S4 League

Started by Mao, September 14, 2008, 01:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mao

Anyone else playing this?  I picked it up from one of Ian's rants over at Three Panel Soul and have been enjoying it quite a bit.  If you're playing it, or want to try it let me know and maybe we can meet up.  You can either work with me, or kill me to your hearts content.  Either way it should be fun.

Akisohida

I am starting to download it as I type this. Last free game I played was some third-person shooter where you could use dual-pistols, machineguns, grenade launchers, and swords, while running up walls and stuff. Called GunZ or something. Then the US servers went *poof*.
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Mao

From what I've read on their forums a lot of folks compare those two games.

Ryudo Lee

I was looking at it... is it any good?

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

Akisohida

Well, the official site looks to be in  german or dutch..Is the game in english?
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Mao

You can switch the site to English with the little button in the top right.  It will be look like a flag for Germany if the site is in German, England for english etc.  The game is available in English for sure, as that's the version I have.  I don't know about other languages, but I would assume so.  It might have even been an install option, I don't remember.

I've found the game quite fun so far and I've been playing since about Wednesday/Thursday last week, though I know that doesn't really answer the question of whether or not it's any good.

Akisohida

Well, Firefox hates downloading. I got to 75% and then it finished the DL..but the archive was giving 'incomplete' errors upon trying to open it.

Ryudo Lee

Well I downloaded it and signed up.  Let's see what I can do with this thing...

Akisohida

Ok, I have signed up and downloaded. Now to see how it is. If you want, keep an eye out for Akisohida.

Edit: English server, that is.

Ryudo Lee

Yeah, look out on the english server for DaRai.

Mao

I'm on the English server as well, but I'm nothing to look out for.  Engelis is my main.  Just a heads up, the open beta is ending soon, but they're saying it will only be a week between the end of the open beta, and the opening of the new release.

Akisohida

The only downside to this game is the laggers. I saw someone with the 'lag' symbol over his head, yet he was running around, fine as could be, killing people. He was not lagging and shooting at a wall or air. He was lagging and chasing down my teammates in football or grabbing the ball and making a break for the goal while his lag prevented him from dropping after taking rounds of ammo. x.x

Mao

Yeah, they're a problem, but I find the mind drain weapon deals with them quite nicely.

Akisohida

Well, if anyone adds 'Akisohida' to their friends list, give me a wave on there. :)

Ryudo Lee

Quote from: Mowser on September 18, 2008, 09:36:22 AM
I'm on the English server as well, but I'm nothing to look out for.  Engelis is my main.  Just a heads up, the open beta is ending soon, but they're saying it will only be a week between the end of the open beta, and the opening of the new release.

From what I read on their forums, the game will be going down starting next monday (Sept. 22) and will be inaccessible for an entire week, and then the game is released in full.

Mao

Yeah, it's on the main news page as well.  I've been cramming in what time I can into it before the week hiatus but Force Unleashed keeps calling me.   What really sucks is that they haven't said a thing about what will happen to beta accounts officially last I checked.

Ryudo Lee

Rumors are bouncing around that those with accounts will keep their levels, but not their current money or equipment.  No one is sure, but they speculate that there will be some kind of starting package, like what they did with the Korean players.

Mao

Yeah, I saw that much as well.  The mods are being fairly tight-lipped about about it.  Either way, I'm going to start playing, even if I have to go back from scratch.  Might help me fix that lousy 1.4 K.d I have in DM.  I skipped the tutorials at first and went into DM.  I paid a rather terrible price for it. >.<

Ryudo Lee

Heh I have a 1.3 k/d.  I can't even get into the intermediate channels since I got to level 6.

Akisohida

Hey, is there a friends list? The only thing remotely close I could find was a channel search function for names.

Mao

As far as I know there is, but I've not really used it any and can't comment any further than that.

Ryudo Lee

I couldn't find anything like it.  Perhaps it will be put in when they release the full game.

Mao

It's in, but it's broken anyway.

See here.