[Art] Kipiru Starrider's Art- Space Adventurer Tania(Updated 11/08/09)

Started by Kipiru, August 24, 2008, 06:01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kipiru

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 22, 2009, 04:30:37 PM
Nice job on both characters.

With the succubus her wings are perhaps a little oversized - they'd be awesome for gliding, but she'd have to hide them if she wants to stand up.

You might want to look at Dan in 1001 for example - the tops of his wings are level with his head.

Thanks Tape, as for the wing size- I am doing them large on purpose. The wings I like drawing should make the character look both impressive and flightworthy- as for them being too long, you can always write it off as magic being used to shrink or hide them when on the ground.

Sprocketsdance

KIPIRU!!!  :tighthug You are awesome! Thanks so much again! I love it!!   :boogie

Lysander

I love the wings, especially on Chance. I was thinking about how wings that size are probably much better for flying than the wings that are usually drawn with anthropomorphic characters. If a human was actually going to have wings they'd need to be a ridiculous size. Also good work on those spots, probably took a while. The only thing I'd say against the picture of Chance is there's no real depth. A suggestion that may help for flat color or unshaded pictures would be to increase the size of the outline gradually for the parts of the picture that would appear closer to the viewer.   :januscat
TytajLucheek

Beever

Splendid Work , they are both magnificent buddy.Maybe I shall call you now the Wing Master.These are  much much better and advanced wings  in contrast to   those I put on Dan.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Kipiru on May 22, 2009, 04:05:48 PM
I know Chance is supposed to be a Cubi, but I thought she would look better without the headwings.

Headwings may well be hidden. It's the easy excuse, and, after all, Cubi _are_ shapeshifters...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

e_voyager

wow you're been very busy Kipu. i should check out the art thread more often. keep up the great work
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Ghostwish

Holy smoking barrels Kipiru! I go and ask Wuffnpuff where she got that awesome looking avatar of hers, and she points me to one very productive and talented artist! I've been flipping through your collection of pieces, and I love your style, so I'd like to ask if you've got the time to perhaps put my character to paper as well? ^_^

Kipiru

Yesterday I ran into a buried treasure folks, something I thought was long lost art. A friend of mine dug up a couple of pictures I had done about 7 years ago, that I considered the best work I had ever done(to some extent I still think it true). They were sketches of the characters we were going to use in a fan-made vampire movie. I drew the outlines and a friend of mine did the shading with his thumbs. So here they are- unveiled after 7 years of gathering dust:

Hastor- the main hero of the story- a good vampire with a hidden past.
Davius- the villain- also a vampire and Hastor's brother.
Spaiterus- the right hand of Davius- a vampire-to-be, this schemer has his own hidden agenda.
Hesian- a local youth that joins Hastor- brother of the girl that stands between Hastor and Davius.

NOTE: These are all at least A3 large, hence the crude photo shots(I just can't scan something that big) and the coloring of the paper(the old yellowish dusty look) is 100% authentic- that is how we found them.  :mowmeep

Tapewolf

I don't think I've seen shaded pencilwork from you before.  I think you have every right to be pleased with it.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Kipiru

Glad you liked them, but the shading was done by a friend of mine. Fun fact: the guy who did the shading, was also the one to be the main character Hastor. Anyone who's gone over my art should have also seen him drawn as our resident lightning mage and Hasstorr- The White Ninja Tiger  :mowsmile

Gabi

Why are they all named Hastorr? What am I missing?
Anyway, great drawings. The tiger's right forearm looks a bit weird, but the image as a whole looks really cool.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Kipiru

Quote from: Gabi on June 02, 2009, 12:35:18 PM
Why are they all named Hastorr? What am I missing?

Because it's the same person- in different characters.

Gabi

Do you mean different characters from the same author? Or something else?

Kipiru

I guess this needs more explaining. You see I have 3 friends which are very close to me(Beever being one of them by the way). Together we used to play RP games and we all had our characters- mine was Kipiru, Beever's is Guaslagan. Hastor was one of those characters- belonged to one of those friends of mine. Since we turned out to all be artistically inclined- those characters began to appear in different forms- variations of the original RP characters.

Zedd

e_voyager

indeed very interesting to see the changes. did you all do different world rp's
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Kipiru

Sort of. We actually only played this one world, but since everyone knew the others' characters by heart, we went on and placed versions of these charcters in all sorts of different settings. From classic fantasy to all sorts of sci-fi!

e_voyager

classic elseworlds rps' i love them. it's part  of why i still read some DC comics. different perspective on the same character's superman last son of earth was a good one

Kipiru

Tapewolf

Quote from: Kipiru on June 10, 2009, 07:39:23 AM
Presenting my gift for Cogidubnus from the CCC- open for comments:

Cogidubnus

I think it turned out very well.  Good likeness, good pose.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Sprocketsdance

You've done it again! I don't know how you do it.. but you really make people's characters look so darn cool! You're awesome!  :boogie  (I really love the shoes too for some reason..  :giggle )

Kipiru

Quote from: wuffnpuff on June 10, 2009, 08:29:54 AM
You've done it again! I don't know how you do it.. but you really make people's characters look so darn cool! You're awesome!  :boogie  (I really love the shoes too for some reason..  :giggle )

Well, you see Wuffy, people's characters are cool to begin with, so I can't take all the credit there. Noone makes his character with the thought of it being ugly and boring. I simply seem to poses the skills needed to bring out that coolness out and that makes me extremely happy. And, yeah, I like the shoes as well  :mowsmile

James StarRunner

Gabi

Cogidubnus

Quote from: Kipiru on June 10, 2009, 07:39:23 AM
Presenting my gift for Cogidubnus from the CCC- open for comments:

Cogidubnus

Behold! The very first drawing of Cog's feet, ever! xD

At least, that's what I seem to recall. This looks awesome, Kiripu. Thank you very much for drawing this for me. :3

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Cogidubnus on June 11, 2009, 10:27:04 PM
This looks awesome, Kiripu. Thank you very much for drawing this for me. :3
Could it possibly be avatar-material?  :3

Lysander

An interesting pose that you made very well.. I like the wind effect on his coat. Lots of good motion.  :januscat
TytajLucheek

Kipiru

Here are two pics that have been in the making for quite some time.
The first one is of two girls from Bulgaria that I had made a promise to, to draw them dancing:
Dancing

And the second one is a picture of Aisha and Gareeku I had promised them after the beach pic incident  :mowsmile as a sort of atonemen on my part, I hope they like it:

Aisha and Gareeku

Beever

The most popular word slips again from my mouth.AWSOME :)

Aisha and Gareeku both look  quite vigorous teamed together and  ready to strike back with full might!
The dancing girls, I  hope they liked their tan, you put extra from it, both you shaded them sexy. The sparkle of the eye beneath the lock  of the girl with the blue jeans- really nice.

One thing ,the fingertips on the other girl's right hand look pretty thin and there is something to be added or maybe taken off her wrist , so that the hand could look more elegant or feminine.That's my opinion.

Keep it going Splendid  buddy!

e_voyager

agreed. it is and awesome pic. both of them look like they're ready to face some kind of menace together.