Secret Santa 2008 [CLOSED]

Started by Zina, October 18, 2008, 11:05:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: lostangelkira on October 21, 2008, 09:33:41 AM
Do we post our descriptions here, or e-mail them to the host? Just want to make sure I'm reading how this is done correctly.

You can do either I believe.  I've put my references up there in my post already.

And welcome one and all to the newbies who joined and whose first posts are in this thread. xP
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Sofox

Okay, I'm up for it. I've proven to myself that when I make the effort, I can make a good piece. I really hope I can produce something that the other person will love and appreciate, so I really hope I can get a good idea  of what they like.

PS. As for myself... honestly I'm relaxed. Don't mind whether I get anything. I've been meaning to change my fursona but truthfully, I draw a blank whenever I try to figure out what the new design should be. I always thought my fursona should be a representation of my inner confidence; which, in retrospect, is probably telling as to why I can't come up with anything.

Tiger_T

It's a good reason to coax myself into drawing something again.

I'm in.

YAY! :mowhappy
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

lostangelkira

Thank you, Aisha.

Here goes.

Name: Kira
Species: Feline
Height: 5'9"

She has an athletic build. Not beefy, just well toned. Waist is pinched slightly, hips are flared in a way that gives her a slight hourglass figure. Fur color is white with two parallel, dark red stripes starting at her right shoulder and going across her upper body to her left hip and wrapping around her left leg, similar to a candy cane. Fur is short. Hair or head fur is silver and reaches down to her waist. Ears are like a common housecat's. Her eyes a bright red. Has a pair of white feathered wings growing out from the shoulder blades. Her tail is long and slender.

Use your imagination for pose and clothing, though I would like to see her in something that shows her body off a bit if at all possible. Please no violence or adult content. However, I don't mind tasteful nudity. I'm trying not to sound picky, just giving the artist options.

I can't wait to see who I get to draw!

KelseyPotter

Ooh, I've been looking forward to this...count me in! ^_^ I'm not a spectacular artist, but sometimes I surprise myself, and I've got paper big enough to work with properly.

My character (not my fursona, as I don't have one, but a character from my NaNo last year that I'm rather fond of) is a female dragon. Samta is young, not more than five years old, so she's still small, maybe the size of a black lab, not counting her tail, which is at least as long as her body; I always imagined her as a kind of kelly green. Her horns are only just starting to come in and she hasn't developed back spines yet, but there is a dark ridge running from the base of her skull to the tip of her tail along her back.

I didn't draw this, but this is the closest I can find to a reference picture for her.

Kipiru

O, I'm IN 100%.

My fursona Kipiru Starrider is a unicorn warrior wielding a large two-handed sword. I don't have a picture reference for him cause I made him up for this particular forum, but I'm not picky about appearance either, so go wild with the idea( you can check my avatar if you really need a starting point).

Molten_fire

I'm up for that! Count me in! -numerous positive application phrases-

Rakala

Okay. I'm in. I've got plenty of time and I finally got my scanner fixed.

Gabi

Zina, I'm sorry you took my post the wrong way. I have participated twice before and I thought you knew by now that I appreciate the effort you're putting into this, and I like the idea of exchanging gifts like this. It's just the fact that it's related to Christmas that I don't like, but I can put that aside again as I have done twice before, and I may host another gift exchange at some other time.

References:
Con badge
Old drawing

No Christmas-related art for me, please.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Tanookie

Like the dude above, I also wouldn't like something suuuper christmas related.

References of my characters Blaz and Cypress :>

And yes, I would like to be in.

http://www.sheezyart.com/view/1820542/

http://www.sheezyart.com/view/1824697/

omg wtf they are human

relurk relurk

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tanookie on October 22, 2008, 02:47:02 PM

Gabi isn't a dude. In fact, she's quite emphatically not a dude in any language, especially braille... ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Lena

Count me in too. Never tried it before, but I'd like to give it a go. Trying to draw someone new will be fun.  :mowmeep
My fursona can be found in my devart account (ladyphenyx.deviantart.com). The latest image is the "Viva la Radio" one in my (current) avatar. (Full body shot is at devart.) She has gold-brown eyes, which is about the only thing you can't see in the picture.
I can't wait to see what I get to draw!

Syxal

Well I'm not to good at drawing, but it seems like fun, I've never tried drawing anything with fur before. As for my charachter, I don't Currently have a picture of her, so Syxal (I love the name) Has black hair over one eye, and the other eye is grey. She's also blind so the other eye shows no emotion whatsoever. She wears a black cloak.

Woeset237

This sounds like fun. I think I'll join as well.
I won't do anthing higher than PG-13 though and I would prefer that the picture being done is PG-13 as well.

As for my character, his name is Woeset and he has long blond hair about two or three inches past the shoulders and orange eyes. The other two things I would like to specify is that I would like him to be a bit effeminate and to be wearing a dark purple shirt, sort of like this shade: http://www.fastfloors.com/media/catalog/Ceramic_Tile/Americaolean/Bright/tn/Imperial_Purple.jpg
Sorry but I don't have any references as to what I expect him to look like, so far he's just a thought in my head that hasn't been put to paper yet, so again sorry if that's an inconvenience.

So other than the specified things, I want the artist to have as much creative freedom as possible. :)

Zina

Thanks for all your PMs and such. I`ll start responding and updating the list when I get home tonight.

Also, guys, if you`re giving me a description, please to be sure it`s DETAILED. Hair color, eye color, what clothese are they wearing, etc. Make it as detailed as possible. If your description is only two or three sentences long, then there`s something wrong.

Gabi

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 22, 2008, 02:53:14 PM
Quote from: Tanookie on October 22, 2008, 02:47:02 PM

Gabi isn't a dude. In fact, she's quite emphatically not a dude in any language, especially braille... ;-]
I would like to point out that llearch was only making an informed guess here. A correct guess, but a guess nonetheless.

And Zina... I've sent you a PM. I hope we can put this argument behind. I'm sorry I started one in the first place. I didn't mean to.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Zina

Uh, Gabi, the reason I PMed you was so this could stay out of the thread. =/

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Gabi on October 23, 2008, 07:47:44 AM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 22, 2008, 02:53:14 PM
I would like to point out that llearch was only making an informed guess here. A correct guess, but a guess nonetheless.

... What, seeinghosting the pictures of you at AC doesn't count? ;-]

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 23, 2008, 08:20:28 AM
... What, seeinghosting the pictures of you at AC doesn't count? ;-]

Don't look at them too closely or you'll see where we photoshopped her in.

On a more related note, if we have reference pictures, is a description also required/preferred?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Woeset237

Quote from: Zina on October 23, 2008, 12:39:26 AM
Thanks for all your PMs and such. I`ll start responding and updating the list when I get home tonight.

Also, guys, if you`re giving me a description, please to be sure it`s DETAILED. Hair color, eye color, what clothese are they wearing, etc. Make it as detailed as possible. If your description is only two or three sentences long, then there`s something wrong.

I'll try to put in as much detail possible soon.

The Dairy Pyrate

I'm pretty good at drawing, and I'ed love to try drawing someones else's OC. sign me up. But I have a couple questions, how do we know who we got, and should I just put the discription of my character on the board?

Brunhidden

ive noticed a very high percentage of the people joining have a total of one post, did we used to have a 'you have to have been around X amount of time' clause?

also, nice to see the drama llama showed up for the whole guy/girl thing, regular sop opera here already, but gabi shouldn't feel too bad, ive been mistaken for a girl so most things pale in comparison to that failing in observation..... i feel so pretty now  :P
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

The Dairy Pyrate

also, nice to see the drama llama showed up for the whole guy/girl thing, regular sop opera here already, but gabi shouldn't feel too bad, ive been mistaken for a girl so most things pale in comparison to that failing in observation..... i feel so pretty now   

I'm pretty used to being mistaken for a guy, not so much now, but since I have a boys name and when I was younger I would wear boys cloths a lot, I would have to tell people when I met them

Zina

Quote from: Brunhidden on October 23, 2008, 11:23:36 AM
ive noticed a very high percentage of the people joining have a total of one post, did we used to have a 'you have to have been around X amount of time' clause?

No, "we" didn't.

If there was something wrong, I would say so.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Do you have multiple personalities, now, Zina? Or tapeworm? ;-]

Zina

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 23, 2008, 07:06:15 PM

I had a dream last night I had a bot fly. It was really gross. :<

Jairus

Quote from: Zina on October 23, 2008, 07:33:53 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 23, 2008, 07:06:15 PM

I had a dream last night I had a bot fly. It was really gross. :<
Well, don't read the Nightmare Fuel pages late at night then... trust me on this. I once started reading them at like 10:30, didn't stop reading till 2 AM. Did not sleep well at all that night. Unless that's not where you got that particular image from, in which case I'm just being silly and should stop typing.

Um... Zina, I'll PM you with a link to some pictures of my fursona soon, hopefully... I need to add my new glasses to them to make them a little more accurate. And I'll say it in the PM, but I'm okay with most scenery or holiday setup for the picture, but I don't want anything higher than PG-13 or so, and I won't do anything higher than that as well. So no pr0n.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Anika

Oddly enough I've been looking for somewhere that was doing something like this! Woot I'm so in! Not really worried if I even get a pic back, so whoever gets to draw for me, I love you already!

Brunhidden

Quote from: Zina on October 23, 2008, 06:59:56 PM
Quote from: Brunhidden on October 23, 2008, 11:23:36 AM

No, "we" didn't.

If there was something wrong, I would say so.

I had only asked because three years ago i tried to join and you said i wasn't qualified as i had not been on the forum long enough

just showing concern for the ranks of newbies, and i deeply apologize for using the term 'we', i had meant the forum at large
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Gornemant

Quote from: Brunhidden on October 24, 2008, 10:12:17 AM
I had only asked because three years ago i tried to join and you said i wasn't qualified as i had not been on the forum long enough

just showing concern for the ranks of newbies, and i deeply apologize for using the term 'we', i had meant the forum at large
The SS isn't forum only, there are also people from FA and DA going into the pot, most likely some never even heard about these forums.