Kittah art Third Pic Posted

Started by kittyblackrabbit, July 10, 2006, 08:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kittyblackrabbit

I will start posting my art here soon :) just watch hahahah, once i'm up and running on my  comp.

Damaris

*admin note- moving this to the art forum*

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

ITOS

Kittah has arrived! :D

Should I get the red carpet or just run?
This generic comment was brought to you by:

Paladin Sheppard

Carpet, She isn't evil ITOS..I hope  :3

ITOS

Quote from: Paladin Sheppard on July 10, 2006, 11:55:02 PM

"Trust everyone but don't trust the cubi inside them."  :D
This generic comment was brought to you by:

kittyblackrabbit

Quote from: Paladin Sheppard on July 10, 2006, 11:55:02 PM

I'm a cubi.... of course i'm evil....

and to start this thread out right an image i started working on based on a pose i saw done on tv. It's a bit more extreme than the orignal pose but it's still nice. :)

Gareeku

Lovely work, Kittah. The pose is different, yet it has a feeling of beauty and elegance about it. Very nice :)

RJ

Ooh, kimono... it's very elegant and graceful, yes ^_^

Paladin Sheppard

*tilts head to the side and drools* WoW Kittah *agrees with the squirrel*

Tiger_T

Kimono-pictures always look so elegant. :) Very nice!

One question though, if I may.
Does she jump somehow or do we look at her laying there?
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

Malakin

Too many good artists around here, not good for ones ego :P

she is mid air as far as i can tell...

Jack McSlay

she seems very flexible  :mowwink

yay for kimono+boots
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Zina

Suwako

I like it, It looks very nice Kittah.

kittyblackrabbit

Thanks, no she's not floating in mid air or laying on her back, she's actually in a tank of water. Once i get the coloring done i hope i can do it so it shows that properly. as it is based on a pose that was done on the TV show America's Next Top Model. Where theyd did an underwater shoot. I added a bit more to the kimono as it wasnt that long. and i bent her up a bit more.

Damaris

Can you link to the reference pic?  Cause... I'm like "ow, my hip hurts just looking at this" (I'm sure it's just because there is no shading yet, and the way I'm seeing it isn't how it's meant to be.)

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

kittyblackrabbit

Quote from: Damaris on July 12, 2006, 11:56:31 PM
Can you link to the reference pic?  Cause... I'm like "ow, my hip hurts just looking at this" (I'm sure it's just because there is no shading yet, and the way I'm seeing it isn't how it's meant to be.)

http://wwwimage.upn.com/shows/top_model2/episode05/photos/05_apr.jpg

Theres the link for the orignal pic. The one i did is a bit more exagurated, as it had been some time since i saw that episode.

Damaris

Okay.  I was able to figure out what was bothering me.

The way you have the foot to me seems... well, physically impossible.  The way you have it, it looks like her leg is going straight back behind her, which isn't possible while keeping the leg AND the back that straight.

For example:
http://www.danceart.com/mediareview/images/StaceyArabesque2.jpg

It is possible to do it that straight to the side, but then the heel would be on outside, with the toe on the inside:

http://www.royal-ballet-school.org.uk/Home/homeImage.jpg

That URL has almost the same dementions, but the heel makes all the difference.

So yeah... the art itself is very good, and the detail on the kimono is superb, but that knee/heel is buggin the bejabbers outta me.

kittyblackrabbit

well like i said it had been a while since i last saw the actual pose. I didnt go online to snag it i drew it from what was in my memory. so it is just a tad bit off.  thats all :)

Damaris

I'm not commenting on the similarity to the picture (peh, who really cares about that- it just helped me pinpoint what was bothering me), I'm commenting on drawing itself, Kitty.

Tiger_T

It is possible IMO ;)

link
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

xHaZxMaTx

llearch n'n'daCorna

Yeah. Possible, not necessarily comfortable...

... but then, we do all sorts of strange things for art, don't we?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Damaris

But look at the knee and the back in your linked pic, Tiger.  The knee is bent, and the back is curved.  That would be my point.

Zina

I think the problem is how the foot is positioned. It either needs to be behind the back more and bent, or the foot should be faceing the other way.
Either way, I still think the kimono is lovely. :3

Tiger_T

Must be an unusual point of view, Damaris. ;) :mowtongue

*agrees with Zina*
Tigriel's got a guest:

Damaris

Not too unusual, since Zina just said the same thing

:mowtongue

Darkmoon

Seriously, that picture would never have made it out of a figure drawing class back at my college. The teacher woulda torn it apart and made you redraw the leg.

Netami

Too bad this isn't a college figure drawing class.

Darkmoon

Yeah, because now she has no need to improve her art. Pity.

*runs off to be naked elsewhere*

:mwaha