Turnsky's art 2.0 - with abel fanarts and other new stuffs.

Started by Turnsky, September 16, 2008, 10:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brunhidden

*ponders if keaton mechs or giant tanks in the shape of keatons face would be better*
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Jairus

Quote from: Brunhidden on September 17, 2008, 07:00:26 PM
*ponders if keaton mechs or giant tanks in the shape of keatons face would be better*
Why have only one? This is Engineer Jairus reporting that the Mekeatons and the Keatanks shall be ready for the revolution!
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

VSMIT

I'm currently in training for the Keatanks.  I will make sure that the revolution will be swift.  It will be righteous.  And it will be without mercy.

Jairus

Quote from: VSMIT on September 18, 2008, 02:23:41 AM
I'm currently in training for the Keatanks.  I will make sure that the revolution will be swift.  It will be righteous.  And it will be without mercy.
Preliminary designs for the Mekeaton have been completed. We are shortly in anticipating of a lock-down of the design and some final tweaking before mass-production begins. Design for the Keatanks commences shortly.

LionHeart

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 17, 2008, 08:43:39 AM
Quote from: Mowser on September 17, 2008, 08:40:28 AM
*snerk*

I wonder if dyslexics believe in Dog.

No, they just lie awake at night wondering if he really exists.
Is that the one who sold his soul to Santa?
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Mao

Quote from: Brunhidden on September 17, 2008, 04:35:57 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on September 17, 2008, 04:25:12 PM
Quote from: Brunhidden on September 17, 2008, 04:20:46 PM
to me it looks more like a movie poster
a poster for one of the most bitchin movies the world has ever known
Actually, seeing Keaton raise an army would make a pretty kick-ass film.

if she is wearing that and theres at least one explosion i would say you have a blockbuster of 'pirates' proportions

i volunteer for this army, got any openings for something above 'heavy infantry'?

Got any room for a mercenary nictarl?

Quote from: LionHeart on September 18, 2008, 07:13:15 AM
Quote from: Mowser on September 17, 2008, 08:40:28 AM
*snerk*

I wonder if dyslexics believe in Dog.

*snerk*  Ok, I'm going to have to remember these next time I go home.  One of the girls I grew up with is a dyslexic but loves to make light of it.  She's gonna love this stuff.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: LionHeart on September 18, 2008, 07:13:15 AM

No, you're thinking of the one who suffers from lysdexia.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Turnsky

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Tapewolf

That's quite an effective rain technique, a bit like the woodgrain effect I used to do.  I'll have to remember it in case I ever need to do a storm like that.
I think I already said that it's a good likeness for Keaton in the 'Draw a username' thread.  Tony turned out well too.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Mao

Wow, I'm not sure where to start here..

Saberthing-3:  I'm going to echo Tapewolf on that one.  I love the rain.  It has a great sense of depth to it and with the glow/mist like effect around the character it really looks good.  The sparks on the lightsaber from the rain hitting them is a nice touch.  I think the only complaint I have is that the top of the characters body seems way smaller than it should be compared to the bottom, but that's just my untrained eye.

Sketch of Tony:  I don't know the char/person but the picture gets love from me.  Though the left/back leg looks off to me.  Too small maybe?  Again, I've got an untrained eye. :<

Keats:  It's Keats.  What's not to love?  Though knowing a bit about her character I have a hard time picturing her in an outfit like that.

Well, that's all I've got.  Love the work and can't wait to see more.

Cogidubnus

I'd like to echo the rain thing, and I think I've seen that particular picture before, somewhere. The sparkly effect on the lightsaber from the vaporizing waterdrops is something that makes me grin with glee at the attention to detail.

Tony looks a bit like he just woke up or something and needs some caffeine.  :U

Keaton in a dress - if this was Ren's thread or the ban game, I might shout 'heresy', but in this case I might say the emperor forgives.  :B
The dress is weird lookin', especially the skirt, and having no artistic knowledge I might say the the perspective looks cool to me (:B). I don't think I've ever imagined Keaton in a dress, though I can certainly say I think it looks very nice.

Turnsky

one very clean abel sketch..

he's spotless... geddit?  :U

VSMIT

About the art: Looks very good.  I just think that the snout looks a little too long.

About the joke:

Jairus

Great Abel drawing... terrible joke.

Are you intending to color it?

Tapewolf

Quote from: VSMIT on September 23, 2008, 09:42:42 PM
About the art: Looks very good.  I just think that the snout looks a little too long.
I dunno... I think the snout it makes him look a little more panther-like, which looks rather good on him IMHO.
I don't really have much to add.  It looks neat and I hope you do colour it, with or without the spots.

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: Turnsky on September 23, 2008, 09:37:21 PM
one very clean abel sketch..

he's spotless... geddit?  :U

I liked the sketch, and then I saw the pun.

This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Ren Gaulen

Great drawing of Abel. But his left arm looks a bit awkward - as if he's going to punch somebody in the face. :. *covers his face*

Brunhidden

hands on hips, thrust pelvis, enlarge and shinify eyes,  pout

basic formula, works very well
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Gabi

The muzzle looks a bit weird to me, but I like how the rest of the body turned out, especially the hair and eye.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Gabi on September 24, 2008, 09:28:58 AM
The muzzle looks a bit weird to me, but I like how the rest of the body turned out, especially the hair and eye.
The muzzle makes him look like a canine. :. And the hair makes him look like Kenshin from "Samurai X". :>

..And now I envision Abel using a katana with with a blunt blade..

Goatmon

It's very nice, but I wouldn't have recognized that as Abel with only the picture to go by.

Kipiru

Nice Abel, but I'm not sure I like him white, makes him look like a dalmatian. All the other drawings are awesome, but my prize goes to the knight guy- supreme armor and I like how you gave it that polished look I can't still seem to get. I have just one critique to make- the knight's legs- they seem way to large for him.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Kipiru on February 06, 2009, 09:20:28 AM
Nice Abel, but I'm not sure I like him white, makes him look like a dalmatian.
The spot pattern is also a bit different to Amber's... in this it's a large number of small spots rather than a smaller number of large spots.

QuoteAll the other drawings are awesome, but my prize goes to the knight guy- supreme armor and I like how you gave it that polished look I can't still seem to get. I have just one critique to make- the knight's legs- they seem way to large for him.
I like Zedd, though he looks a little more sinister than usual.  As for the knight, the legs seem to be long proportionally (I assumed Kipiru was referring to width).  That's something Ren and Keaton have problems with too, mind.
The armour is awesome.  Though the fact that the long tail is completely unprotected makes me cringe slightly.  I hope it's just ceremonial armour.

Quirks aside, it's a nice batch of art and worth the wait.

Turnsky

Quote from: Kipiru on February 06, 2009, 09:20:28 AM
Nice Abel, but I'm not sure I like him white, makes him look like a dalmatian. All the other drawings are awesome, but my prize goes to the knight guy- supreme armor and I like how you gave it that polished look I can't still seem to get. I have just one critique to make- the knight's legs- they seem way to large for him.

you folks are ignoring the subtle bloom effect i applied.

his base coloration is #FEF3CE, the bloom effect makes him look lighter

Tapewolf

Quote from: Turnsky on February 06, 2009, 09:29:42 AM
you folks are ignoring the subtle bloom effect i applied.
Yes.

>:3

**EDIT**
Quote from: Turnsky on February 06, 2009, 09:29:42 AM
his base coloration is #FEF3CE, the bloom effect makes him look lighter

I never really liked bloom, I must confess.  I'm putting it down to personal taste.

Kipiru

I like the bloom effect and kind of envy you for knowing how to do it, but i still think the color should have been a bit more yellow...ish.

Turnsky

Quote from: Kipiru on February 06, 2009, 09:42:15 AM
I like the bloom effect and kind of envy you for knowing how to do it, but i still think the color should have been a bit more yellow...ish.

possibly your monitor brightness is too high and needs proper calibration, there's plenty of utilities of that online y'know  >:3

Janus Whitefurr

Or failing that, eyesight! I'm not even wearing my glasses right now (yay, squinting a little), and I can still see the 'cream' tone of Abel's fur just fine. Calibration, folks~

Oh, and Turn? Have some public huggie affection for this lovely work of violence. :x  :hug
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Lysander

Yeah, I freakin' love that image of Butcher. Very nice random blood splatter effects. Great work on the coat. The little shine of the eye adds a nice touch. I wonder how many of those coats he has or if he washes a single one to perfect whiteness after every kill...   :januscat
TytajLucheek