08/21/08 [Abel 2 #27] - Home

Started by Rafe, August 21, 2008, 11:10:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jairus

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 22, 2008, 04:59:00 AM
Quote from: Jairus on August 22, 2008, 04:38:59 AM
Really? Wow, Jyrras got really lucky that one time didn't he: there wouldn't be anything left of him if Kria had gone medieval on him when they first met. If Kria did chase down Aniz and beat him up, though, it would earn her brownie points in my book. And, really, is there any surprise that Kira couldn't beat Fa'Lina?
It's a matter of scale, i.e. an adult demon could take an average 'Cubi down no problem, but an exceptionally powerful 'Cubi would take the demon down instead.

Here's the post: http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php/topic,3874.msg165905.html#msg165905

Aw, thank you for finding that. Fascinating.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jairus on August 22, 2008, 10:44:00 AM
Aw, thank you for finding that. Fascinating.

It's come up a few times, so I've added it to the 'Demons' entry in the wiki.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Aleolus

Uh oh.  I know that face, that's the face of someone who is about to go ballistic, either by bursting out into tears, or through random violence!  Good thing Fa'Lina is way too sexy to hurt, otherwise I'd be worried about her!    :giggle

Yugo

Poor Abel, too surprised to think about May and Hennya. I'm curious as to how he'll react now.
https://www.weasyl.com/~boximus<br /><br />My Weasyl!

Lucheek

Take classes from home? Was Dan given that option? Or is Abel's "tutoring" considered Classes from home?

Jairus

Quote from: Lucheek on August 22, 2008, 01:56:41 PM
Take classes from home? Was Dan given that option? Or is Abel's "tutoring" considered Classes from home?
That sounds like a distinct possibility. Or, since Dan isn't a full-time student yet, it could just be tutoring until he decides to go to SAIA.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Lego3400

By mentioning home, she's trying to get him to stay. It's the lesser of two evils.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Lucheek on August 22, 2008, 01:56:41 PM
I was going to mention this myself, but yes.  I came to the conclusion that Dan is studying from home until he is ready to join full-time.  No doubt Abel would have been given a similar offer as there's a limit to how much emotional manipulation, torture and so forth he'd be able to learn away, and being seen with headwings might not be too beneficial, depending on how tolerant Zinvth is.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Lena

I just can't get over Abel in the last panel. It looks like he just realized he may not have a home to go back to. That, or he is trying to process if what Fa'Lina said means there is a chance he could go back. Either way, she may have well have smacked him upside the head with a two-by-four. I guess she did in a way, with one little word. Who else bets we're going to have another breakdown soon? Looks a little to me the way some people look right before they burst into stress tears.
I'm still hoping Fa'Lina's years of experience means she knows what she's doing, to help him through this now while everything is (mostly) under control rather than letting it sit and having him snap under pressure.

Mao

Beyond that, his last memories from home were ever so slightly traumatic.  I think that he was finally starting to block them off from his mind and that just by mentioning the word home to him, Fa'Lina just brought the memories screeching back to him.  To some this would seem cruel but these are the sort of things that you have to face if you want to move on from them.  However most folks tend to block them out or bottle them up.  It looked like Able was starting down that path.  I don't think Fa'Lina will let that happen.

Rafe

Abel could be in the middle of developing a batch of post traumatic stress syndrome.  One hopes that Fa'lina is doing her best to deal with it, before he turns into Full-Blown-PTSD-Abel, with all the flashbacks and nightmares.

It must be a great help to see inside someone's mind if you're trying to help their mental condition.  Being able to alter his dreams would also come in handy.
Rafe

Angel

....(no clue what to say)

Shouldn't Fa'Lina have understood why making that offer would be a bad idea? Oh, and in the third panel, she seems to be leaning on air... Of course, that could just be me.  :B

And also... I still feel like Fa'Lina's the kindest person in this arc so far. Hm... so would Aniz or Ink be the bad cop?
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Rafe

As far as the whole arc (not just part 2), I'd say that, strangely enough, Kria might be the kindest character, or at least the most selfless.  After all, she apparently risked some serious disfavor when she stopped to help Abel. 

Fa'lina is doing what she sees to be the right thing to fix the situation, and obviously wants to help Abel, but Kria probably saved his life.
Rafe

kaskar

8) Does Destina go with Abel, back to his home, so May and Abel can come to terms with Abel's Cubi state ?
8) Just Hanging Around ...