid.  Go for it.  ANd If magical gold fish can fly though the air...You should be able to walk on your tentacles.

PBH

thegayhare

Verra verra cool Zina hon

I've got to admit the squid anthro looks great... 

*hugs*

bill

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on April 01, 2007, 08:33:22 AM
*looks at the date*

...I don't suppose you're going to tell us now that you're from another planet as well?
Oh christ. Not another one I fell for.

:knifed

ITOS

If it's not a joke, it a very bad time for such an announcement. If it is a joke it's a bit sad since the squid is different and cool. :)

But to be honest, the Zinacat chibi is cooler than the Zinasquid chibi, in my opinion.
This generic comment was brought to you by:

Zina

Quote from: modelincard on April 01, 2007, 11:01:57 AM
Hmm...I was a bit surprised at first, but actually, it is kinda nice.

Just wondering, is that a skirt around her tentacles, or are the tentacles webbed? I don't quite get what's going on.

Webbed tentacles. She's based off a Vampire Squid: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vampire_Squid
Just about the coolest squid ever. It glows

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on April 01, 2007, 11:15:06 AM
I'm not sure how this change will affect your comic moments..which I love.  Are you going to keep the cat around as a side character, or kill her off.  ?

Now, well,  Is your new character able to walk on land?   Because most of furdom is land creatures... But hey you are better equipped than a Mermaid.  Go for it.  ANd If magical gold fish can fly though the air...You should be able to walk on your tentacles.

PBH

The cat version of me is dead. Whereas I agree that a squid wouldn't really work in the comics, so I'll probably just use some random character. If I changed all the comics involving Zina to involve a dog, or something, nothing would really change. The punchline doesn't require the character to be Zina. :V

I'm sure I travel in a large tank, or something. :B

Kenji

You should totally squirt ink at your opponents.  :3

Zina