[DMFA Forum] - Rules: Read BEFORE Posting

Started by Amber Williams, July 09, 2006, 09:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amber Williams

(Last Modified: Wednesday, November 16th, 2008)

Notice:These are the rules for this particular section of the forums.  Be sure to check the other forum rules before posting in those particular sections.
----------------

Welcome to the DMFA Discussion Forum.  This section is dedicated primarily to the goings on in the webcomic Dan and Mab's Furry Adventures.   As such, most topics should contain some relation to the comic or the characters...or at least something DMFA related. If not, the general forum is now available to discuss.

Anyways...onto some protocol!

First off: While the DMFA section is slightly different, keep in mind all the normal forum rules.  No harrassing, no pointless stupidity, no racial slurs.   Try to present yourselves as intelligent posters since you are ultimately a reflection of the comic itself.  If you look bad, I look bad.

Rating:This particular forum section is rated around PG to Fa-Teen.  Mainly because the comic itself is rated PG, and Abel's Story is Fa-Teen.

Keep in mind I am not going to go cyber-nanny on you guys and slap your hands if you post an occasional swear word or make a joke laden with innuendo.  All I really ask is that people post with common sense.  As long as not every other post is swearing or sex jokes, I'm likely not going to care.  The trick is moderation.

Comic Thread First Posts: I'm not going to make it someones job to post the offical discussion thread whenever I upload a new comic.  Overall you guys tend to handle the situation well and when two post at the same time, you tend to congregate to one.  I'll leave that to you guys.  However, as courtesy to everyone, adding a proper date to the tread title (Example: 07/09/2006) is really helpful and will likely make searches a lot easier if everyone follows this system.

Typo Handling:  I occasionally make typos.  It happens.  And when I discover them I will do my best to alter or remove them as soon as possible.  As such, if you spot any typos in the DMFA comic, you should PM Amber privately rather than posting it in the forum itself.   That way when it is edited, your post doesn't suddenly become obsolete.  As a side note, if one does post in the forum and it is deemed to be done mockingly (and be warned, Amber is sensitive about typos as is), the person who did the post will be banned for 1 day.

General bla bla bla:  I shouldn't have to tell people to not flame, use the forum as their personal advertisement, and if they have arguments, to take them to PMs.  So please don't create situations where I do.

As a general rule, please DO NOT try to make every post you do some zany wacky thing.  People seem to feel they need to be incredibly hyper/frisky/funny in every post to the point that all they do is end up posting meaningless slop.  And while I will give a reason behind every thread I lock, if you are posting what I feel to be utter childish crap, I will delete your posts without saying anything.

PMing Amber:  If someone is trolling, harrassing, or posting something that you feel is breaking all sorts of rules...Private Message me saying so and showing me where at.   Please don't use the Private Message system to try to start conversations or ask for things...I have an email amber@mabsland.com and while I might take 5 billion years to respond, odds are I'll take longer if its a PM as I tend to forget about them easily.

Hidden Pages This has been requested in individual threads, but it's worth saying again.  There are some hidden pages on the DMFA website.  Posting the links, or instructions to access these pages is not allowed, and will result in a ban of a least 24 hours.

As always, try to play nice.  And have fun.  And watch out for Chain Chomps.

Damaris

As an addendum:

Amber has no plans on making a book of DMFA comics.  She has stated this several times.  I know you all weep inside, but we must all continue living through the pain.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

llearch n'n'daCorna

Weep, weep.

That's even if we offer to help. So have a tissue, and go away. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Damaris

No changes above, just a reminder:

I noticed a few things lately sneaking back into the DMFA forum lately.  I suggest that members read over the rules (this thread and the general forum rules- both apply to this forum) one more time, to make sure you are up to date.  A few things to note:

1) "Nitpicking" is highly discouraged in the DMFA forum.  It discourages people from
         posting, and makes the posting atmosphere extremely negative.  When the mods
         would rather clean the bathroom then read the forum, somethings off.

2) Although we appreciate the sentiment, please do not correct other posters.  That's
        what we're around for.  We have a fairly large moderation staff for a reason.  If you
        feel you must do something, PM us here on the forum, IM us on AIM or Yahoo, use the
        "report a post" function, etc.  Additionally, you can refrain from feeding the trolls. 
        That's really what they want, in the end.  If you ignore them, its no fun.

3) I know people won't always get along, but do try to be civil guys.  This is the PG
        section, and it should be treated as such.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Damaris

A reminder to people who just frequent the DMFA area:

Clockwork Mansion Forums has quite a few areas for people to wander in and discuss a myriad of topics.  We  Darkmoon's Lusty Tavern for CVRPG discussion, and have recently added subforums for several comics in our Half Moon Theatre Area (including work by Jigsaw Forte, Turnsky, and Tapewolf)

We encourage you to look around often, as there are always changes being made!

Additionally, those of you who have your own comics, and are interested in starting a board of your own are welcome to look over the requirements for requesting a subforum, located in the Half Moon Theatre.