"The Milk and Cookies Incident" Planning/Interest topic (OOC)

Started by Lady Buggery, October 14, 2008, 12:21:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Buggery

Hey everyone!

So I want to start a fairly open, loose RPG where people can introduce some story lines and such in a linear manner. It helps if you're an experienced forum RPer but everyone is welcome and will be treated equally in the story. Everyone will get a chance to contribute to the  milk and cookies incident and introduction of stories can happen in a flowing, build up manner. Since I don't have any direct stories in mind, here is the basic premise:

Setting: DMFA Universe (With loose constraints on race)

Starting point: A Coffee house called "The Milk and Cookies Cafe"

RPG style: book style (writing out actions and dialog as if you were reading a book.)

Rating: PG-13

Starting story snippet:

You find yourself wandering around a small, provincial town. There's only one post office, one bank, one department store, and a hand full of mom and pop eateries. Everyone knows each other, and you find yourself as the only stranger in town. You've tried to leave a few times but it seems your timing on this day is just off. You miss the last train out, all the buses speed away just as you reach the bus stops, and the only taxi in town pretends not to see your waving paw as he zooms past you. Discouraged, you look for a place to rest your weary mind. In your wandering you find a somewhat trendy (for the setting anyway) cafe called "The Milk and Cookies Cafe" When you open the door you find that the people with in are not like others walking around town. You smile and wait to be seated...

Character sheets (post this when you post here so people can have an idea what character you'll be using)

C Name:

---

So please post your ideas, interest, and etc here. As soon as we have at least 5 regular players to start, I'll create an IC topic.

e_voyager

could be fun. i am many dimension hopping characters so it not odd to find myself in a new place with no ideal as the to social structure.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Lady Buggery

Heehee yeah, I don't have the attention span to create something set in stone at the moment, and who needs a GM barking every single second about what'll happen next. Anyways, we get 3 more peoples we can start an IC topic. start thinking of random stories you'd like to fulfill ^^

Azlan

Quote from: Redwing X on October 14, 2008, 07:14:51 PM
...and who needs a GM barking every single second about what'll happen next. Anyways...

Woof woof woof woof.

I think dogs barking is considered a peril...
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Lady Buggery

Quote from: Azlan on October 14, 2008, 07:20:06 PM
Quote from: Redwing X on October 14, 2008, 07:14:51 PM
...and who needs a GM barking every single second about what'll happen next. Anyways...

Woof woof woof woof.

I think dogs barking is considered a peril...

Well I think I'll have just a little bit of the peril :P

Art thou interested in zee RPG fine sir?

Noone

I think I would be interested in playing.
Just out of curiosity, do you have some kind of 'starting-plot', which then is expanded by the players set up? Or is it more loose? On one hand, I can see where the added freedom can be a good thing with some creative players, but on the other hand, it might get quite chaotic if things get a little too free, so to speak.

Lady Buggery

Quote from: The1Kobra on October 15, 2008, 09:20:43 PM
I think I would be interested in playing.
Just out of curiosity, do you have some kind of 'starting-plot', which then is expanded by the players set up? Or is it more loose? On one hand, I can see where the added freedom can be a good thing with some creative players, but on the other hand, it might get quite chaotic if things get a little too free, so to speak.

Yeah I've seen that happen on both sides of the fence. I was thinking of having it be more free, but i will have some starting parameters. I just don't feel like playing a billion NPC's and the like. I was hoping to keep the planning thread open so we could plan things and stuff as the story progresses. and if anyone wants to have some surprises or something, to discuss things with me in PMs or something.

Sunblink

Huh. I'm interested. >:3 And to show how interested I am, I'll bring out a character I've never used before. This is a DMFA-ified version of my original character.

C Name: Jamenaratu "Jamen" Matekythe

Race(s): Ring-Tailed Lemur Demon

Occupation: Formerly worked at a crematorium; is now hunting for a new job and is open to freelancing assignments.

Other Notes: Jamen goes into an uncontrollable state at the sight of fire and is a pyromaniac. Otherwise, he seems ostensibly sane; a refreshing juxtaposition to the average Demon. However, he is not totally disinclined to resort to the same provocative tactics as other Demons, although it is more reflexive than motivated by malice.

Appearance: Jamen is unusual as far as lemurs go; he lacks the characteristic bands on his very long tail and is a bright red. Jamenaratu lacks any bizarre or distinguishing markings on his pelt, but that does not prevent him from being immediately recognizable. Jamen is oddly handsome even with his feminine androgyny, with almond-shaped, bright eyes and an almost roguish, fang-toothed grin coloring his well-crafted features. Either from a bizarre genetic quirk or his hybrid heritage, Jamen's ears are much longer than the average lemur's and differently shaped, tilted at an unusual angle and tapering. Small lines of barbed spikes trail up Jamen's ears, while two larger spikes curve from his scalp from amidst the windswept mess of his hair in the form of a pair of bone-white horns.

More of those specimens of tiny spikes are found between Jamen's shoulder-blades in a perfectly-aligned triad. His wings are diminutive and leathery, too small to fly, or create any substantial currents, and their top joints barbed with miniscule, clawed spikes. However, he can enlarge the wings so he can achieve flight. Jamen's tail is about as long as his body, excluding his legs, and largely fluffy and serpentine in structure. He always wears a glove or some sort of arm-warmer on his right claw to hide the mutilation caused by contact with a flame. His choice of attire often consists of a vest over a t-shirt and a loosely bound tie, ending with long dress pants held around his waist by a belt. His most consistent accessory is the very old and dusty lighter looped on a chain around his neck.

Lady Buggery

Hooray, that's 5 including me (or you know...give or take one or two of you its ok for now)

I'll just post my character's info too so people get an idea of what I'll be playing (note, she's have my username BUT the RP me and the real me are very different so yeah xD you shall not see my character outside this form in a posting sense)

C Name: Roya Redwing

Race(s): Were Cardinal

Occupation: She is currently on a spirit quest. Since she is predisposed to fire magic, the elders of her flock sent her out to learn the other elemental magics and find herself if she is ever to take her place as one of the flock's Shaman.

Other Notes: Like the typical were, Roya is incredibly secretive about her true nature. She fools the average being into thinking she is in fact one of the phoenix oracles, or perhaps a terrifying Succubus with her false hair-wings. She is deathly afraid of Cat, snake, and raptor/bird furs but she tries her best not to prejudge people based on their outward appearance. She also gets rather angry when people confuse her for a MALE cardinal, as she is one of the rare few females to have red and black feathers.

Appearance: http://www.furaffinity.net/view/1633129/

If anyone wants to share potential stories and the link, please post them here so we can work through them a little before posting in the IC topic. In the Meantime, I'll start the IC topic later on today.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on October 16, 2008, 07:32:05 AM
He always wears a glove on his right claw to hide the mutilation. His choice of attire often consists of articles of clothing.

Two, no, three points:

One: "articles of clothing" ? Is there something missing in that, there?
Two: Glove? Jackson much?
Three: Mutilation? What mutilation?

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Lady Buggery

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 16, 2008, 11:17:04 AM
He always wears a glove on his right claw to hide the mutilation. His choice of attire often consists of articles of clothing.

Two, no, three points:

Do you happen to feel like editing a novel by chance? x3

Sunblink

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 16, 2008, 11:17:04 AM

Two, no, three points:

...oops. XD Um, I'll fix that right away. The problem behind that was that I was writing the description while half-asleep and adjusting it from a copypasta'd version of Jamen's description and therefore missed a few aspects.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Roya Redwing on October 16, 2008, 11:28:20 AM
Do you happen to feel like editing a novel by chance? x3

Didn't Darkmoon talk to you about that? ;-]

Lady Buggery

llearch n'n'daCorna

Noone

Well, currently, I'm juggling with two character ideas I have. Before I decide on which I play(and I still have to iron out the details, urrgh), what is the general tone of the RP going to be? Nice and Fluffy? Normal? Downright Nihilistic? Just a general idea would be nice. I want to make sure my character 'fits' in well.

Lady Buggery

Quote from: The1Kobra on October 17, 2008, 08:42:01 AM
Well, currently, I'm juggling with two character ideas I have. Before I decide on which I play(and I still have to iron out the details, urrgh), what is the general tone of the RP going to be? Nice and Fluffy? Normal? Downright Nihilistic? Just a general idea would be nice. I want to make sure my character 'fits' in well.

It'll probably go from light and fluffy to - serious business but no, there will be none of that I hate everything stuff xD. I use RP to get away from that kind of stuff :P I was thinking, per the title being a little silly, that it be an adventure comedy, closer to DMFA than say Abel's Story.

Noone

Ok... here is my first attempt at a character. I'm fairly new to DMFA-setting RPs, so please point out any inconsistencies and/or problems should you find them. I know I'm not great with descriptions.. and is not extensively detailed. This character should be at least functional... I hope.

Name: Kassin Starshine
Race: Male Angel, Tiger
Occupation: Technically none, he is still legally supported by his parents, despite the frequent issues he has with the rest of his family.
Appearance data:
Height: 5'8
Eye Color: Yellow
Skin/Fur Color: Cyan with Orange stripes.
Hair Color: Blond
Wing color: Feathery white.
Additional Appearance Notes:
Kassin looks like a typical tiger based being, the only exceptions being his white feathery wings, and his psychodelic coloration. Most of his face is blue colored, though he does have orange stripes on the tops of his ears and beneath his eyes. His tail is four feet long, with bright orange and blue stripes lacing it.
Kassin, despite the wings on his back, generally makes sure that his Torso is covered by clothing. He prefers to wear brightly colored outfits, usually a yellow shirt, blue pants, and black shoes. His attire may vary depending on his setting.

Personality/Background info:
Kassin is a kind and caring angel. Unlike typical angels, and a stark contrast to the rest of his immediate family, he doesn't care for manipulating others for his personal gain. He also does not view beings and other less-magical species as inferiors. Outgoing, charming, and quick to offer aid, he makes friends easily, assuming he isn't being chased or suffering the effects of other angels' bad reputation.
His biggest sore spot is with his family, in particular his older siblings, Yavvir(brother) and Crystal(sister). Both of them share the more typical angel mindset of power over all else, and he often gets into fights with both of them. This is usually due to him interfering with their schemes to manipulate others, and usually it ends with them venting their frustration at Kassin via offensive light magic and fists. Due to his frequent sibling fighting, he usually spends most of his time away from home, and in areas populated by beings. He feels more kinship to his being friends than he does his family.

Abilities:
Kassin is naturally proficient with light magic, though his full abilities are yet to develop. He is a competant healer, adept at healing wounds, curing illnesses, and intoxication. He is also capable of. Aside from his magical abilities, Kassin is surprisingly proficient at using technology for an Angel, largely due to his extended amount of time spent around beings. He also possesses a quick wit, a charming face, and quick reflexes when things go wrong. He can't use his wings to fly, but he can use them to glide, or to help himself jump high.

Please let me know if this is acceptable, or if there are any issues.

Lady Buggery

Sounds good to me, with all these kitties around, things should get interesting for my poor bird brain. xD

Corgatha Taldorthar

Potential interest, but I need to think up of a character idea or two.

Wondering though, what's the "tone" of this RP? Light and fluffy? Dark and edgy?  If I make a disturbed, compulsive kleptomaniac, would he be out of place here?
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Lady Buggery

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on October 17, 2008, 03:18:06 PM
Potential interest, but I need to think up of a character idea or two.

Wondering though, what's the "tone" of this RP? Light and fluffy? Dark and edgy?  If I make a disturbed, compulsive kleptomaniac, would he be out of place here?

As I said before, its more towards the light and fluffy end of the spectrum, more like a comedy that can get serious at times...if you know anime, think "Slayers" xD or Ranma :P But I think a klepto could be really freakin funny if done properly XD.

Corgatha Taldorthar

Character Bio info.

Name: Ordlen Felgier.

Race: Being/mink

Height: 5'2"

Eye color: Grey

Fur color: Dull brown

(Celephic) Hair) color black.

Weight: 116 lbs.

Other appearance notes. Ordlen has a perpetually tight, alert bearing, tending towards the hyperactive and paranoid. He tends to wear dull colored, tight fitting clothing, with no pockets, tending towards sealed pouches to hold his stuff. He is at home walking on all fours as he is upright, and his garb reflects this, with no hanging jewelry or the like. Tends towards wearing cheap clothes. He has a three foot long, hairless, dull pink prehensile tail, which he usually keeps in a kind of mud brown "sleeve".

Personality: Thrill seeking, adventurous, high strung, risk taker, easily panicked. Ordlen is a compulsive kleptomaniac, more out of a sense of thrill seeking than of actual covetousness. In fact, he tends to forget about items that he steals after he gets them, preferring instead to concentrate on his next "conquest". He detests violence, not so much bloodshed, but of the sort of rolling around in the dirt kicking someone's face in. He prefers not to struggle through problems, preferring even failure to having to scrabble for success. He likes his successes to be crisp and clean.

Abilities: Ordlen is extremely agile, has good senses, and is very stealthy. He's really quick with his hands, and is an expert at cheating at three card Monte. He can handle a knife with some skill, and is good at sneaking around and hiding. His reflexes are good, and he's very quick on his mental feet. He is good at getting people to think with their emotions instead of their heads, at least long enough to buy whatever thing he fenced.

History: Ordlen was born in the second litter (of fifteen) that his parents had. As one can imagine in a family of almost thirty individuals, Ordlen tended to get lost in the shuffle, generally being ignored unless he did exceptionally well or bad at something to really attract all eyes upon him. He developed a kind of inferiority complex, with an "I'll show them" type attitude. Since he couldn't attract attention, he would punish others for not paying attention to him, often in the form of silently making off with their valuables. Over time, the thrill of the illicit overwhelmed his antipathy, and by his late teens, instead of going off to college, he made his way into the world, and determined to have as many laughs as he possibly could. He soon found that his quick hands and quicker wits could support him quite well, even if he didn't have what could be considered a normal vocational set of skills, at least as long as he didn't spend too much time in any one place. He's never really formed a close friend, and views the idea of friendship with a kind of skeptical awe. (Gee, it would be nice, but I don't know if it's possible......), and has spent the past nine years from score to score, generally one step ahead of the authorities, who generally suspected him of things, but would have trouble amassing proof. He stepped into the café looking for a quick mark........

Possessions: a sharp butterfly knife, with a reasonable balance. Two weeks worth of clothing, a small apartment in town with the Café of Milk and cookies is in (I'll change it when I get a name to work with) some money, a few rings, semi-precious gems, identification information as mementos of significant hauls.

Please Pm me if there is a problem with the Bio or you have comments.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Lady Buggery

Azlan

I think I might recycle a character from a dead RP...

C Name: Bryden Tyridan

Race: 1/2 Fox Angel, 1/2 Fox Being

Appearance: Bry has very deep, vibrant grey fur with a dark black frontside. His wings are the opposite in patterning, black primary with grey secondary. He has chocolate brown 'socks' extending from hand/foot paws all the way to the knees and elbows, as well as ears of the same color. His head fur/hair is greyish white and his eyes are a bright, intense violet which glow in the dark. Bry generally wears any clothing that is gender appropriate from business suits to t-shirts and jeans. He is commonly seen wearing an average pair of black slacks, a purple button up collared shirt, and a black, light jacket. 

Other Appearance Notes: He stands about 1.83 meters (~6ft) and is slightly below average in build.  He possesses about a 12-foot wingspan from tip to tip when fully extended. His fur was magically dyed gray and his hair white, he is naturally a very bright orange of fur (the color of an orange flavored tic-tac) and strongly blond (a bright lemon yellow), because he is incensed by bright and gaudy colors.

Character Notes: He is a current college student working towards a Ph.D. in Biological Anthropology. His parents are especially well to do and are paying Bry's way through university. They are also providing a furnished flat in the town where the cafe is located and a top-line car. He also has a sizeable expense account.

Ability Notes: A naturally quick, reasonably strong creature with excellent senses (due to the Angel half), he has a reasonable amount of College Fencing (to satisfy general education requirements for physical education) and self-defense classes from childhood. His Angel powers provide him with Light Oriented magic, enhanced senses, and winged flight.

Edit: fixing a spelling problem
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Lady Buggery

And the list of people Roya will fear grows, which is actually really good for her character since that's one of her goals: to overcome her fear of non tweet-bird anthros :3

Sunblink

I forgot to mention this, but Jamen's horns and wings are being hidden by an amulet hooked onto his tie.

I wish I could find that image of Billie Joe Armstrong that inspired his clothing design. It's disappeared off the face of Google.

e_voyager

C Name: Eric Volment
Race(s): masquerades as a being and a human fan but really no one knows.
Occupation: dimensional travel.  Eric has been many places and in his travels has learned how to blend in in virtually any population. hive minds aside he is usually able to pick up the language and cultures do's and dont's or at least the majors on ins mere hours. minutes if he has access to a computer system and they have google.

(may need to edit for appearance)
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

ShadesFox

I had been looking into a new RP, get rolling with a second one, a new one sounds good ;p

C Name: Walter
Race(s): Arctic Wolf / Being

There is not too much to know about Walter.  He has a freakish understanding of technology, some even accuse him of being born with this knowledge.  He tried university, but quickly got in trouble for making a death ray out of just about everything he set his hands on.

Currently he seeks adventure, going to strange lands, listening to the local's problems, then blowing them up with his latest death ray.  What is meant by 'them' is open to interpretation, and regardless of your interpretations you are probably right.  He shoots first, then shoots again for good measure.

If the description above did not give it away, Walter likes his death rays.  Many say that is all he is good at, which is entirely unfair.  Walter makes a great many things, though the death rays are definitely what is he is known for.  Though there was that one time he made a robot army, though that did not last long.

There is a lot more to Walter, perhaps he shall share, if you survive long enough.

Edit: Spell check
The All Purpose Fox

Lady Buggery

All very good guys. I figure we should implement a starting plot. I was thinking some kind of event to trigger a grand quest. Maybe a magical assault from an unknown sender, or some overlord needing a rag tag group of misfits to complete a task. Something light and comedic will do. Please share your potential staring plots ^^.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I vote for the Overlord needing someone to fetch his slippers.